PDA

View Full Version : Teknatool Nova TL 1200

kiwioutdoors
19th July 2009, 06:27 PM
18 month ago I sold my old tanner lathes and bought a Teknatool Nova TL 1200 without a stand and once unloaded from the car it has spent the last 18 months on the floor waiting for me to build it a home. On thursday I was surffing through trademe our version of Ebay and found a unwanted stand for a metalwork lathe for $10. It was a little short but it was solid with some melamine and some 50 by 25 mm box section and $25 worth of Galvanised bolts I have a stand.

Initially I am going to make about 2 dozen chisel handles.

I have a few question though

Is my setup solid enough or have I over / under engineered it

Does anyone have a manual for one of these they could scan and email me?

How to you swivel it ie turn the head to face the other way or out at an angle? Just unbolt and change the way it faces?

The last image shows some metal plates what are these for ? they look homemade and the only place they seem to fit is under the belt housing where the machine attaches to the sliding bed? But Why i am not sure Any ideas?

Thanks

Andrew

RETIRED
19th July 2009, 06:40 PM
You can never over engineer a lathe stand.

Enfield Guy
19th July 2009, 08:05 PM
There should be a disk under the headstock that you push down to disengage the detent. Turn the headstock and release the disc. The headstock should re-engage the next detent. Should be able to set the head at 45deg and 90deg. I have a manual for it, but I can't scan and e-mail. Could probably photocopy and post. Even though you are in the land of the wrong white crowd!!! Congrats on the rugby as well. Ya Bas*****.

Jim Carroll
19th July 2009, 08:08 PM
You seem to have some bits missing from under the headstock to lock the headstock in place and also aid in the swivel.

Been a lot of years since I have seen this model so not sure where you would find the peices

artme
19th July 2009, 10:17 PM
You seem to have some bits missing from under the headstock to lock the headstock in place and also aid in the swivel.

Been a lot of years since I have seen this model so not sure where you would find the peices
I have one of those! Yippeeeeee, and so does Corbs. Make your own bits for lockin things in place. Not Too hard.

Have a manual. Will dig it out when sober!!!:B:B:B

Ed Reiss
20th July 2009, 12:03 PM
Will dig it out when sober!!!

might just have a long wait mate:doh:

corbs
1st August 2009, 08:26 PM
Hey... I missed this thread first time around, if you're still after a manual let me know as I might have an electronic copy on an external hard drive... if I don't its on the computer that just crashed so might need a new copy myself:doh:. I emailed Technatool and they emailed me the manual so thats always an option for you:2tsup:

I had mine set up for spindel/pen turning but now that I have the M305 I am thinking of turning the head and dedicating this one to bowls (not something I have done yet though.

Thats a pretty solid lookin stand though:2tsup:

Corbs