PDA

View Full Version : High Chair Plans

Mick4412
23rd July 2004, 11:36 AM
Any of you folks have a source for plans for a Baby's High Chair ? New grandchild ( our first ) is now sitting up, and a high chair would be a project which may net me some brownie points.
Thanks
mick4412

Sprog
26th July 2004, 01:21 PM
Go to
Plans Finder (http://www.woodworkingplanfinder.com/)
and enter high chair in the search field.

Mick4412
26th July 2004, 07:26 PM
Thanks Sprog,
Probably will fly by the seat of my pants on this one. Found the illustrations useful - only guessing with the heights/dimensions. But wanted to make one for my first grand-child.
Have decided that the seat platform will be 15cm below our table height of 78cm. Feeding tray will be some 20cm above seat platform, so that the H/Chair can slot into existing table. That way, the grand-child can sit at the table with the rest of the family.
Cheers
mick4412

jackiew
27th July 2004, 04:01 PM
don't forget to make the base wider than the top ... for stability ... don't want junior throwing himself backwards against the seat back while trying to avoid his pureed peas and toppling the whole thing backwards.

do think about the gap between tray and the seat base ... will the child be able to slide through the gap totally :eek: or worse slide through the gap and then end up with its head jammed and be hung by the neck :eek: :eek:

do think about putting somewhere to fix a baby harness to for when he or she is old enough to attempt to get to its knees/feet and dive off of the top.

the ways that a child can find to kill itself using a simple high chair seem to be numerous.

I did try to get the ISO standard for you - ISO 9221-1:1992 but no kind person seems to have copied it onto their web site and you have to pay for it.

Mick4412
27th July 2004, 06:57 PM
Thanks for your advice,
Will build it into the H/chair
mick4412

Digger2640
17th September 2005, 08:28 PM
Hey Mick,

I'm in the process of making a high chair based on an old one we have. If you like I could draw up the plans for you and post them here.