PDA

View Full Version : First Build - it's done!

petersemple
27th July 2009, 02:14 PM
Well, after about 8.5 years, my first build is finally finished. It's been an interesting journey, and I've made a few mistakes along the way. I guess that's how we learn. Thankfully the mistakes I made were either correctable or not important. Most important thing, is that the end of it all, she sounds and feels exactly how I wanted it to. Guess I'd better start planning the next one (actually, I've started the planning, but time to make it more concrete)

woodturner777
27th July 2009, 03:43 PM
Well it might have taken you 8 1/2 years but it was worth it.
It looks good, excellent job.
Cheers Bob

GhostGuitarist
27th July 2009, 05:14 PM
Congrats on your first build...gotta love a low "B".....nice.

petersemple
27th July 2009, 05:23 PM
Congrats on your first build...gotta love a low "B".....nice.

Yeah, when your son comes and complains because he's feeling a bit sick because the bass is resonating through the whole house even on low volume you know you've done something right. :D

tea lady
27th July 2009, 06:43 PM
Yeah, when your son comes and complains because he's feeling a bit sick because the bass is resonating through the whole house even on low volume you know you've done something right. :D:rofl: I love the figure. Concrete for the next one though? You going for a heavy sound man? :D

R3R
27th July 2009, 08:03 PM
lovely figure on the top

nice bass:2tsup:

old_picker
30th July 2009, 10:21 AM
nice job peter - well done

Sebastiaan56
30th July 2009, 01:02 PM
Looking good Peter! Most important bit is that you like it.

pjpalfi
1st August 2009, 03:25 PM
great looking work Peter! Of course the best thing is it's sounding as good as you hoped. Well done
8 1/2 years - yikes! & I thought 6 or 7 months for my first build (almost done) was a long time.
PJ