PDA

View Full Version : Super garden trolley

jow104
21st July 2004, 11:54 PM
Members will most probably know that I am a sucker for garden furniture ( I haven't got any room left indoors for more furniture) and I have found an advert for a super garden trolley.
My problem is I normally work from the back of an old envelope, but I feel this project would need more details if to be constructed in teak. After all teak is expensive stuff and not many people can afford to suffer wastage of this timber.
I am begging somebody to make me a CAD drawing. I would be pleased to show progress construction as previous on this forum when I built the drop leaf table.

journeyman Mick
22nd July 2004, 12:23 AM
Sorry,
can't help with a CAD drawing, you'll just have to splash out on a new envelope instead. :D

Mick

fxst
22nd July 2004, 09:39 PM
easy peasy make 1 with cheap timber ....use it for the measurements and then flog it off to sum mug down the road via ebay for big quids....good for practice if nothin else
Pete whos been known to do the above........minus the ebay bit

Rocker
23rd July 2004, 07:51 AM
John,

I can't see why you need a plan for a relatively simple rectangular construction like that trolley. I have CAD software, but I don't draw complete plans of everything I make. I just use it to resolve problems where curves or odd angles are involved. After all, it does not really matter if your trolley does not come out identical to the one you have seen a picture of. I can't see how you can make any mistakes that would involve a waste of wood, if you measure carefully, and just offer the pieces to one another to work out where the mortices and tenons are to be cut. Just do it, I say.

Rocker

jow104
23rd July 2004, 05:48 PM
You are most probably correct in all you say, but I would like to get some drawing or plan of the sliding pull out and drawers. These two items are new concepts for me.