PDA

View Full Version : Mixed up lyrics

Grumpy John
23rd August 2009, 08:31 PM
I saw this on spicks and specks the other night. Take some lyrics in English and convert them into Japanese, then convert them back to English. Anybody want to guess what these lyrics are?

It is inclined, but those which you think that we want, always obtain if occasionally you try, when those necessary you obtain perhaps you find exactly,

springwater
23rd August 2009, 08:39 PM
Maybe...You cant always get what you want
But if you try sometimes well you might find
You get what you need

Skew ChiDAMN!!
23rd August 2009, 08:39 PM
You can't always get what you want - R. Stones?

Grumpy John
23rd August 2009, 08:43 PM
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes, well you just might find
You get what you need

Springwater got in first. Actual text typed in to Babelfish was:

You cant always get what you want
But if you try sometimes, well you just might find
You get what you need

Have a go Springwater, hint don't use punctuation i.e. spell can't, cant. Babelfish gets confused.

springwater
23rd August 2009, 08:59 PM
Not so much a lyric to a song but you'll get the drift, hope it's not too obscure.
When the permission wins the glass, the snow of [harisun] which made that mountain, the old person of white of that similar hair it was; But that side, when that blood rises rather, to ride it is possible small amount

Grumpy John
23rd August 2009, 09:08 PM
Oh my god, what have I started :oo:?

springwater
23rd August 2009, 09:15 PM
...your not wrong, this could go anywhere, mines too hard isn't it ?

Grumpy John
23rd August 2009, 10:19 PM
mines too hard isn't it ?

Maybe :rolleyes:.

tea lady
23rd August 2009, 11:52 PM
Kinda reminds me of "man from snowy river". I have no idea why though.:hmm:

springwater
24th August 2009, 05:01 AM
Kinda reminds me of "man from snowy river". I have no idea why though.:hmm:

That's the one Tea Lady :2tsup:

Start of second verse:

There was Harrison, who made his pile when Pardon won the cup,
The old man with his hair as white as snow;
But few could ride beside him when his blood was fairly up -

(When the permission wins the glass, the snow of [harisun] which made that mountain, the old person of white of that similar hair it was; But that side, when that blood rises rather, to ride it is possible small amount)

tea lady
24th August 2009, 06:54 PM
That's the one Tea Lady :2tsup:

:doh: Jeez! Not like I know the peom or anything. Mow I gotta go and workk out how to use babble fish. And think of something to plug into it.:rolleyes: Back soon.:D

tea lady
24th August 2009, 07:02 PM
[hukurou] and the cat cat went into the sea of the boat of beautiful green color thin. Those took the honey, Sawayama's money wrapped with note of 5 pounds. At on you inspected [hukurou] in the star, sang in the small guitar. Oh beautiful cat. How, it is the beautiful cat or, Oh cat my love. The cat said [hukurou], the candy how sings beautifully, the eligent fowl.

Grumpy John
24th August 2009, 07:13 PM
Is this what you're trying to say?

The Owl and the Pussy-Cat went to sea
In a beautiful pea-green boat:
They took some honey,
and plenty of money
Wrapped up in a five-pound note.

The Owl looked up to the stars above,
And sang to a small guitar,
"O lovely Pussy, O Pussy, my love,
What a beautiful Pussy you are,
You are,
You are!
What a beautiful Pussy you are!"

Pussy said to the Owl, "You elegant fowl,
How charmingly sweet you sing!
Oh! let us be married;
too long we have tarried:
But what shall we do for a ring?"
They sailed away, for a year and a day,
To the land where the bong-tree grows;
And there in a wood a Piggy-wig stood,
With a ring at the end of his nose,
His nose,
His nose,
With a ring at the end of his nose.

"Dear Pig, are you willing to sell for one shilling
Your ring?" Said the Piggy, "I will."
So they took it away, and were married next day
By the Turkey who lives on the hill.
They dined on mince and slices of quince,
Which they ate with a runcible spoon;

And hand in hand on the edge of the sand
They danced by the light of the moon,
The moon,
The moon,
They danced by the light of the moon.

springwater
24th August 2009, 08:38 PM
Can someone tell me where "Sawayama's money wrapped with note of 5 pounds" come from :rolleyes::D

Grumpy John
24th August 2009, 09:06 PM
Can someone tell me where "Sawayama's money wrapped with note of 5 pounds" come from :rolleyes::D

With this one I think the translation from English to Japanese and back again makes almost as much sense as the original, assuming that I've picked the correct poem.
I have fond memories of my grandfather reciting this silly poem to me as a young child, I never did understand it but I always laughed at it. It makes more sense now when you read the seventh line in the third verse :rolleyes:.

springwater
24th August 2009, 10:37 PM
With this one I think the translation from English to Japanese and back again makes almost as much sense as the original, assuming that I've picked the correct poem.
I have fond memories of my grandfather reciting this silly poem to me as a young child, I never did understand it but I always laughed at it. It makes more sense now when you read the seventh line in the third verse :rolleyes:.

Apparently Sawayama was a castle in Japan that was overun and ruined so that makes sense in light of the seventh line in the third verse, I think :rolleyes:

tea lady
24th August 2009, 11:48 PM
Can someone tell me where "Sawayama's money wrapped with note of 5 pounds" come from :rolleyes::DI guess the poem wasn't that tricky. I just thought it was funny that Sarayama got dragged into the story somehow. Maybe he is Mr Plnty? :shrug:

Apparently Sawayama was a castle in Japan that was overun and ruined so that makes sense in light of the seventh line in the third verse, I think :rolleyes::D Can I bring my runcible spoon?

Grumpy John
25th August 2009, 08:41 AM
This is from a '70's song. Should be pretty easy.

The girl of the attention which uses the bad intention where it sits down in the bench of the park. Snot which is moving under that nose. The finger where the oil which it is accustomed to painting in ragged clothing is many.

tea lady
25th August 2009, 12:08 PM
:?:no::D Must be before my time.:rolleyes: sounds pretty cooky. :D

springwater
25th August 2009, 09:32 PM
This is from a '70's song. Should be pretty easy.

The girl of the attention which uses the bad intention where it sits down in the bench of the park. Snot which is moving under that nose. The finger where the oil which it is accustomed to painting in ragged clothing is many.

The Snot sentence has thrown me a bit :rolleyes: and what a line by the way, not confident, but I can't get past Black Hearted Women.

I guess the poem wasn't that tricky. I just thought it was funny that Sarayama got dragged into the story somehow. Maybe he is Mr Plnty? :shrug:

:D Can I bring my runcible spoon?

:D

Grumpy John
25th August 2009, 10:04 PM
The album this song is from was released in 1971. It's also the title of the album.

Grumpy John
26th August 2009, 08:32 AM
Sitting on a park bench,
Eyeing little girls with bad intent.
Snot running down his nose.
Greasy fingers smearing shabby clothes.

Sound familar?

tea lady
26th August 2009, 10:53 AM
Sitting on a park bench,
Snot running down his nose.

Sound familar?:no: Can you hum a few bars?:D

Grumpy John
26th August 2009, 08:25 PM
I'll go one better, here's the original.

YouTube - Jethro Tull - Aqualung (Live)

Sitting on a park bench,
Snot's running down his nose.
Hey, Aqualung
Drying in the cold sun.
Watching as the frilly panties run.
Hey, Aqualung
Feeling like a dead duck,
Spitting out pieces of his broken luck.
Woah, Aqualung.

Sun streaking cold
An old man wandering lonely.
Taking time the only way he knows.
Leg hurting bad,
As he bends to pick a dog end.
He goes down to the bog
And warms his feet.

Feeling alone,
The army's up the rode.
Salvation a la mode
And a cup of tea.
Aqualung, my friend
Don't you start away uneasy.
You poor old sot,
You see it's only me.

Do you still remember
A December's foggy freeze?
When the ice that clings on to your beard
It was screaming agony. (Hey!)
And you snatch your rattling last breaths,
With deep-sea diver sounds,
And the flowers bloom like madness in the spring.

Sun streaking cold
An old man wandering lonely.
Taking time the only way he knows.
Leg hurting bad,
as he bends to pick a dog end.
He goes down to the bog
And warms his feet.

Feeling alone,
The army's up the rode.
Salvation a la mode
And a cup of tea.
Aqualung, my friend
You poor old sot,
You see it's only me.
(Meee...)
(Woah-oh-oh...)

--- Guitar Break ---
Aqualung, my friend
You poor old sot,
You see it's only me.

Sitting on a park bench,
Snot's running down his nose.
Hey, Aqualung
Drying in the cold sun.
Watching as the frilly panties run.
Hey, Aqualung
Feeling like a dead duck,
Spitting out pieces of his broken luck.
Hey, Aqualung.

Woah-oh-oh, Aqualung...

springwater
26th August 2009, 09:15 PM
Wouldn't ever have got it GrumpyJohn, hope that's not too sacrilegious :D Would've preferred the humming version first also :D

Grumpy John
26th August 2009, 09:23 PM
That's OK mate, here's another one for you. Came out in '87, huge hit for an Aussie band.

It is not possible I collided from us separated never to pull, two worlds which there where it stands are and those to tear,

springwater
26th August 2009, 10:28 PM
Two worlds colliding has got to be INXS Never Tear Us Apart, I think :rolleyes:

Grumpy John
26th August 2009, 10:44 PM
Your go mate :D.

I was standing
You were there
Two worlds collided
And they could never tear us apart

springwater
26th August 2009, 11:31 PM
Thanks for going easy GrumpyJohn, here you go, home bred, Australian group formed 1977, on their second album:

I the man pupil passing by the field of stick, tin and the lumber which returning to the house the recall are done and the rain of the residue which falls to the house of the sky occasionally

tea lady
26th August 2009, 11:46 PM
I don't think I can play this game.:C I never had that many records. And you'll never get the opera and choir lyrics that I DO have.:doh:

springwater
27th August 2009, 12:01 AM
yeah I'm struggling too, most modern (you know, last 50 years) music was inaudible, so I'm better at humming :D

tea lady
27th August 2009, 12:03 AM
yeah I'm struggling too, most modern (you know, last 50 years) music was inaudible, so I'm better at humming :Dyeah! You only know the lyrics if you've studied the record cover.:rolleyes:

springwater
27th August 2009, 12:08 AM
yeah! You only know the lyrics if you've studied the record cover.:rolleyes:

yeah but then you found the lyrics didn't make any sense anyway :rolleyes:

Grumpy John
27th August 2009, 08:49 AM
For some reason I'm thinking of Great Southern Land (Icehouse), prolly wrong.

springwater
27th August 2009, 07:38 PM
For some reason I'm thinking of Great Southern Land (Icehouse), prolly wrong.

A quote from the writer who is sadly no longer with us (well in body anyway) may help with direction:

I wrote (the song) to please my mother. She hasn't heard it yet because my mother and stepfather live (on a cattle station) and they can't get 240 volts electricity there, so I have to sing it over the phone to her [...] I don't like the word nostalgic; to me, it's a sloppy yearning for the past, and I'm not trying to do that in that song. I'm just trying to put three vignettes of a person, who's a lot like myself, growing up in Queensland, and just juxtaposing that against how I am now.

Grumpy John
27th August 2009, 08:23 PM
Cattle and Cane, by The Go-Betweens. A truly under appreciated band.

I recall a schoolboy coming home
Through fields of cane
To a house of tin and timber
And in the sky
A rain of falling cinders
From time to time

springwater
27th August 2009, 09:02 PM
Cattle and Cane, by The Go-Betweens. A truly under appreciated band.

I recall a schoolboy coming home
Through fields of cane
To a house of tin and timber
And in the sky
A rain of falling cinders
From time to time

It would have been a give away if I hummed the intro to that one :rolleyes: Well done GrumpyJohn, I went back to compare again and thought it a lot harder than I first imagined it would be, sorry about that. They were very quite, no hoopla. I still recall where I was when I first heard their music for some reason.

Grumpy John
27th August 2009, 09:15 PM
I must admit that the only way I got it was trolling the Oz music web sites for late 70's bands, hence the Icehouse guess. I thought of the Go Betweens but didn't know their songs well enough. It was the quote that gave it awau, I remembered reading it whilst looking at a Wiki article about them, they deserved a lot more success than came their way.
Anyway on with the game, another Aussie band from the '70's. I think it's easy, but then I know the answer :rolleyes: :D.

I look at your surface once more, it has gone? The transport where the car and the taxi of the street-car like the wax passed me and always moved the girl it is young can be used, but is none of those

springwater
27th August 2009, 10:46 PM
I must admit that the only way I got it was trolling the Oz music web sites for late 70's bands, hence the Icehouse guess. I thought of the Go Betweens but didn't know their songs well enough. It was the quote that gave it awau, I remembered reading it whilst looking at a Wiki article about them, they deserved a lot more success than came their way.
Anyway on with the game, another Aussie band from the '70's. I think it's easy, but then I know the answer :rolleyes: :D.

I look at your surface once more, it has gone? The transport where the car and the taxi of the street-car like the wax passed me and always moved the girl it is young can be used, but is none of those

Easy, oh yeah!, I'm sleeping on it...then I'll look at the surface once more...see if its still there :cool:

tea lady
28th August 2009, 12:09 PM
:C:no:

Grumpy John
28th August 2009, 03:24 PM
An "angel" like you should be able to work that one out TL. I'm sure you sang the refrain on more than one occasion :rolleyes:.

tea lady
28th August 2009, 06:13 PM
An "angel" like you should be able to work that one out TL. I'm sure you sang the refrain on more than one occasion :rolleyes:.
I was more into punk and alternative stuff. But I'm not good at trivia about that either.:rolleyes:

Grumpy John
28th August 2009, 09:07 PM
:C:no:

No way, you say. Get f%#%, you say. F#$$ off, you say.

springwater
28th August 2009, 10:16 PM

An ex-Collingwood punk ceramicist woodturning angel :whatonearth: rare as :D

It got all religious, I was thinking Saints, then Angel's appeared :rolleyes:

Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again

"Trams cars and taxis, like a wax-works on the move
carrying young girls past me, but none of them are you"

Grumpy John
28th August 2009, 11:02 PM
Your go springwater :).

springwater
30th August 2009, 12:48 AM
American TV program theme song:

Everyone whom as for them the electric light, you him see from the smart, are is faster and him the foot fin and the foot fin and, telephones, and, we the foot fin, knowing the life of the world of wonder sufficiently, fly under that under the sea!

tea lady
30th August 2009, 01:26 AM
American TV program theme song:

Everyone whom as for them the electric light, you him see from the smart, are is faster and him the foot fin and the foot fin and, telephones, and, we the foot fin, knowing the life of the world of wonder sufficiently, fly under that under the sea!
Flipper?:D

Grumpy John
30th August 2009, 08:08 AM

Tea Lady, you obviously spent too much time in front if the tellie and not enough time down the pub singing along with the Angels :D :rolleyes:.

springwater
30th August 2009, 11:07 AM

Commonly known in Japan as Foot fin :D

tea lady
30th August 2009, 11:28 AM
Jut to show I didn't wathc telly ALL the time. :D This guy's lyrics are out there to start with.:cool:

Your pants and white 踏 spade hangin' of fire; The liar of the liar whom it has; Telephone wire, as for speculator dotted line and you' Paralleling, you re-appraise; As for ll heartattack and you yourself of the crane who are not verified under any condition. The thief of the person of the doctor attorney saw [ji] coming, philly the jaw it should be surprised with the circumstances which are not believed if you think that at first glance, we want the taste of insanity, you' As for ll you' Lining up, you must wait; ll observes at that you know with heartattack and the crane perhaps someone. boney' With white of shorty ceramic ware as for high s flat tire and don' You found; t ain' You have known there; t demon it is not, there' Exactly he' in the God case of s; S which was drunk the healthy these raw materials perhaps, let' You kill; What which says that you lower s to me with heartattack and the crane meet, another line is done. Meet to the girl the Jersey on see-through where the auxiliary locomotive of sale step has been attached that it is small, with phosphate inhaling, as for well me she' You bet; Still, but the s virgin it' s 25 ' Just; Up to 9, ' It can look at 1,000,000; heartattack and em of crane. Rather than, crawling under cahuenga, in Iowa to either one vis-a-vis your 炒 egg the foot of the group which is broken, you' As for ll your ignorance happy all goddamn time, your' So the fact that it is found; Re-waitin' Because of heartattack and rtd of crane.

springwater
30th August 2009, 06:26 PM
whoah what a doooozy :rolleyes: a wild guess, Leonard Cohen :D

tea lady
30th August 2009, 06:32 PM
whoah what a doooozy :rolleyes: a wild guess, Leonard Cohen :DNo! Slightly more gravely voice. If that is possible.:D

springwater
30th August 2009, 06:46 PM
YouTube - Tom Waits - Heart Attack and Vine

Goota go up the shed before dark falls...

tea lady
30th August 2009, 06:51 PM
:D See. Wasn't that hard was it. :p

springwater
30th August 2009, 09:17 PM
It took two to write this one, one of my favs:
As for circular people of gather me you' The fact that you say was permitted; As for Vestey which has the person of main opposite side of story Vestey and Vincent Lingiarri England whose 8 years of power and pride are long in regard to the story in the opposite direction as for the beef which is the money and the muscle and fat quality Vincent which is that door which is wide that business it tilted, as for large thing you are brought up from the small thing where as for large thing you are brought up from the small thing where he whom just you spoke a little did not do the bank balance, that floor possession which is the hard earth

Grumpy John
30th August 2009, 10:30 PM
The only song I know with the word Vesty in it is, From Little Things Big Things Grow by Paul Kelly.

springwater
30th August 2009, 10:42 PM
Not sure if you'll get this GrumpyJohn as the WWforum's gone hay wire, things missing, needing a metre wide screen to read some of the posts, can't post new thread because the buttons missing etc. Is the world ending? :rolleyes: If it is, be safe in the knowledge that From Little Things Big Things Grow is the only song ever to be written with Vesty in it :D

Grumpy John
30th August 2009, 10:57 PM
Yes, things have gone haywire. It's prolly been caused by this (http://www.renovateforum.com/showthread.php?t=77395) s#!tstorm going on over at the renovators forum :D.
I'll post a new puzzle when the dust settles :2tsup:.

springwater
30th August 2009, 11:38 PM
:oo: Not much better there, your female and your wearing a turban :D

tea lady
31st August 2009, 12:29 AM
Yes, things have gone haywire. It's prolly been caused by this (http://www.renovateforum.com/showthread.php?t=77395) s#!tstorm going on over at the renovators forum :D.
I'll post a new puzzle when the dust settles :2tsup:.
Jeez! They're really going at it aren't they.:rolleyes::D So what are you doing about the sparkie?:D

Grumpy John
31st August 2009, 02:27 PM
Another Aussie classic.

We who are heard concerning the reformation motion which is large to the well and are ran to some 1,000,000, but no one received the salary, because of the saintly cup which it could obtain, as for us four corners of the earth increased

springwater
31st August 2009, 08:54 PM
Another Aussie classic.

We who are heard concerning the reformation motion which is large to the well and are ran to some 1,000,000, but no one received the salary, because of the saintly cup which it could obtain, as for us four corners of the earth increased

That Black and White blood starting to rise GrumpyJohn?

Hunters & Collectors Holy Grail

Bud have you heard of the Great Crusade?
We ran into millions, and nobody got paid
Yeah, we razed four corners of the globe,
For the Holy Grail.

It's all about football:

I' With the hill which in M.C.G. is seen in the bridge high m. And you call 11 degrees clocks of the highest methodological silo

Grumpy John
31st August 2009, 10:16 PM
Leaps and Bounds, another Paul Kelly classic

I'm high on the hill
Looking over the bridge
To the M.C.G.
And way up on high
The clock on the silo
Says eleven degrees

I remember I remember
I'm breathing today
The month of May
All the burning leaves
I'm not hearing a sound
My feet don't even
Touch the ground

I remember I remember
I go leaps and bounds
Down past the river
And across the playing fields
The fields all empty
Only for the burning leaves

I remember I remember
I go leaps and bounds
I remember everything

Back to the early seventies now.

With that, I stand with next door of the mountain raise in salary of the power where I where and I lower that with the edge of my hand and chop up take all parts, make the island the small sand

springwater
1st September 2009, 08:23 PM
:hmm: My thinking gear's ground to a halt.

Grumpy John
4th September 2009, 04:20 PM
WELL, I STAND UP NEXT TO A MOUNTAIN
AND I CHOP IT DOWN WITH THE EDGE OF MY HAND
WELL, I PICK UP ALL THE PIECES AND MAKE AN ISLAND
MIGHT EVEN RAISE A LITTLE SAND

Looking at it the original lyrics don't make much sense either :rolleyes:.

springwater
4th September 2009, 10:04 PM
WELL, I STAND UP NEXT TO A MOUNTAIN
AND I CHOP IT DOWN WITH THE EDGE OF MY HAND
WELL, I PICK UP ALL THE PIECES AND MAKE AN ISLAND
MIGHT EVEN RAISE A LITTLE SAND

Looking at it the original lyrics don't make much sense either :rolleyes:.

I suppose to a witch doctor like Jimi Hendrix they meant something, perhaps a bad childhood made the wild man. I wonder how he would have expressed it without an electric guitar. Voodoo Child