PDA

View Full Version : Arrrived

Mrs Woodpecker
30th August 2009, 12:02 PM
We have now arrived in Gympie. Many tears on leaving good friends, but we know we have made the right move. Being close to family is important. Don had a shoulder re-construction 3 days before the move which added to the drama, but he is on the mend. Will be strapped up for another 5 weeks. I literally had a back-seat driver for the trip down fron Yeppoon. Because it was his left shoulder, he had to sit in the back seat. He was very good though - didn't say anything bad about my driving on the way down. We don't move into our own home till the end of October. Our shed builder is doing an inspection on Wednesday. Can't wait to get to my lathe again.
Cheers to you all.,Shirley

Ed Reiss
30th August 2009, 01:05 PM
Hi Shirley,

Don't know you except through the forum...wishing you and Don a great adventure in your new home, and lots of new friends there.

A speedy recovery to Don.

munruben
30th August 2009, 02:16 PM
All the best for you and your hubby in the future. Hope the best is yet to come for both of you. :2tsup:

Gil Jones
30th August 2009, 02:36 PM
Hey Shirley, Happy Days to you and Don, and glad your move went well.
Hope the shoulder heals soon.

Texian
30th August 2009, 04:09 PM
And some more best wishes for y'all. Expecting it will all come right.

TTIT
30th August 2009, 04:48 PM
CQ's loss :C. Make sure that lathe is above the flood-line Shirley - we all know what Gympie's like in the wet :;

Mrs Woodpecker
30th August 2009, 05:28 PM
Yes, Vern, definitely above the fllod line. We have lived here before so know the perils. We were very sorry to leave CQ, but left knowing we will see most of our friends again, and of course, the door is always open to visitors.
Many thanks for your wishes.
Don is doing quite well.
Shirley

artme
31st August 2009, 03:05 AM
Good to hear things are going well Shirley!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: Was wondering about you and Don. Glad to hear he's on the mend.

That shed is most important! Fill it with good tools, good timber and good cheer.

Mrs Woodpecker
31st August 2009, 05:49 PM
Great to hear from you Artme. What is the weather like where you are? Do hope you and Ana are both keeping well.
Cheers, Shirley