PDA

View Full Version : OK you guys - OUT OF MY DREAMS!!!

ElizaLeahy
11th August 2009, 10:20 AM
Probably because I haven't been able to turn in a couple of days, and before then it was stuff for the market, not boxes. So I've had this design in my head, the wood on my desk, and general frustration.

Last night I dreampt that I lived in my childhood home, lathe under the house. Next door lived - one of you, don't know which because I don't know what you look like!!! But one after the other visited them, and I was popping back and forth over the fence and still not getting any turning done.

TL, you weren't there. :q

Sawdust Maker
11th August 2009, 10:42 AM
you been into the cough syrup again :o

btw: that pen blank arrived yesterday, thanks
SWMBO complained that it was a little heavy.

ElizaLeahy
11th August 2009, 11:13 AM
Just tell her not to drop it on her toe. My toe nail is still black!

Sawdust Maker
11th August 2009, 11:36 AM
Sorry about the toe

It had a couple of those Aust Post stickers on it
"heavy, bend your knees when lifting etc"

Ed Reiss
11th August 2009, 11:46 AM
watcha' smokin' Eliza ?? ....send some this way, I've got a Bell Box to put it in, the coppers would never think to look in there:no::;:D:D:D

ElizaLeahy
11th August 2009, 11:53 AM
Sorry about the toe

It had a couple of those Aust Post stickers on it
"heavy, bend your knees when lifting etc"

The bit I dropped on my toe was a PEN BLANK!!!

Not been drinking anything, but I think I might start!

And my box just exploded, and I don't like mulga any more :(

:no:

Cliff Rogers
11th August 2009, 12:03 PM
Pop the lid back on the glue & open a window for a couple of minutes. :2tsup:

Sawdust Maker
11th August 2009, 12:10 PM
bugga about the mulga :((

I spose if you had dropped my bit of s ebony on your toe they would have had to amputate :o

ElizaLeahy
11th August 2009, 12:13 PM
Pop the lid back on the glue & open a window for a couple of minutes. :2tsup:

Window? I'd love a window! Then I could close it!

I work in the open, prey to the wind, rain, and grasshoppers!

I'm going to search the cupboard, I'm sure I have some cooking wine...

tea lady
11th August 2009, 05:24 PM
Probably because I haven't been able to turn in a couple of days, and before then it was stuff for the market, not boxes. So I've had this design in my head, the wood on my desk, and general frustration.

Last night I dreampt that I lived in my childhood home, lathe under the house. Next door lived - one of you, don't know which because I don't know what you look like!!! But one after the other visited them, and I was popping back and forth over the fence and still not getting any turning done.

TL, you weren't there. :qSo , You only dream about male turners? :rolleyes: I was too busy to be in a dream. Got some boxes to turn.:D

ElizaLeahy
11th August 2009, 05:30 PM
So , You only dream about male turners? :rolleyes: I was too busy to be in a dream. Got some boxes to turn.:D

I was probably too intimidated by you TL

jefferson
11th August 2009, 05:31 PM
Window? I'd love a window! Then I could close it!

I work in the open, prey to the wind, rain, and grasshoppers!

I'm going to search the cupboard, I'm sure I have some cooking wine...

Eliza, I think you seriously need to consider building a shed. Big or small, whatever your budget can handle. I reckon a turner can get away with say 3m by 3m? Tight, yes, but at least you're not open to the elements.

Surely, there are not many bodgers out there these days turning in the rain? :rolleyes:

I hear you have a little package coming for your finials..... Methinks you'll need some new chisels soon. :D:D And a Tormek too so you can sharpen the mini tools. :wink:

I stuffed up my latest box today, but will get back on the horse tomorrow.

Ozkaban
11th August 2009, 05:33 PM
I finally understand the 'challenge' element of this box thingy. It's getting through the month with your sanity in place.

Looks like Eliza might be the first to drop :D

Cheers,
Dave

ElizaLeahy
11th August 2009, 05:45 PM
Eliza, I think you seriously need to consider building a shed. Big or small, whatever your budget can handle. I reckon a turner can get away with say 3m by 3m? Tight, yes, but at least you're not open to the elements.

LOL I don't have much room. :) Derek and Bev have seen my corner. I'm out of the rain though. And I don't own this place, so I can't build anything. I'm thinking of getting a tent for summer though, to keep the grasshoppers away!!!!

I finally understand the 'challenge' element of this box thingy. It's getting through the month with your sanity in place.

Looks like Eliza might be the first to drop :D

yes, that's possible. Zoe sick, her back is now so bad that, at 53 we are looking for a mobile walker for her, until yesterday we thought her job was at risk... But hey, I already see a psyciatrist every fortnight! I'm sane because he told me that I am.

But I have a HUGE market on the 20th Sep - I just found out. They had 60,000 people through last year, so I'm told! I might have to concentrate on hobby horses and toys for awhile.

But I still want to do boxes!!!

Sawdust Maker
11th August 2009, 11:04 PM
boxes sell so I'm led to believe

ElizaLeahy
12th August 2009, 08:23 AM
I hope so, problem is I only have so big a table and I've been specifically asked to do things for boys!

This market is so popular that although I booked 6 months in advance I could only get half a stall. Sharing it with a lady selling jewelry and knitware! LOL

Enfield Guy
12th August 2009, 12:36 PM
So where is this market Elisa?

Skew ChiDAMN!!
12th August 2009, 04:08 PM
:think: Couldn't have been me, else you'd have described it as a nightmare, not a dream. :rolleyes:

Things for boys, eh? That's a poser... I imagine you'll be turning a few tops?

Good luck with the market!

ElizaLeahy
12th August 2009, 06:42 PM
So where is this market Elisa?

Racecourse Rd at Hamilton (you know, the area where people have lots of money) They close off the road. It's on the 20th September, will I see you there? :)

:think: Couldn't have been me, else you'd have described it as a nightmare, not a dream. :rolleyes:

Things for boys, eh? That's a poser... I imagine you'll be turning a few tops?

Good luck with the market!

Wooden cars (trains, planes, whatever) but what I'm looking forward to (and better get started on) is the hobby horses. Not just horses, tigers, dragons, whatever boys find popular. I can put my painting to good use, and cut out the shapes on the scroll saw.

And tops - and a game called bowl and ball, or something. Gobletty looking handle with a ball that fits into the gobletty end, joined with a string. I had someone come up to me at the last one and specifically ask, it was a memory from his childhood he wanted to share with his little one. Cute :)

Plus a little room for pens, because they are good for the big boys :)

thefixer
13th August 2009, 08:51 PM
Racecourse Rd at Hamilton (you know, the area where people have lots of money) They close off the road. It's on the 20th September, will I see you there? :)
And tops - and a game called bowl and ball, or something. Gobletty looking handle with a ball that fits into the gobletty end, joined with a string. I had someone come up to me at the last one and specifically ask, it was a memory from his childhood he wanted to share with his little one. Cute :)

Hi Eliza

It's called "ball in a cup" I made them for my kids. It keeps them amused for minutes:oo:

Cheers
Shorty