PDA

View Full Version : EEE sale for Sydneyites

hughie
25th August 2009, 01:19 PM
I just bought 5L of the EEE at the sale price of $160 and if any body would care take a some let me know as I only need about a litre . Theres 2.5 litres left,price is cost plus shipping from Melbourne and of course if you don't want to pick it up theres some postage etc there as well

Roughly speaking its about $35 per litre, smallest quantity would 1/2 litre at around $17.50. But will have a definite price when it arrive in a few days.

Ozkaban
25th August 2009, 02:36 PM
Hi Hughie,

Put me down for a litre. PM me with details on how to pay.

Cheers,
Dave

Drillit
25th August 2009, 04:13 PM
Dave,
Do you want to share - 1/2 litre. It lasts forever. Could make similar arrangement as before with scraper? Thanks for considering. John M.:)

Ozkaban
25th August 2009, 04:43 PM
Hi John,

Happy to combine orders - can make it total 1.5l if that's OK with you. I can have it shipped to me and drop your lot of as before.

Cheers,
Dave

GoGuppy
25th August 2009, 07:44 PM
Hughie

I'll take half a litre, I'll send you a PM.

Cheers

stevew
25th August 2009, 08:30 PM
Put me down for 1 Litre ,
Give me a PM and let me know how much I owe ,(including postage to Newcastle)
Cheers.
Steve

wheelinround
25th August 2009, 08:36 PM
Hey Hughie your over quota

Guys I think Hughie won't be back on till tomorrow morning and it looks like all 2.5 have been taken.

So hold off until he returns.

hughie
26th August 2009, 10:06 AM
Guys it all gone and then some. I ran it on first come first served basis and ran out real fast.

Stevew would you mind taking .5 litre instead of 1.0 litre I ran out and have only .5 left

As it stands

Pat 1.0 litre
Wheelin .5 litre
Ozkaban 1.0 litre
Drillit .5litre
GoGuppy .5litre
Stevew .5 litre
hughie 1.0 litre I am sharing mine with a neighbour..shoulda bought two lots :C

When it arrives will work out final costs, postage etc Payment we can do direct deposit into my account

Ozkaban
26th August 2009, 10:54 AM
Thanks Hughie,

I'm happy to reduce my order down to 0.5l if there are any real dramas. Would prefer the 1l though.

Let me know how it all goes.

cheers,
Dave

stevew
26th August 2009, 11:01 AM
Thanks Hughie,

Half litre will be fine with me .
Thanks again for the offer .
Cheers.

Steve

P.S. Let me know what the bill is and I will settle up .

hughie
26th August 2009, 02:47 PM
Ozkaban. Stevew,

You both very gracious, much appreciated. So we will leave as it stands unless some one pulls out.

cheers guys :2tsup:

wheelinround
26th August 2009, 04:36 PM
I'm staying in

GoGuppy
26th August 2009, 07:09 PM
I'm still in..:2tsup:
Cheers

hughie
31st August 2009, 12:04 PM
OK its arrived and its semi solid so it ain't gonna pour real well. So I have weighed it and so we can divided it by weight. luckily its 5litres weighs 5kg. :2tsup: So I will hunt around for some containers and get it all under way.

I could melt it down and pour it out, not sure if a remelt would effect the quality or not.

eisbaer
31st August 2009, 12:59 PM
for what it's worth hughie, my eee has melted in the container and resolidified a few times because of the weather and it seems ok.

Ozkaban
31st August 2009, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the update Hughie.

Let me know how much the 1kg lot is going to be and I'll pay asap.

Cheers,
Dave

wheelinround
31st August 2009, 02:06 PM
Hughie TY

I have some plastic containers approx 1kg

and glass jars approx 500g

call in here and I can help spoon it out the containers all have wide mouths.

hughie
31st August 2009, 02:11 PM
Ok something I forgot, who wants it posted out? Pm me your addresses. I managed to score some el cheapo plastic containers from Cole's will bundle them up for pre-paid satchels. This about the cheapest way to post anything these days.

But will post charges before asking for any $ so there are no surprises.

wheelinround
31st August 2009, 02:15 PM
Ok something I forgot, who wants it posted out? Pm me your addresses. I managed to score some el cheapo plastic containers from Cole's will bundle them up for pre-paid satchels. This about the cheapest way to post anything these days.

But will post charges before asking for any $ so there are no surprises.

:doh: Did ya read my post first :~:no::roll:

Post mine Hughie :p yah or do you prefer I wheel round and pick it up:;

hughie
31st August 2009, 02:18 PM
:U watch out for the hill Wheelin. Thought 'bout glass jars but they gotta go in a box and thats more for postage. Yep read yours after the event.

wheelinround
31st August 2009, 02:20 PM
:U watch out for the hill Wheelin. Thought 'bout glass jars but they gotta go in a box and thats more for postage. Yep read yours after the event.

But you rang and asked if I had containers said I did and ya still go buying more :roll:

Must be hard typing and pouring goop at the same time Hughie

hughie
31st August 2009, 02:24 PM
yeah, I know SWMBO wanted some for other stuff....never mind will drop yours off Tuesday gotta mind the littlees till I go to work.

sigh........ hijacked my own thread :doh:

wheelinround
31st August 2009, 02:29 PM
ok see you then

Pat
31st August 2009, 09:24 PM
Hughie, could you please drop mine of at Ray's as well. I'll conspire to turn up there one day:U

Let us know the cost and I'll transfer the funds.

Hey Ray, you got room for a bucket of goop?:q

Ozkaban
31st August 2009, 09:35 PM
Hi Hughie,

Please post mine out. I'll pm you my address.

Cheers,
Dave

wheelinround
31st August 2009, 09:42 PM
Hughie, could you please drop mine of at Ray's as well. I'll conspire to turn up there one day:U

Let us know the cost and I'll transfer the funds.

Hey Ray, you got room for a bucket of goop?:q

Knowing you you'll be after more Jar's of Conserve as well.:q Thats me Goop storage extrordoneir:2tsup:

Oh while your at transferring $$$ I'll take some as well 5 figures will do thats at least one whole numeral the rest can be zeros after it to the right.:U

Consider it done Pat:;

ubeaut
31st August 2009, 11:26 PM
OK its arrived and its semi solid so it ain't gonna pour real well. So I have weighed it and so we can divided it by weight. luckily its 5litres weighs 5kg. :2tsup: So I will hunt around for some containers and get it all under way.

I could melt it down and pour it out, not sure if a remelt would effect the quality or not.

Don't melt it. :o Spoon it into containers. It's supposed to be a semi solid.

hughie
1st September 2009, 09:26 AM
Don't melt it. :o Spoon it into containers. It's supposed to be a semi solid.

Yeah I figured that would be the case, as I suspected the Tripoli etc would be in suspension and melting would have it sink.Not too mention of any other chemical reaction/degradation due to reheating might occur.

wheelinround
1st September 2009, 02:22 PM
Got mine & Pats :2tsup: Thanks Hughie

Of course thanks to Neil for a top deal:2tsup:

Ozkaban
4th September 2009, 11:51 AM
Hi Hughie,

Got the parcel last night. Thanks!

Did you receive the payment OK?

Cheers,
Dave

hughie
4th September 2009, 02:19 PM
All done and dusted Dave. :2tsup:

polish on :U

stevew
9th September 2009, 12:46 PM
Thanks Hughie,
Got mine off the postie at 1000hrs.
Had a piece on the lathe waiting to be attacked with EEE.
This batch seems a lot lighter in colour and does not have the aromatic smell of my other container,seems like the grit is finer as well.???
Might vary from batch to batch or the recipe might have changed lately to add the aromatic smells.
Sure does exactly the same job on the timber though.
Cheers for now and thanks for your trouble.
Steve

stevew
9th September 2009, 08:34 PM
Come on Mr U-Beaut.
Whats changed ...I used to love the lingering smell that was in the workshop when I used the EEE
...Come on now ...fess up ..has something changed with the recipe that we wont get again???
OR...Did we get the the one that was superceeded by the the U-Beaut good smelling one..
Looking forward to your reply.
Cheers for now
steve

ubeaut
10th September 2009, 02:17 AM
Your old one must have been a REALLY OLD ONE as I haven't put a fragrance oil in it for well over 2 years. Mostly because it could effect the final finish. Most of the lingering smell will come from Shellawax which has either Sandalwood or Boronia oil in it, depending on which of the drums has some left in it.

The grit is the same, the amounts are the same, the colour has changes and often does. Tripoli (the abrasive in EEE) is a natural stone that can be anything from pale cream right through to a deep ruby red. It can also be a light grey through to a light tan colour.

Ours is usually in the pale cream, to light tan range.

Hope this answers all your questions for you.

Cheers - Neil :U