PDA

View Full Version : Powderposts segmented entry.

powderpost
2nd August 2009, 09:50 PM
This is my offering for the box challenge. Not quite what I had in mind, I was a bit handicapped and we are running out of time. We are off to the UK and Italy for five weeks off. I did intend to do it as a WIP :doh:. Next time. Feel free to be critical.
It is 100mm high (excluding the finial) and 100mm diameter. The lid needed a knob and finials are the flavour of the month.

Jim

Ozkaban
3rd August 2009, 11:12 AM
aw c'mon. Give the rest of us a chance!!!

Beautiful work, as always :2tsup:

Cheers,
Dave

Ed Reiss
3rd August 2009, 12:30 PM
I quit....not even gonna' finish it :C:~:doh::D:D:D

Lookin' good Powderpost :2tsup:

ElizaLeahy
3rd August 2009, 01:25 PM
Critical?

Yes, I have one critic, it's not sitting on my sideboard!!!!

Enjoy your trip! :)

kdm
3rd August 2009, 01:43 PM
Great work Jim :2tsup:

wheelinround
3rd August 2009, 02:23 PM
:woot:Not what I'd expect from a master like you Jim its better than that:clap:

Great design if I finish the Macadamia bowl it'll look like a fire piece compared to yours

:england:

Sawdust Maker
5th August 2009, 10:26 PM
brilliant :2tsup:

you can do a wip when you get back

jefferson
6th August 2009, 09:41 AM
Very nice, Jim.

The segmented stuff you do is inspiring. :2tsup:

Calm
6th August 2009, 09:52 AM
Great stuff again Jim.:2tsup::2tsup:

just one question - can't you find big bits of wood around your place? Everything you make seems to be from little bits stuck together. Maybe the members could take up a collection and send you an old fence post or something to make it easier.:D:D

Cheers

Rattrap
6th August 2009, 10:20 AM
Now thats what i call segmented turning!
excellent piece mate:2tsup::2tsup:

Rum Pig
6th August 2009, 04:51 PM
Great stuff again Jim.:2tsup::2tsup:

just one question - can't you find big bits of wood around your place? Everything you make seems to be from little bits stuck together. Maybe the members could take up a collection and send you an old fence post or something to make it easier.:D:D

Cheers:clap3:

Nice job I would like to see a WIP

Skew ChiDAMN!!
6th August 2009, 06:04 PM
:think: With that finial, I hardly think anyone would be puzzled over which end is the top... so why the "this way up" arrows around the side?

:U Very, very nice.

(Although I can almost weep when I think of how many pens were stillborn to make that glue-up. :innocent:)

powderpost
6th August 2009, 10:13 PM
Unfortunately I didn't take any photos. Time didn't allow that. But thanks for the comments. When we get back I will have to do a wip on something similar. By the way, I have been known to attack a large piece of wood. It was 1500mm in diameter. Didn't like it very much so a change of direction was called for.
Jim