PDA

View Full Version : Second oval low profile bowl

Ad de Crom
2nd September 2009, 01:21 AM
This second bowl is made of alder, had a nice flat piece of alder which was just fine.
The dimensions: 235x200mm, height 35mm.
Cheers, Ad

Gil Jones
2nd September 2009, 04:34 AM
Hi Ad,
I like your oval turning!! :2tsup:
It must be interesting to turn with the wood oscillating around.

artme
2nd September 2009, 06:28 AM
Nice Ad1:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

I like the look of Alder.

Ed Reiss
2nd September 2009, 11:48 AM
another winner Ad :2tsup:

ElizaLeahy
2nd September 2009, 02:03 PM
Call me dense, I don't get how you do this! :)

tea lady
2nd September 2009, 02:57 PM
Call me dense, I don't get how you do this! :)
He's got a contraption.:cool:

wheelinround
2nd September 2009, 05:18 PM
Ad like like it :2tsup:

Ed Reiss
3rd September 2009, 12:09 PM
He's got a contraption.:cool:

...and knows how to use it :;

Farnk
3rd September 2009, 04:11 PM
Nice work!
Form and figure work well together!

Texian
4th September 2009, 12:32 PM
Ad,
Another beauty! My sweetie has informed me that she would like some oval bowls or dishes, just when I was getting fairly good at making round ones. Are there detailed plans available on line for making the "contraption"? Would have to make it cause I sure can not afford to buy it.

Ad de Crom
4th September 2009, 05:24 PM
Ad,
Another beauty! My sweetie has informed me that she would like some oval bowls or dishes, just when I was getting fairly good at making round ones. Are there detailed plans available on line for making the "contraption"? Would have to make it cause I sure can not afford to buy it.
Texian, there is not much to find about this issue on the internet, but I saw a video of David Springett showing his device. His idea is as simple as it can be.
So I used more or less his idea to build my own device.
I have the design of the device on my computer, if you like it to get it, I'll send it to you. I don't know if you are an autocad user, so you can open it with autocad.
Another way is to send you a picture of the design, with a description. Let me know.
Ad

Texian
5th September 2009, 12:00 AM
I have the design of the device on my computer, if you like it to get it, I'll send it to you. I don't know if you are an autocad user, so you can open it with autocad.
Another way is to send you a picture of the design, with a description. Let me know.
Ad

Thanks Ad. I do not have autocad, but if you could email me pictures of the design and description that would be great. Just out of idle curiousity I tried to find the price of the Vicmarc device but nobody seems to have it on line. It probably costs more than my lathe. Anyone know?