PDA

View Full Version : Delta or Makita

tizer
19th July 2004, 05:36 PM
I have narrowed it down to two, the Makita at $350 or the Delta at $299.
The delta is a much heavier machine which in my logic means it could be an advantage regarding anti vibration. service (warranty) is however restricted to Carba-Tec.
The Makita is the better looking machine, has a dust collection port, uses pinned and unpinned blades (not sure about the Delta), Makita has a good name and can be serviced anywhere.
My question is, has anyone used both these machines and which is the best concidering I will be cutting hardwood? The difference of $50 is not important.

DavidW
19th July 2004, 08:03 PM
I cannot coment on the Makita as I have never used one, I do however own the Delta 16" variable speed.

I bought it after first buying a generic Taiwanese saw which wasn't up to the 3D scrollong task I got it for. The Delta did the job no worries.

Despite the lack of dust collection the Delta more than makes up for it with the quickset blade change system which enables you to quickly insert the blade into drilled holes for inside scrolling. I dont think you can use pinned blades but then why would you bother. Hope this is of some help.