PDA

View Full Version : Nothing to do with wood, but goes to show..

ElizaLeahy
9th August 2009, 04:51 PM
That you can do anything if you really want to.

Warning - I cried my eyes out it's so beautiful.

YouTube - She without arm, he without leg - ballet - Hand in Hand

munruben
10th August 2009, 08:25 AM
Makes you realise just how wonderful some people are. Absolutely beautiful.:2tsup:

dennford
10th August 2009, 11:03 AM
makes you wander what's wrong with all those whingers out there,

take a look at this guy.

YouTube - I Love Living Life. I Am Happy.

Denn

wheelinround
10th August 2009, 11:15 AM
Its great to see how the world has changed a long way to go yet.
Why??

Other wise the fellow would not be having to do his tours and talks as many do.

dennford
10th August 2009, 11:53 AM
Its great to see how the world has changed a long way to go yet.
Why??

I'm not sure that I understand where you're going Wheelin???:?

Maybe he has to or maybe he wants to. One thing is for sure is that if he wasn't doing this he would be active elsewhere.

Another classic example of this is a guy called Warren Macdonald who you may recall some years ago was horrifically injured on Hinchinbrook island and ended up losing both legs - he has now gone on to achieve many mountaineering feats that mere has been climbers such as myself can only dream about - but it makes me realise how lucky I am to still have all my limbs - even though they are not quite as good as they used to be.

Life is good if you make it so.

Denn

Denn

wheelinround
10th August 2009, 02:27 PM
I'm not sure that I understand where you're going Wheelin???:?

Maybe he has to or maybe he wants to. One thing is for sure is that if he wasn't doing this he would be active elsewhere.

Another classic example of this is a guy called Warren Macdonald who you may recall some years ago was horrifically injured on Hinchinbrook island and ended up losing both legs - he has now gone on to achieve many mountaineering feats that mere has been climbers such as myself can only dream about - but it makes me realise how lucky I am to still have all my limbs - even though they are not quite as good as they used to be.

Life is good if you make it so.

Denn

Denn

Sorry Den was relating to how the world (comparied to when I was a kid with a disablility) now encourages rather than hides us away in room's out of view. Shame its still Gov and big Corp's that proudly say they are handing out $$$$$ to such, yet still wave them away when it comes to employment etc and true support.

Yes the guy you speak of is inspirational as are the Aussie, NZ, Japanese and UK basketball teams recently highlighted on ABC for their games.

dennford
10th August 2009, 02:50 PM
No need to apologise; I just didn't get the drift, but yes things can go further yet although when one thinks how it was 50 or more years ago it makes you cringe.

Denn

Thomas Bishop
18th September 2009, 09:22 PM
I think it is certainly commendable. People with disabilities doing stuff like this, it is simply an inspiration to everyone. Maybe he does want to - and I see no problems with it!

arose62
5th October 2009, 06:56 PM
... a long way to go yet.
Why??

The way I read this was - even though most folks have the standard complement of arms, legs, cars and flatscreen TVs, they still manage to have pretty crap lives in general.

When was the last time you met someone who was genuinely completely happy? When was the last time *you* were unconditionally happy?

We humans in general still have a looooong way to go...

Cheers,
Andrew

ElizaLeahy
5th October 2009, 07:32 PM
When was the last time *you* were unconditionally happy?

I usually am :)

I remember nights when my face has hurt, and it's because I've been grining like an idiot all day.

:happyb:

underfoot
8th October 2009, 05:38 AM
When was the last time *you* were unconditionally happy?

umm..:rolleyes:..yesterday :)

I remember nights when my face has hurt, and it's because I've been grining like an idiot all day.

ahh yes,:D Idiot grin face paralysis :D careful the wind doesn't change direction Eliza,:D
or you'll be stuck :D like :D that :D forever :D