PDA

View Full Version : anyone got a woodsmith wood list?

tea lady
18th August 2009, 01:27 PM
What's 103? I've only got a little bit. Looks like it might do for a finial. I just wanted to know what it was. :)

Skew ChiDAMN!!
18th August 2009, 03:52 PM
Sonokeling/Rosewood

tea lady
18th August 2009, 08:07 PM
Sonokeling/RosewoodTa! :2tsup:

Looked it up, and it seems that it is suposed to be quite colourful. My little bit is only greyish-black. :shrug: Not as pretty as this lot.
http://img.alibaba.com/photo/10663294/Sonokeling_Flooring_Parquet.jpg

Skew ChiDAMN!!
18th August 2009, 08:38 PM
I've turned it before, as it's marked on my list :) and according to the same list I still have 5 pen-blank sized pieces of it. At least.

But I don't really remember it... my pieces can't be that fantastic either or it'd have stuck in the back of my mind. :rolleyes:

You know; the "Oh Wow! I really gotta turn some of that!" feeling.

RETIRED
18th August 2009, 09:23 PM
I've turned it before, as it's marked on my list :) and according to the same list I still have 5 pen-blank sized pieces of it. At least.

But I don't really remember it... my pieces can't be that fantastic either or it'd have stuck in the back of my mind. :rolleyes:

You know; the "Oh Wow! I really gotta turn some of that!" feeling.
You have a stock list?:o

Sawdust Maker
18th August 2009, 10:19 PM

Sounds like it but I bet he doesn't know where any of it is :doh:

tea lady
19th August 2009, 12:09 AM
Sounds like it but I bet he doesn't know where any of it is :doh:Pretty amazing he found the stock list.:D

Skew ChiDAMN!!
19th August 2009, 12:59 AM

Yup. Only of pen-blanks, though... that's where I started.

I'm beginning to wish I'd kept better track of my bigger blanks when I started drying my own though.

Sounds like it but I bet he doesn't know where any of it is :doh:

You lose. Pay up. They're in a tea-chest and a couple of boxes in the garage. (Was two tea-chests until the bum fell out of one while we were moving. :B) Of course, trying to find any particular blank in there is a different story...

Pretty amazing he found the stock list.:D

Easy. It was sitting on top of the tea-chest! I put it there t'other day when I found it in my chisel bucket while turning that winged thing. :;

rodent
19th August 2009, 01:48 AM
Yup. Only of pen-blanks, though... that's where I started.

I'm beginning to wish I'd kept better track of my bigger blanks when I started drying my own though.

You lose. Pay up. They're in a tea-chest and a couple of boxes in the garage. (Was two tea-chests until the bum fell out of one while we were moving. :B) Of course, trying to find any particular blank in there is a different story...

Easy. It was sitting on top of the tea-chest! I put it there t'other day when I found it in my chisel bucket while turning that winged thing. :;
Now lets be honest drew what else was hiding in that bucket? mnnn.:o