PDA

View Full Version : help with making something important

kattyd11
12th August 2009, 04:48 AM
Hi everybody,
I'm only new to this and need help. last week my father in law was in a hospice he hasn't got long left with us. But while we were there, there was a wooden thing hanging from the tree it was 12 pieces of wood joined together it was the outline of o cube shape but with some sides missing. When the the structure moved in the wind it appeared to change into different shapes including a star and 2 diamonds on top of 1 another. I just really want to know if anybody knows what it is and how to make it. this was a little chink of light to look at while he was in the hospice its means alot and i dont know where to turn to find ou this info. Hope somebody can help.

Thanks all.

artme
12th August 2009, 05:23 AM
G´day Katty and welcome to the forum.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Sorry to hear about your dad.

I have seen one of the things you describe, but only in passing and have no idea how to make one. I know that is of no help but at least it shows that others may have see the item.

kattyd11
12th August 2009, 07:06 AM
Thank you so much for the reply. As you said somebody might see this and know how to make it.

Enfield Guy
12th August 2009, 12:59 PM
Can you take a couple of pics of it and post on here?

AlexS
12th August 2009, 10:58 PM
Katty, have a look at my website, go into the gallery and click on the platonic boxes. Is one of these the shape the shape you meant? Let us know if it is.

kattyd11
13th August 2009, 01:15 AM
hi,

how do i look at your website do you have website address? Thanks for the reply. Also, will try and upload photos.

Katty

AlexS
13th August 2009, 09:31 AM
hi,

how do i look at your website do you have website address? Thanks for the reply. Also, will try and upload photos.

Katty

It's the address under 'Visit my website'. Just click on it.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
13th August 2009, 01:24 PM
I think Katty means a simple cubic frame? Like building a cube out of 12 matches, only on a larger scale?

Probably hung by one corner, so that as it turned you got a different isometric view of it. Simple enough to make, but difficult to make well... esp. if you mitre all the corner joints.