PDA

View Full Version : Triton Maxi Extension Table ETA300 and ETA200 whats the difference ?

jmos
6th August 2009, 12:12 PM
Gday, I am wondering if anyone can tell me what the differences between the ETA300 and the ETA200 which is what I think it may be .
I have the oppotunity to buy the ETA200 which seems to be quite similar if not identical to the ETA300 ? .The fella who is selling told me its definatly the larger table because he had the smaller one as well.
The manual he faxed me only says Sliding Extension Table unlike the newer large table that says Maxi Extension Table ETA300.
Any help would be appreciated, as you know these are pretty hard to get hold of.

jmos
6th August 2009, 12:33 PM
Found some answers
Maxi - Sliding extension Table - ETA300 - $269
(Supersedes ETA200)

The metal running tubes are now 450mm longer.
The sliding table itself now has an extra 20mm marked on the rullers.
Its been modified to accomodate the American market of 4' x 8' panels.
No other chages have been made
The old ETA200 table is the same length, but thinner.
FWIW, the mini and the old maxi (ETA200) sliders both actually go to 1040, so that is not a way to distinguish between them - Steve's method is much easier. Seeing what the sliders read at maximum will distinguish the old maxi from the new maxi.
Depends on what you mean by handling an 2400mm x 1200mm sheet. The catalogue that was issued when the ETA200 came out says:
* Huge capacity allows one person to effortlessly cut 1200mm x 2400mm (4' x 8') sheet material.
* Table can be locked in position for conventional ripping up to 1200mm from the blade
I have the ETA200. It will handle 2400x1200 sheets. I have done this many times

Not really sure if I should buy the ETA200 or just wait for a ETA300 to show up, I think I will wait.
Cheers