PDA

View Full Version : The australian sheep & wool show, bendigo.

issatree
5th August 2009, 05:44 PM
Hi to all,
I was asked to give a bit of a report on the Wool Show, in Bendigo, Vic. that I attended
Well the weather was fine but a bit brisk on Fri. & rather quiet early, & then whamo, they all turned up, as most come by Bus from wherever, even W.A. S.A. NSW.
I really thought it maybe a struggle to sell this year, because of the economic climate, & very deep pockets.
WRONG, they spent like there was no tomorrow. I exceeded last years 1st.days takings.
Sat. was just as busy, but I got to do a bit of Turning, & Sun. even a bit more. Took quite a few orders home as well. A really good weekend financially, as well as seeing all the Ladies I have got to know, over the past years. Can you make this for me, Please. Yes, but don't hold your breath, Oh that's OK. So it continued.
I wondered why they had spent so well, & it was explained to me that they are buying items that they can use inside at night, & don't have to spend money going out.
Seems feasible, & I'm very grateful for their contributions.
Well that's about it. Start again.
Regards.
issatree.

Calm
5th August 2009, 05:50 PM
Do we get sny pics to look at??

Ed Reiss
5th August 2009, 09:38 PM
good for you issa....always nice to get rid of inventory and get paid at the same time:2tsup:

issatree
6th August 2009, 12:10 AM
Hi All,
Sorry, but I don't know how to do photos on the Forums yet. Have some Photos though.

Would it be an idea, for the Melb. Wood Show that, the powers that be, have a bit of a Hands On, how to do Photos from Camera to Computer to Forums or For Sale areas.
I would certainly be 1st. in the line. I'm always eager to learn, & not getting much younger.
Regards,
issatree.