PDA

View Full Version : Unilift on a Festool CMS

GoGuppy
17th August 2009, 07:53 PM
G'day all, has anyone fitted a Unilift (or a Router Raizer for a cheaper solution) to a Festool CMS table (without using the Festool router insert)? I am reasonable sure it is possible, but rather than reinvent the wheel, someone may be able to assist? :?
Cheers

justinmcf
19th August 2009, 09:16 PM
goguppy, i see you have not had many responses!
i am also keen to know the answer to your question as i am a recent cms owner.
i think your question is an interesting one, maybe you should ask this on the festoolownersgroup.com website, as they have owners from all over the world. i think the european festool owners will be able to answer your question.

hope this helps,
regards, justin.

GoGuppy
20th August 2009, 10:59 PM
Hi Justin
Just followed yr suggestion and will advise any usable response.
Cheers

Reggie1000
10th September 2009, 09:20 PM
Guys,

Just read this thread and whilst I don't own a Festool table, I do own a Unilift fitted to a PWS table top. This is a fantastic gadget and more than worth the coin. I also have a wixey digital height gauge fitted, which turns my router into a precision (Japanese be scared) machine.

Hope this helps.

Reggie

GoGuppy
11th September 2009, 09:05 AM
Hi Reggie
Thanks for your comments.

I was thinking the price for the Festool insert alone was quite high and not sure that my Bosch router would fit, so thought that the Unilift solution would be the way to go. But the sales guy where I bought the CMS suggested that I bring in my router and then we could see if it would some how fit.:?

I have downloaded the manual for the Festool insert, which includes a lifting arrangement (made in Germany, not China!) and it actually looks pretty good. So if that works, I may just as well stick to the Festool insert.:D

Cheers