PDA

View Full Version : Gpw

ElizaLeahy
18th July 2009, 10:48 AM
I'm pretty excited, thanks to Gary Pye Woodturning!

I've wanted a miniature set of tools since I got the lathe, but they were too expensive. I bid on one on ebay last week, but got outbid because I was really broke just then (the Zoe going to Sydney thing).

I was looking online, not really with any hope of finding something I could afford, just, you know, torturing myself the way we do when we drool over things we want and can't afford.

And on GPW I found a miniature set of 5 for $45!!!

I had to phone them to make sure that they hadn't made a mistake and forgotten the 1 in front! They said about $10 postage.

So, next pay day, I'm buying a set!

Thank you GPW!!!

Timber stacker
18th July 2009, 01:04 PM
$45!:o wow that a low price. I might have to buy a set as well. Do you know how long they are?

ElizaLeahy
18th July 2009, 03:15 PM
All the details for sizes are on their website. Their full size chisels are inexpensive but good too.

:)

tea lady
18th July 2009, 03:43 PM
:think: Might have to hold off till the Thompson tools are done and dusted. Maybe xmas. :cool:

wheelinround
18th July 2009, 04:19 PM
Have had a set for ages Eliza they are not bad I have to change the handles for my use

ElizaLeahy
18th July 2009, 06:02 PM
I'll let you know how they are when I get them. Just what I need for fiddly bits on hairsticks :)

(and tiny boxes!)

artme
18th July 2009, 09:27 PM
Good buy Eliza and GPW are great people to deal with.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

wheelinround
19th July 2009, 11:00 AM
Not wanting to steel GPW's thunder there rae these sets from Timbercon/Sherwood they also have Crown sets

Jim Carroll who sells Robert Sorby has the Mini set now they are worthy LOML has a set :~ and if I touch them except for sharpening :boxing5: