PDA

View Full Version : Gold Coffee Bean Pens

dai sensei
8th August 2009, 06:39 PM
Just cast the beans in electrical tubes. Unfortunately the beans floated a bit, then a few flew off whilst turning, but with a bit of CA and few more beans they turned out Ok :U.

Gaza
8th August 2009, 07:55 PM
do they taste like coffee when you put the pen inyour mouth?

dj_pnevans
8th August 2009, 09:38 PM
They look good if you make the tube longer then when they float it will be ok.
David

Sawdust Maker
8th August 2009, 10:39 PM
not centered well enough
3/10
see me after class

MBUMIK
9th August 2009, 01:14 AM
i like them, they look pretty good with the beans missing at the bottom gives a progression in color, i also like the color of the resin you have used, nice contrasting color to the beans

did you use wood hardener on the beans before casting??? some say it helps to keep the beans together

from what i have been reading around the traps
the best way is to fill the the tubes with beans then pour water in so you can measure for the amount of resin needed, then after pouring the resin in put something on top to hold the beans down in the resin while it cures

these are on my todo list, i even have a bag of beans out in the shed ready and waiting.

10/10 for your first attempt

MIK

wm460
9th August 2009, 06:43 PM
Great looking pens.
What did you finish the pens with?
did you use a pressure chamber?

dai sensei
9th August 2009, 07:26 PM
idid you use wood hardener on the beans before casting??? some say it helps to keep the beans together

No, will consider for next ones

.What did you finish the pens with?
did you use a pressure chamber?

Finished with CA, yes I did use pressure pot.

dj_pnevans
9th August 2009, 09:02 PM
Neil I just want to eat them.
David

gawdelpus
9th August 2009, 09:59 PM
Hmmm ! I suspect a copyright infringement here ! Expect a call from "Nescafe Gold " lol.
Good to see you back in the world of "light-weights" hehe, cheers ~ John :2tsup:

Ozkaban
10th August 2009, 12:01 PM
I like the gold colour with them - almost looks like crema!

I have always thought that doing a colour progression through the coffee beans - deep brown at the bottom fading to white as you go up - to look like a cappuccino. I tried it once and failed dismally (hence no photos were taken, let alone shown!!!)

I think the gold also goes nicely with the kits. Well done :2tsup:

Cheers,
Dave