PDA

View Full Version : Gday all

shanesmith80
11th August 2009, 12:03 PM
Have spent many hours over the past few months reading many posts and blogs and thought I should add to them. Was a keen wood worker when I was younger and now settled and with a nice size garage of my own am keen to start again. As with many it seems my first project will be a workbench. Am sourcing my timber from Tile Importers which seems to be pretty well priced. Am using many different designs but mostly based on one I found in a book I found in the local library by Christopher Schwarz, Workbenches form design & Theory to Construction and Use. My first step will be to laminate the top which will hopefully doing this weekend. Am using 65 x 32 hardwood. After much research have found different glues being recommended. The main 2 are Titebond III and Techniglue. Am slightly leaning towards Techniglue as seams to be stronger but would prefer to use Titebond for ease of application. Further advice on this would be appreciated. I will try set up a blog showing the progress as I go along.

Thank you in advance for all the great information I'm sure I will receive and I hope I can provide some back at some time.

Cheers
Shane

watson
11th August 2009, 03:09 PM
G'day Shane & Welcome.
Would you like your thread moved right into the Workbench Forum, as I'm sure you'll get the answers you're looking for in there??

munruben
11th August 2009, 03:33 PM
Welcome to the forum Shane:2tsup:

shanesmith80
11th August 2009, 06:47 PM
If you could do that that would be great, thanks Noel

watson
11th August 2009, 06:52 PM
OK.......I'll do a bit of an edit so it will fit in there.
Back soon

watson
11th August 2009, 06:58 PM
Moved to workbenches