PDA

View Full Version : Refillable spray paint can

R. McCarthy
3rd August 2009, 07:56 PM
Hi guys,

Recently purchased a refillable spray paint can from the States - appears well made and solid - instructions on use a little bit hazy - anyone out there have one or know about it - do a lot of fiddly stuff for kids etc and it would certainly save time instead of dragging the big CIG sprayer out - just not sure about the air supply for pressurising - purchased on E-bay and the blurb says it can be pressurised with as little as a bike pump - too good to be true(?) - any hints would be really appreciated.... :no:

China
3rd August 2009, 09:57 PM
I have one that came with a machine that I bought from the states, it also mentioned a bike pump I only ever use a compressor to fill it, it works quite well I have to pay attention to seal and make sure it is realy tight or air and contents escape, I have not used it for paint, don't see why you could not

munruben
5th August 2009, 08:38 AM
Just be careful pressurising with compressor, air can go in at a great rate and I would imagine it would not take much pressure to blow one of these things to pieces. Monitor the pressure carefully.Trial and error I guess. Probably safer with a bicycle pump.

Woodlee
5th August 2009, 10:03 AM
When I was visiting Adelaide a few years ago I went to Paramount Browns to check out a few items ,they had one there .I dint buy it at the time and went back a couple of days later to pick it up and they had sold it .When I enquired the bloke said he didn't think they were getting any more.
I always thought it was a good idea and wish I had grabbed it when I saw it.

Kev.

Bob38S
5th August 2009, 10:30 AM
Brisbane woodshow - 2007, I think - available from Timbecon, not sure if they still have them.

Regards,
Bob

China
5th August 2009, 09:43 PM
As for adding to much air the specs that come with give you a maximum pressure to fill, I always use a tyer gauge so I know when to stop, I have never had a problem, the one I have is made of of reasonably heavy aluminium