PDA

View Full Version : brianmary

brianmary
18th August 2009, 03:05 PM
have a hitachi tr12 need to find a speed controller as it is to fast doing dove tails
tried pauls k3087 in dick smiths catalouge doesn't come up on the computer will give them a ring any other help would be good brian

Batpig
18th August 2009, 09:33 PM
Dear Brian,

If you were fairly handy with a Soldering Iron, you could give the following Kit from Jaycar a go:
http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=KC5478&CATID=25&form=CAT&SUBCATID=588

Don't be tempted for the sake of a few bucks to try the cheaper Speed Control Kit that they also do; a few of us built them, and it's a "lemon" (and you can't take them back! Cunning...:()

Best Wishes,
Batpig.

brianmary
19th August 2009, 12:53 AM
batpig tried jaycar they like dicksmith don't stock them anymore they put me onto a company called altronics who has a wave motor speed controller kit for drills saws
jigsaw routers etc costs around $65.00 and you have to be handy with the soldering iron sound similar as yours thanks for your interest brian

The Bleeder
19th August 2009, 09:35 AM
Brian,

The kit KC-5478 is a bit hard to obtain. Try calling 1800 022 888 and they might be able to source one for you (they get it returned from a store and post it to you).

If they can't obtain one send me a PM as I have an extra one.

Wizened of Oz
22nd August 2009, 12:09 PM
have a hitachi tr12 need to find a speed controller as it is to fast doing dove tails

Why would it be too fast doing dovetails? You should only need lower speed if your bit was 25mm or more in diameter. Is your dovetail bit that size?
Would you like to describe the problem you are having and maybe get a real solution without the expense and inconvenience of a separate speed controller.