PDA

View Full Version : The fire engine

colbra
20th July 2009, 09:53 PM
Hi all would like to show you my work in progress it’s painfully slow compared to other great inputs but here we go, it’s a Seagraves fire engine from the 1930s started it sometime ago and doing a bit now and then.
I am unable to tell you what the timbers are if you were to read my last input to the post (show us your shed) you will understand my methods and practices of obtaining timber

Regards Colbra
Ps with the exception of the wheels

wheelinround
20th July 2009, 11:07 PM
well I'll follow it for sure

AUSSIE
21st July 2009, 08:20 AM
Great to see Colbra.Will keep an eye (or two) open to follow progress.Chased up your other post about models.Very good.:2tsup:

artme
21st July 2009, 08:36 AM
Excellent start!:2tsup::2tsup:

wheelinround
21st July 2009, 10:16 AM
:doh: hate it when I mistakenly unsubscribe from a thread

munruben
21st July 2009, 03:18 PM
Dark horse eh colbra? :) Nice work mate, looking good and I will also follow your progress with great interest. :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

colbra
21st July 2009, 11:44 PM
Hi all off fishing for a few days have done a bit more, will post again in about a week sorry about my slow work rate there are two fire trucks both at about the same stage of construction will show both next time
Regards colbra
PS two grand kids

AUSSIE
21st July 2009, 11:47 PM
Hi all off fishing for a few days have done a bit more, will post again in about a week sorry about my slow work rate there are two fire trucks both at about the same stage of construction will show both next time
Regards colbra
PS two grand kids:2tsup:
Great Colbra.I noticed another chassis in one of the pics.I wasn't going to mention it.:2tsup:

AUSSIE
30th September 2009, 01:07 PM
Colbra.I cant wait any longer---How is you nifty FIRE ENGINE going?.
I have been hanging out for an update.:D

munruben
30th September 2009, 05:16 PM
Was wondering when someone was going to stir this one up. Come on Colbra, whats happening?

artme
1st October 2009, 08:47 AM
Was wondering when someone was going to stir this one up. Come on Colbra, whats happening?

Me 2!!!

Billy
1st October 2009, 08:39 PM
yeah, where is?
cheers, billy

colbra
4th October 2009, 04:47 PM
Hi everyone sorry about the slow progress there have been a couple of things that have come along, I have not been in the back shed for about a month, but will be back on course soon thanks for all the inquiries and will be back soon
Regards Colbra :)

colbra
2nd July 2010, 04:19 PM
Hi all I have been off on another type of journey anyway found my way back and have finished the fire engines! Well almost anyway please find attachments sorry about the delay you may not even remember but here they are anyway
Regards colbra

AUSSIE
2nd July 2010, 04:52 PM
Hi Colbra
I never forgot your Fire trucks.I have been hanging out for them.
They are looking great Thanks for posting them
What is the next stop for the twin firetrucks now?:2tsup:

colbra
2nd July 2010, 09:16 PM
Hi Aussie as you may remember I was planning to give one each to the grandsons now 4 and 18 months, but I think they may only last a few mins with them, so maybe a glass case would be the go put up on a shelf where they could see them.
I will have a look around for some ideas! have you any on the matter, as for finishing off just a couple more coats of Dewaxed White Shellac that I bought off the boss at ww show.
Sand with some very fine paper or 00 steel wool and I think that would be it
Regards Col

wheelinround
3rd July 2010, 09:32 AM
great work like them very much :2tsup:

munruben
3rd July 2010, 10:06 AM
Well done colbra, you have done a nice job on those. Now you will have to set about making that glass case. :2tsup:

colbra
3rd July 2010, 08:43 PM
Thanks John and Wheelinround, I could not find a suitable plan for a small display case so I am going to have a go with a couple of ideas of my own will keep you all up to date with progress as slow as it maybe at times

Regards Col :)

artme
3rd July 2010, 09:03 PM
Excellent result there Colbra!! Worth the wait!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

forunna
8th July 2010, 03:46 PM
They are excellent. Two of my favourite things combined, wooden toys and fire trucks.