PDA

View Full Version : Three Clock Photos

Pete L
22nd July 2009, 09:53 PM
In the Welcome/Introduction section I stated that I would post some photos of items made. I have few photos however I do now have these three:

Photo 1 is a typical early 1900's wooden mantle clock with turned half pillars made from Jarrah. It has a Hermle movement and stands about 400mm high. It was modeled after a clock I had seen and liked. The clock was made as a gift and the photo has been emailed back to me.

Photo 2 is a mantel clock made from some fantastic 100+ year old reclaimed Jarrah left over from a large wall regulator. It is about 340mm tall. The dial and Keininger movement I purchased years ago whilst in the UK on a holiday. I finally made it a couple of years ago. This is the only clock I have kept for myself.

Photo 3 is a smallish wall regulator made for my daughter. I was given some old backwood panels from a church in inner Melbourne demolished in the 1950's. The wood was a challenge, very warped,full of splits and difficult to work but it had history and certainly polished nicely. The movement is Hermle, spring wound with pendulum. It is approx. 830mm in height.

I hope that the photos attach. I have tried to reduce the file size.

Peter

Buzza
23rd July 2009, 12:22 AM
Very nice work Peter. :)

Christos
23rd July 2009, 02:37 AM
I like the work that you have completed.

glenn k
23rd July 2009, 09:53 PM
Look good. I had a bloke after some wood said he made clocks, he was explaining the skill needed and his finishing technique then he bought one back to show me. It was a laminated plank cut to ~shape of Australia with a battery clock in it.