PDA

View Full Version : A plan for a workbench

WOOD DUCK
18th July 2004, 10:56 AM
I have the plan for the workbench linked by Gumby in darleys thread. I bought the plan from the website but didnt actually use it, I just got a door and stuck 4 legs on it. I would think that seeing as I paid for it and didnt use it if I gave it to someone here then I wouldnt upset anyone. I hope.
If someone wants this plan let me know. If this isnt the thing to do let me know also

journeyman Mick
18th July 2004, 11:22 AM
Wood duck,
generally when you buy a plan you are buying a licence to build one example of whatever the plans are for. So for example when you buy boat plans you are licensed to build one boat. If you wish to build multiples of the boat then further fees are payable, sometimes slightly less than the original fee because of the savings in printing and postage. I can't see that selling or giving the plans away would be an infringement of copyright or the designer's intellectual rights, as long as there was no specific clause making the licence to build non-transferable. Of course in this litigious day and age there is always the danger that should the person you pass the plans on to do the wrong thing by further distributing the plans or building workbenches for sale you may find yourself being sued by the designer for facilitating this copyright infringement. :( If you really want to cover yourself it might be worthwhile to contact the designer to let him/her know of your intentions.

Mick

WOOD DUCK
18th July 2004, 01:20 PM
So then its easier to just put it through the one way photo copier. Save any troubles in the future.
Thanks Mick

neddy
30th July 2004, 09:17 PM
Lets live a little, and pass in on.

Rod in Ontario
24th August 2004, 01:55 AM
http://www.workbenchdesign.net/