PDA

View Full Version : Basic begininers question

ElizaLeahy
1st August 2009, 01:06 PM
When you make the lid to jam tight in the box so you can turn the lid.. and then you turn off just that tiny fraction too much so it doesn't jam at all - what do you do?

:)

Not that I've done this, of course, no, not me. I'm just asking - you know, to help others who might have this problem.

:B

kdm
1st August 2009, 01:13 PM
Richard Raffan suggests building it up with wax until the lid is a tight fit.

robbiebgraham
1st August 2009, 01:26 PM
When you make the lid to jam tight in the box so you can turn the lid.. and then you turn off just that tiny fraction too much so it doesn't jam at all - what do you do?

Not that I've done this, of course, no, not me. I'm just asking - you know, to help others who might have this problem.

If you are talking about jamming it in to do the turning you can use a tissue, works a treat.
Robbie

ElizaLeahy
1st August 2009, 01:49 PM
I ended up using a paper towel from the kitchen.

I mean, not me, the friend of the friend of the friend - cousin. Yes, that's what they did...

;)

robbiebgraham
1st August 2009, 03:54 PM
I ended up using a paper towel from the kitchen.

I mean, not me, the friend of the friend of the friend - cousin. Yes, that's what they did...

;)
Well done Eliza.:2tsup: When will we see a picture of your friends cousins finished piece.:U

ElizaLeahy
1st August 2009, 04:04 PM
Well done Eliza.:2tsup: When will we see a picture of your friends cousins finished piece.:U

It's in the thread "Eliza's Box" - and now that that I see the name of that thread I wish I could change it.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tea lady
1st August 2009, 05:24 PM
It's in the thread "Eliza's Box" - and now that that I see the name of that thread I wish I could change it.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!He's away till Monday. :D Whatcha gonna call it? Fred? :p

Happy amateur
1st August 2009, 06:41 PM
I am at home. I don't mind.

Fred

ElizaLeahy
1st August 2009, 06:46 PM
LOL Fred! :)

Maybe Eliza's first for the Challenge?

tea lady
2nd August 2009, 12:31 AM
I am at home. I don't mind.

FredShe called her thread "Camphor laurel box". How boring. I'm gonna call mine Fred then. Ok Fred?:D

Happy amateur
2nd August 2009, 02:46 AM
Fine by me. That's my 15 mins. of fame.

Fred

ElizaLeahy
2nd August 2009, 10:28 AM
You should charge her rent

Happy amateur
2nd August 2009, 06:30 PM
It's a long way to arrange baliffs in the event of non payment of rent.
Anyway I would be honoured for any lady to use my name

Fred

Ozkaban
3rd August 2009, 11:20 AM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wondered when somebody would mention that :doh: We're all friends here, so I'm sure no one noticed...

cheers,
Dave

Edwards
4th August 2009, 05:57 PM

If the fit is not too loose, wrap one lap of masking tape around to hold the lid in place and then complete the turning.

Cheers
Edwards:)