PDA

View Full Version : EDM wire cutting

Enfield Guy
19th August 2009, 09:26 AM
I have a design for a table pivot that I wish to have made out of stainless. One of the components would be best machined using EDM wire cutting ( so I'm told ). The initial batch size is just three however, if function and pricing is right then I would probably get them done in batches of 10 or so.

The item is 50mm s/s bar and I wish to have a slot machined into the end to accept a spigot which is 22mm x 10mm and 14mm deep. The spigot has a 2.5 deg taper on all sides.

What I am looking for is somebody in Brisbane who would be prepared to look at what I am tying to achieve and be able to undertake the work. I understand that it will not be cheap but I think I have a reasonable budget for the item.

Thanks in advance.
Bevan

new_guy90
20th August 2009, 12:01 PM
ok a drawing would be very nice for this............ just have to ask are you a professional looking at a production or are you wanting to make a few for your needs?

Enfield Guy
21st August 2009, 09:46 AM
PM sent

andrewvw
10th September 2009, 11:41 AM
are you still looking for someone to wire cut your parts ? if so I have wire cutting machines
and would be happy to look at your project
Andrewvw

Enfield Guy
10th September 2009, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the reply. I have found a toolmaker to do the work required. Costing an arm and a leg but hey good work costs money. I would be interested in talking about options for further production runs. I have only had three sets of the components made. 1 for the piece I am making, 1 for the gallery piece I will do and 1 for stock/ testing.

andrewvw
10th September 2009, 06:01 PM
no problem, glad you are able to get it sorted. if there is anything I can help you with in the future let me know. I do cnc machining, I've got a lathe, a 4 axis vmc, a 3 axis vmc and 2 wire cutters. You can ring me on 07 55430043 if you want to contact me directly.
cheers