PDA

View Full Version : EEE-Ultra Shine SPECIAL OFFER

ubeaut
25th August 2009, 10:23 AM
This is blatant advertising without an apology.

I have 3 x 5 litre tins of EEE available that I need to get rid of. Nothing wrong with them. But I want them gone.

I'm not giving them away, but almost as good. :o LOOK HERE (http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?p=1021547#post1021547)

Cheers - Neil :U

Ozkaban
25th August 2009, 11:50 AM
Sounds good, but how long is the shelf life of them once opened? Would it reach 12 months or even more?

I don't get through a lot of it and 5 litres would last me longer than I'm gonna be woodturning :D but if it lasts a fair while, then it would be worth a group effort and sharing it out.

Cheers,
Dave

Pat
25th August 2009, 01:33 PM
Dave, personally I have had a little pot open for the last 3 years, kept in the fridge and it's still good.

It's kept in the fridge along with the Silvergluide, Trad wax and Shellawax as the fridge is next to the lathe. It's probably the wrong thing for the Shellawax but I take it our ten minutes before I need to use it, give it a shake ans away we go :U

wheelinround
25th August 2009, 02:27 PM
Any Sydney siders want to share in 5lts see here (http://www.woodworkforums.com./showthread.php?t=103314)

Ozkaban
25th August 2009, 02:39 PM
Dave, personally I have had a little pot open for the last 3 years, kept in the fridge and it's still good.

It's kept in the fridge along with the Silvergluide, Trad wax and Shellawax as the fridge is next to the lathe. It's probably the wrong thing for the Shellawax but I take it our ten minutes before I need to use it, give it a shake ans away we go :U

Thanks Pat.

Any Sydney siders want to share in 5lts see here (http://www.woodworkforums.com./showthread.php?t=103314)

Have done so Ray.

Cheers,
Dave

wheelinround
25th August 2009, 02:49 PM
Thanks Pat.

Have done so Ray.

Cheers,
Dave

If you need a shed fridge I have one going FOC

Ozkaban
25th August 2009, 02:56 PM
same issue as always - not enough room!

Will just have to slide the olives and pickles over a smidge in the fridge inside. So long as my 2 year old doesn't think it's peanut butter :oo: she loves the stuff!

Cheers,
Dave

ubeaut
25th August 2009, 03:29 PM
Relatively indefinite shelf life in the tin with the lid firmly in place. Less in the plastic jars as the turpentine can leach out of the plastic over time but still a good number of years if jar lid is kept screwed down tightly.

Can be easily revived (if it goes hard) with a little heat and extra turpentine.

PS As at 2:28 I only have 1 tin left first one the phone 03 5221 8775 can have it.

wheelinround
25th August 2009, 05:30 PM
Relatively indefinite shelf life in the tin with the lid firmly in place. Less in the plastic jars as the turpentine can leach out of the plastic over time but still a good number of years if jar lid is kept screwed down tightly.

Can be easily revived (if it goes hard) with a little heat and extra turpentine.

PS As at 2:28 I only have 1 tin left first one the phone 03 5221 8775 can have it.

Thanks Neil so Tin or glass jar is best .........LOML isn't going to like me pinching her preservative jars :U

rodent
25th August 2009, 10:53 PM
Thanks Neil so Tin or glass jar is best .........LOML isn't going to like me pinching her preservative jars :U
You love life ( NOT ) get some glass locking jars from the reject or $2 shops it's safer :D .

ElizaLeahy
26th August 2009, 09:59 AM
Gets hard, leave it in the hot aussie sun for a little while, that makes it nice and runny!

Every day mine goes through the cycle... poor stuff :(