PDA

View Full Version : Short Stack Monster Poster

Pages : [1] 2

pawnhead
2nd September 2009, 11:14 AM
Well I couldn't get hold of a decent poster, so I decided to make my own;

Here's a panorama of my family room floor. Just four images stitched together this time, taken with an Olympus FE-170.

Scanned from an A2 Short Stack Sway Sway Baby poster in four pieces, using Canon Deskjet F2235.

Stitched and blended manually giving a final image of 3660px 2800px.

Manually sliced up into over 200 frames.

Printed with Canon Deskjet F2235 using Kodak photo paper.

Laminated with Officeworks A4 laminator.

Stitched with Sellotape.

:)(

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/holgerdanske/Short_Stack_Stitch_Poster.jpg

:surprise:

At 3980mm (13 feet) wide, X 3000mm (10 feet) high, plus the under-hanging signature (yet to be finished), It's tailor made for the front of my house. As you can see, I'm running out of room in my family room floor. At only 3.2 metres wide, it's not quite big enough for the finished product.

A hard copy's always better than a jpeg file.
And the bigger the better. :rofl:

Master Splinter
2nd September 2009, 08:42 PM
Geez, anyone would think you are related or something, after that amount of effort.

Now, where are you going to put it - I don't think you'll have a wall big enough for it!

BobL
2nd September 2009, 11:57 PM
We did this a couple of years back for a guys birthday party - took bloody ages and he didn't seem that impressed by it.

pawnhead
3rd September 2009, 01:18 AM
It's taken a couple of days, with very little sleep, but It's not finished yet. I'll paint the garage black so it blends in with the bottom. I'll make a title "SHORT STACK" for up top on the fascia board. I'll extend the fingers of Andy's left hand so they're complete (I'll have to make something up since they were cut off in the original poster that this is scanned from), and I might even cut out the hand in the centre, and make up an arm to stick it on. It will stick out from the poster giving a 3D effect. ;)
I'll be seeing them at the Mall on Saturday, so perhaps this will convince them all to pay me a visit. Probably the only way I can get Andy to visit me nowadays. :D
I was planning on taking it down to the main artery at peak hour, and dance around with my Ape for a while, but Andy nixed that idea. I suppose he doesn't want to be known as the son of a crazy old coot. :p He didn't even want me to put it up on my house. He said that my place would get egged. I couldn't care less if they did though. The more publicity the better. The last few days, I've been a one man promotion team, sticking tons of posters up high on telegraph poles from my extension ladder. I've been slipping them between the glass of bus stop notice boards. You can't get them out without a key. :q . There's Apestack (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/holgerdanske/Apestack-Poster-1.jpg) (my gorilla that I bought at Vinnies op-shop ten years ago, photoshopped into frames taken from Short Stack video clips) stickers (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/holgerdanske/apestackguitarsmall.jpg) popping up all over the place, from here to Manly, and along Manly Corso. The Manly Daily interviewed Andy last night after I stuck a poster on their window, with shots of Andy at Balgowlah North Public School (He went there when he was living with me for a while). They didn't know where it all came from. :U

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/8471/shortstackmegaposter.jpg

Now go out and buy the album.

"Stack Is The New Black"

It's awesome!,
and it's epoxy glued into my cd drive, playing on repeat. :2tsup:

Edit: Notice that stick of timber screwed along the bottom of the garage door . My fold out ladder wasn't big enough, so I propped the tilt-a-door open and screwed the timber on top of the rotten old plywood, to support the ladder. As my old man used to say "There's no such thing as problems. Only solutions" ;)

Edit: I just noticed your comment Bob. That's a bummer he didn't appreciate it much. I had a lot of fun making this one, and it's getting appreciated already. The neighbours had a good laugh, and a dozen yahoos came strolling down the road with grog in their hands (A very quiet street normally), and recognised them straight away. I don't know what my good neighbour 'Dave' from directly across the street will say when he heads off to work. My son's ten foot tall, staring straight at his house. :D
After posting it publicly on Facebook, I'm getting swamped by friend requests. I won't friend randoms though. I like my peace and quiet. Now why did I put that poster up again. :doh: :U

BobL
3rd September 2009, 10:23 AM
Good job - how long do you think the inks will last outside?

pawnhead
3rd September 2009, 10:38 AM
It's all laminated past the edges of the photo-paper, and the upper layers overlap the ones underneath so it should be able to stand a bit of rain. But it faces almost due west so it gets a bit of arvo sun, and of course UV exposure will crack and peel the lamination, and the ink will fade after a while. :oo:

I don't know how long it will last, but hopefully long enough to get me some attention. :q

I still reckon it would be cool to take it down to the main artery here, and show it off during peak hour traffic. :;

katrinawebb
3rd September 2009, 02:13 PM
this is amazing!
i wish you were my neighbour sir :)
greaaaaaat work! :2tsup:

pawnhead
3rd September 2009, 02:36 PM
Thanks for that katrinawebb. :2tsup:

Are you any relation to Brady :? :roflmao2:

:aussie5:

Hey, there's no Denmark flag there?
I'll have to find one for you guys.:wink:

Edit; This Viking one's cool though

:viking:

katrinawebb
3rd September 2009, 02:42 PM
haha! i wish i was related to bradie
and you spelt his name wrong ha!
great step dad you are :pointlaugh:
haa
and yes that viking is cool!
haaa but i like this one too :eride:
haha :D

pawnhead
3rd September 2009, 04:14 PM
I'm not his step-dad, and I hardly know him at all.
You're getting me mixed up with the other guy, but I'll have to admit that that's a huge blunder of mine, so thanks for the correction katrina. :2tsup:

BTW, I used to spell Shaun's name wrong as well. :o

katrinawebb
3rd September 2009, 04:17 PM
haha its okkk :wink:

btw, your a such cooooooool dad :D

pawnhead
3rd September 2009, 04:22 PM
Thanks for that. Here's a pic for you.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/holgerdanske/Short-Stack-Metro-11-07-0930smal-1.jpg

And in this one (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/holgerdanske/john_monkeychop.jpg) you can see why I like Apestack so much. :q

katrinawebb
3rd September 2009, 04:24 PM
hahaaaa!
thats a really good photo :D
are you coming to the december concerts sirrrr?

pawnhead
3rd September 2009, 06:01 PM
I'll be doing a national tour with Apestack on my pushbike with rosco riding shotgun (http://www.woodworkforums.com/showpost.php?p=598673&postcount=47).

I'll be driving over to Perth in November, then riding from there down to Margaret River, then on to Denmark, Albany, and back to Perth for the Short Stack concert in December.
Next year I'll be riding from Sydney up to the tip of Cape York. That is if the crocks don't get us whilst we're camping out. :D I could just take a big knife, and like croc Dundee, I'll turn them into handbags that I can flog at the markets on the way up.
Make some money to finance the trip eh? :2tsup:

BTW, I haven't been knighted yet as far as I know, so you don't have to call me sir.
Take your pick;
pawnhead
prawnhead
John

;)

katrinawebb
3rd September 2009, 06:06 PM
haha i like prawnhead :D
and your adventure with Apestack and next year sounds quite incredible!
haaa
and why are you going to perth short stack show?
come to sydney or the central coast one :D
caus those are the ones im going to!
c'mon prawnhead you know you want to :wink:
haa

pawnhead
3rd September 2009, 07:24 PM
I've got some #1 Stack fans in Perth that I'd like to visit, so I won't make the Central Coast. I'll have three days to drive back to Sydney if I want to make their gig here, but I might decide to take a leisurely drive (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/holgerdanske/John/car-small.jpg) ;) back via the Great Ocean Road in Vic.

Edit; BTW Magilla from Apestack's a good driver, and he can share the load . He'd give Schumaker a run for his money on the track I'd reckon. :boxing:

katrinawebb
3rd September 2009, 07:27 PM
aww ok
gosh i could never drive to perth!
i dont even like driving to kiama :oo:
haa :)
well have a good trip :2tsup:

fSTACK_
4th September 2009, 05:51 PM
Well done John well done :2tsup: I wished I had
a big poster of them on my wall
x

pawnhead
4th September 2009, 08:18 PM
Thanks for that katrina and fSTACK_ !1
Too cool. :2tsup:
I'm not making any more of those ones, so if you want one, you'll have to make it yourself. :o

It looks like I'm getting a bit of my own fan base around here. :D

Short Stack is playing at Warringah Mall tommorrow BTW. They'll be performing and signing CDs. I'll be there dancing with my gorilla from Apestack. ;) Hopefully I can get Andrew to come back here and pose in front of my poster for me.
:fingerscrossed:
I put a poster up on the window of the Manly Daily, with pictures of Andy at Balgowlah North Public School, and they didn't know where it came from. They interviewed Andrew and printed an article on him and the band in today's paper. I'll scan it in a minute and add it to this post as an edit.

fSTACK_
4th September 2009, 09:08 PM
I wished I could go to Warringah tomorrow ;( I cant go cos its too farr! Pick me up? LOL I wanna touch your ape costume

tatummm
4th September 2009, 09:15 PM
hello pawnhead =D
that poster is ####ing massive!
&& awesome! :2tsup:
you have to be the best dad out!
iloveandyclemmensen, ha.

pawnhead
4th September 2009, 09:57 PM
It's not a costume fSTACK_.
Magilla's a stuffed ape that I bought at Vinnies op-shop ten years ago. He's become my mascot and I'm searching for a pic of him when I danced him around at the Metro. There were a lot of cameras pointed at him when the security dude was pointing his torch at him, and I figured that someone out there has a pic if you could ask around. I photoshopped his hairdo, and gave the bunny a guitar, and put the bear with the baggy skin on drums to form 'Apestack (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/holgerdanske/Apestack-Poster-1.jpg)'.

Here he is with Bradie doing sound checks at the Metro (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/holgerdanske/Short-Stack-Metro-11-07-097small.jpg).

Here's today's Daily article;

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/3766/shortstackmanlydaily040.jpg

And the Advertisement banner from the front page of last Wednesday's Daily;

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/3536/shortstackfrontpagemanl.jpg

Thanks for the comment tatummm. :2tsup:
I actually did it because I'm selfish.
I had fun making it, and now I've got my old lounge chair set up in my driveway so I can just put my speakers outside and listen to Short Stack in front of my new floodlit poster. :headbang:
Or perhaps dance around with my monkey a bit. :let:

:hapy:

fSTACK_
4th September 2009, 10:06 PM
Omg I used to have one but then I gave it to my cousin :( and I really want to go to Warringah tomorrow I live to far >< I never saw you at Metro D:

katrinawebb
5th September 2009, 09:43 AM
haha the interview for the manly paper with andy is great! :2tsup:

gooood work prrawnhead, haaa :D

and i wish i could have made it to warringah, except im sick and lost my voice.

i wish i could've danced around with you and Apestack :(

but i wouldnt have been able to sing! :oo:

haa

fSTACK_
5th September 2009, 05:57 PM
;o May you show me the letter like you said you will on Facebook
x Felicia

schaeferj89
5th September 2009, 06:40 PM
:2tsup: that poster is the coolest thing - its so creative!

ohhh i might see you in perth in december then! i am actually in sydney for holidays in december so i am actually going to homebake and the coast show and then stopping in adelaide as well before perth. haha just thought i would do a round trip.

i went to adelaide for their sway sway tour because they didnt come to perth and your son hit me from behind before he hugged me because he hadnt seen me since february haha. he is a classy boy!

from jess :D

pawnhead
5th September 2009, 06:46 PM
What a wonderful day.

I'm overwhelmed.

And this was almost the most wonderful part (http://twitter.com/andyclemmensen/status/3774619634).

I say,,,

almost.

schaeferj89
5th September 2009, 06:48 PM
the day has been rather amazing :) although perth weather is a bit crappy at the moment

4vrtegstack
5th September 2009, 07:16 PM
wow.. you are one didicated father. Wish I could be the neighbour from across the road.. why not move down to melbourne? But ah, we've had bad weather.. not good for that poster. :(

I have a stuffed ape too, it's white and wears red boxing gloves!:happyb:

Do you know Bradie that much? Cus there's one thing I really want to know.. can he sing? :sing: He's really awsome. So is Andy.

Why can't I have a wacky dad like you?? That would be the best.
:iloveyou: for bradie :)

cheers!
:band:

Edit: you should start your own major fan base.. grab the limelight off andy :)

schaeferj89
5th September 2009, 07:37 PM
i am a fan of the rock band smileys. haha

pawnhead
5th September 2009, 11:50 PM
i wish i could've danced around with you and Apestack :(

but i wouldnt have been able to sing! :oo:

haaHe went down pretty well with the fans in his funky new get up. Heaps of them wanted pics with him and it's no wonder really. Apart from being an awesome vocalist, and guitar shredder, he can dance up a storm. They knocked him back from 'Dancing With The Stars'. He's a 'star', but he's just too good for the competition. They wouldn't stand a chance against him. =P

;o May you show me the letter like you said you will on Facebook
x FeliciaYeh, I'll just ask the fan first, and of course I'll delete her name. She wrote a letter with some questions for Andy, and he wrote his responses on the letter. Some of you might be interested, because one question is always popping up. I'd like to talk a bit about it. I'll give you a clue on what you might be wondering about.

I'd like to thank you fans for your dedication. It's amazing the lengths that some of you go to to see the band. I'm overwhelmed that I can put a smile on your face just by giving you guys a few stickers. It's just great seeing all your enthusiasm, and I'll post some pics tomorrow when I'm fresh.

Thanks for giving me a great day Short Stack fans! :2tsup:

KT&Lorianne
6th September 2009, 01:12 AM
Hey this is KT (aus) and Lorianne (france) here,
Wow good job John! I'd like the same in my garden, im sure that my neighbours would be happy to see short stack's faces in the morning lol.
What was andys reaction when he saw it?
By the way you have an article here http://shortstackband.skyblog.com on the official french support of ss, about the poster.

We are both huge fans of Short Stack and love Stack Is The New Black!

KT&Lorianne
:U

pawnhead
6th September 2009, 11:26 AM
Wow, thanks for the blog KT&Lorianne!

I was going to take the poster down to the main road at peak hour, and dance around with my monkey. It would have gotten a LOT of attention that way, and not just from Short Stack fans. I still think that would have been a good idea, but I was a little bit worried that people might think that I'm more of a crazy man, than just a proud father. So I rang Andy first, and he told me not to do it. He told me not to hang it up on my house either, but I'd spent so much time on it that I wanted to show it off, so I hung it up anyway.

Everybody here loves it. All the shopkeepers around here want Short Stack posters for their shops now. I put little signed posters on my corner shop wall, and they get stolen. They have the bands signatures on them, but they're only copies. They're very cheap to make, so I don't mind if they're stolen. I'll just put some more back. This time I will put up another sign that says "If you take a poster, please by my son's new album' Stack Is The New Black'.

I made the poster picture 'Public' on my Facebook, instead of private like the rest of my pictures, and I tagged the three boys from the band. I didn't know what sort of reaction to expect, but it wasn't long before the friend requests started pouring in. After Andrew twittered the pic, the flood turned into a deluge.

I'm sorry to all you fans, but I won't friend you on Facebook. I have a private life that I like to keep separate. Nearly all the dedicated Short Stack fans are young girls, and it's not appropriate that I get too friendly with you. The internet can be a dangerous place, especially if you're young and vulnerable. You have to be very careful who you talk to, and who you give any personal details to.

Before I made this poster, I had a friend request here at WWF. Someone signed up with a very suggestive 'handle'. I thought that it was someone that I was talking to on a personal level at the time, but when she gave me her name, I found that it wasn't someone that I knew. I could only assume that it was a young Short Stack fan, so I unfriended her immediately, and told her not to contact me any more if that was the case. I will stress again that you young girls have to be very careful with who you talk to on the internet.

I'm happy to make you friends here on WWF, but I'm only interested in talking about Andrew or Short Stack, and anything that I can do to help their career. I don't want anyone approaching me in any other way, but I'm happy to answer any questions if I can.

There were lots of fans who wanted stickers yesterday, and I didn't have enough to go around of course. I'll soon be making up some templates for various stickers. They're not official Stack stickers, just something I make myself. They are cheap and easy to make so you can print them yourself, but I may post a few out to you if it doesn't become too overwhelming for me.

WWF is a very friendly place, and it caters for many interests apart from woodwork if you care to have a look around. There's no trolling here, and swearwords are censored, so just be respectful in your comments. I've found all you fans to be very polite and courteous when we meet, and I'm overwhelmed by your enthusiasm for the band, as well as for Apestack and my stickers. :D

I'll post some unreleased pics of Andy shortly.

Thanks for all the support!

You guys are all rad core! :2tsup:

katrinawebb
6th September 2009, 01:18 PM
wow! you are really such a supportive father :)
what did andy buy you for fathers day?!
hope it was tops :2tsup:

and i want a stickerrrr! :D

i still wish i couldve met you and Apestack though!
:rolleyes:

pawnhead
6th September 2009, 01:29 PM
He gave me an awesome present.

It's exactly what I wanted.

I'll post a picture of it later.

It's absolutely awesome.

BTW, thanks for your comment on his twitterpic. I tried to post a comment, but I couldn't get my twitter to work for some reason.

Edit: I'll mail you some stickers, but don't post your address anywhere here. I'll post some templates here, and I'll personalise them with first names for anyone who wants. They're cheap and easy to make if you have a printer.

KT&Lorianne
6th September 2009, 02:26 PM
Glad you liked the blog. Did you understand it though?
Maybe show it to Andy?
Could you please personalise a sticker for us?

KT&Lorianne

schaeferj89
6th September 2009, 06:16 PM
i totally understand about talking to fans on the internet. i am 20 and find that the people who are obsessing over the band are as young as 11 or 12 and it freaks me out. but then again makes me realise that they appreciate having fans who are their age and can travel to see them.

i have no problem in travelling to see the band because they are always so happy to see me and make sure we hang out as much as possible.

i do have to say as well that if you lived in perth and not sydney i would be more than happy to help you spread the word about the band. i run a street team myself for a german band and i represent the whole of australia so i understand! haha

hope you had an amazing fathers day and from what i see you post here you are ana amazing dad, and andy is very lucky to have you in his life.

from jess

kiarastack
6th September 2009, 08:10 PM
all i can say is wow, :o
this is amazing....just wow !

pawnhead
6th September 2009, 08:26 PM
That looks like a cool blog there KT&Lorianne. I didn't realise that they had a following in France. Their joint manager, Trevor, was telling me yesterday that that are looking at going international.
I left a comment there in French, but I think it's waiting for moderation.

What a lovely compliment jess.
Thanks so much!
I really am overwhelmed.
I'll be in Perth for their December concert.

Here's the poster that I stuck on the window of the Manly Daily. It was two A4s joined together to make an A3 sized poster. There are heaps of A4 sized ones all over my area, on telegraph poles, slipped between the glass of community noticeboards and bus stop notice boards, from Manly to Balgowlah North;
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/2417/andyshortstackschoolpos.th.jpg (http://img214.imageshack.us/i/andyshortstackschoolpos.jpg/)
The original is much higher resolution. The image at the bottom left with the spiked hair would fill your screen, and it's quite clear. The dog's name is "Staffy". Not a very original name for a cross Stafordshire Terrier, but it's what Andy's big brother chose.
The one with the guitar is a really nice shot. I've had that on my bedroom wall (along with one of each of my other three kids) for years now. That's my ex-girlfriend's guitar and she was teaching us both the basics at the time. She's a lovely Maori lady, and she's had a few minor hits of her own in New Zealand a while back.
I didn't keep up the practice, but Andy did. A good thing too I'd say now. :D Anyway, I've just bought myself a guitar, and I'm doing pretty well at McCartney's 'Blackbird'. There's good instructional vids on Youtube, and it's one of the first that Andrew learned. It's always been a favourite of mine since I heard it as a kid.
I've got a few more schoolyard pics as well if anyone's interested.

kiarastack
6th September 2009, 08:38 PM
awesome! can't believe i've never seen them and i live in the area.
everytime i walk around the area i'm going to be looking at every pole/bus stop/community board i can find :)

KT&Lorianne
6th September 2009, 09:08 PM
Thanks, I do my best to have a rad blog! Trevor already told me about the boys coming to France, I (Lorianne) will be there to welecome them. I accepted your comment this morning, you speak well in French! No mistake at all!
Andys photos is cute, he was a really pretty boy. We would love it if you could put more up.
KT lives in Tasmania and wanted to know if you knew if the the boys will come to Tasmania to do a show?
Will you still be making personalised Apestack stickers?

Hope you had a nice Fathers Day,

KT&Lorianne

amber_angel_xx
6th September 2009, 09:24 PM
hey :)
im amber and it think you would be a really cool dad.
that poster must have taken you agessss!! and would have been really hard work to make..

could you personalise some stickers for me? :)
thankyou..

amber xxx

katrinawebb
6th September 2009, 09:29 PM
haha no problem about the comment :U

and wow a personalised sticker! awesome :2tsup:

and that poster is soo cool!

haha if i were in manly i would probably steal them! lol

and i love McCartney's song "blackbird"

i might actually look up those youtube videos!

i would actually love to learn it :rolleyes:

schaeferj89
7th September 2009, 01:23 AM
:B awww its my pleasure! i think no matter what you do in life family is number one. and especially doing what andy does with the band family is probably the one thing that keeps them all grounded.

and i also speak from experience because my dad lives in sydney and i see him once a year so i really appreciate what having a dad there for you is like. :rolleyes:

hopefully i can say hello to you in december! perth is amazing.

from jess x

pawnhead
7th September 2009, 02:17 AM
Thanks, I do my best to have a rad blog! Trevor already told me about the boys coming to FranceI didn't know they were going to France. :2tsup: I'll post a pic of Trevor and Chris soon. They're joint managers of Sunday Morning Records. Trevor was telling me yesterday that he used to be in a band back in the Eighties, and the name rang a bell. I was going to look them up on Youtube, but I've forgotten the name. I should have written it down at the time.
I accepted your comment this morning, you speak well in French! No mistake at all!I met a Dutch lady and she thought I spoke Dutch. I met a French Canadian lady who's origins were from Madagascar, and she thought I spoke French, and then I spoke in Malagasy to her. That was a very tricky one because Babel Fish doesn't translate to Malagasy. It's a very rare language but I found a Malagasy/English dictionary, so I was able to say something by translating it word by word.
I speak all tongues kimosabe, but English and Danish are the only ones I can understand without the help of an on-line translator. :wink:
Andys photos is cute, he was a really pretty boy. We would love it if you could put more up.Will do

KT lives in Tasmania and wanted to know if you knew if the the boys will come to Tasmania to do a show?I'm not involved with management at all, but I'll ask Andy next time I talk to him if I remember

Will you still be making personalised Apestack stickers?There are three very dedicated fans in Perth that I'm visiting in December. The mother of one of them found me on these forums, and contacted me to tell me the lengths that the girls had gone to to meet the band, and she asked a question. I couldn't help with the answer, and unfortunately they missed out on seeing them again. I managed to get the band to sign some stuff for them and I sent it in a package.
I'll always treasure the letter of gratitude they wrote me, and amongst the best of my pictures are the ones they sent me of them opening their packages. It's a fantastic reward, but the offer they made me today was truly astounding.
I'm a very lucky man.

Here's a couple of templates I personalised for you from templates I've used once before for those three girls.

First I scanned the three Short Stack singles.
Because of the thickness of the disc, the background was grey, so I whited out most of it to save wasting ink. That's why the edges of the disc are jagged, but it doesn't matter because you cut the sticker around the disc.
I filled in the centres, and extended Maurice past the edge of the disc.
I threw some Apestack in the gaps.
Then I used an on-line text generator with lightning bolt font to write the first name of the fan.
I bucket filled around the font to match the disc, and inserted it over 'BABY', in the Sway Sway disc.
I used CD label sheet to print it on. I got some very cheap from Aldi, but they don't always have that sort of stuff. I couldn't find anything at Officeworks that wasn't perforated, but it didn't matter to me anyway because after I printed it, I laminated it. The laminator cost about $40, and the pouches are cheap when bought in bulk. You can get self adhesive pouches so you don't need a laminator, but they're more expensive. Once they are laminated, it doesn't matter about the perforations in the sheet, because the plastic film holds it together.
You just cut the sticker out, then peel and stick.
I'd print out a dozen Magillas on a sheet, then cut them up three pages at a time with my guillotine. Wherever I'd go, I'd have a pocket full of them, sticking them places where they'd be seen. Some kids in my area aproached my dog to give him a pat, so I gave them some stickers. They told me that they'd seen them at the shops, so I told them the story, and hopefully they're Stack fans now. :D
Here's the Lorianne template;
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6255/stickertemplatelorianne.th.jpg (http://img215.imageshack.us/i/stickertemplatelorianne.jpg/)
And here's the KT template;
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/7434/stickertemplatekt.th.jpg (http://img134.imageshack.us/i/stickertemplatekt.jpg/)
And I could put them both together on the same disc as well if you want.
Hope you had a nice Fathers Day,

KT&Lorianne
It was a great father's day thanks. I'll show you my present later.

hey :)
im amber and it think you would be a really cool dad.
that poster must have taken you agessss!! and would have been really hard work to make..

could you personalise some stickers for me? :)
thankyou..

amber xxxThanks for that. I'll make a template, and you could print as many as you want, or I could post you a few sheets.

haha no problem about the comment :U

and wow a personalised sticker! awesome :2tsup:

and that poster is soo cool!

haha if i were in manly i would probably steal them! lol

and i love McCartney's song "blackbird"

i might actually look up those youtube videos!

i would actually love to learn it :rolleyes:This guys got a bit of a seventies mullet on him, but it's a useful video to learn from;
YouTube - how to play blackbird!
After two weeks practice I can play it well, but a bit slower than full tempo. I can play it at full tempo, but my fingers get a bit knotted. It shouldn't take too much longer. From the related videos there, Sungha Jung is a really talented young lad, but the following is how I'd really like to play it;
YouTube - Blackbird (Fingerstyle Guitar)
In all his renditions, peacejoytown can really give the guitar a voice. It would take a lot of practice to get to his level I'd imagine.

Once I get the hang of it, I'll look for some tabs of Stack songs. I don't know if there'd be any out there though.
So what name would you like on your disc KATRINA?

Look for my ape at the gig, and say hello Jess.

Edit; There's not too many in the thread now so I don't mind posting three or four sheets out to each of you. You can PM me, and tell me what name you want on the disc, and where to send it. If you want to print your own, then I can just post the template here.
I'll give you some more options tomorrow though so stay tuned to this channel.

KT&Lorianne
7th September 2009, 02:51 AM
Trevor was telling me yesterday that he used to be in a band back in the Eighties, and the name rang a bell. I was going to look them up on Youtube, but I've forgotten the name. I should have written it down at the time.

Trevor's band is called "Escape club". Here's the link to the band's myspace page http://www.myspace.com/therealescapeclub
Thanks for asking Andy about Tasmania. I hope they do come down for a show as Tasmania has many fans of Short Stack.

Thank you for the templates.

KT&Lorianne

schaeferj89
7th September 2009, 05:53 AM
i will definately look out for you! :)

i have been trying to find Trevor's or Chris' emails regarding an assignment I have for my radio course, do you know who I could contact regarding getting them?

Chris and I always talk when I see him but I keep forgetting to ask.

x

NikkiLee
7th September 2009, 10:48 AM

pawnhead
7th September 2009, 02:24 PM
Trevor's band is called "Escape club". Here's the link to the band's myspace page http://www.myspace.com/therealescapeclub
Thanks for asking Andy about Tasmania. I hope they do come down for a show as Tasmania has many fans of Short Stack.

KT&Lorianne
:UThanks for that. I'll look them up.
I try not to ring Andy too often since they're so busy lately, but I'll try to remember next time I talk to him.
By the looks of your website, you'd have no problems making up stickers of your own, but I'm happy to mail some out to you if you want.
BTW, the link in your signature is broken. I think it's because you spelled it 'official' instead of the French 'officiel'.

i will definately look out for you! :)

i have been trying to find Trevor's or Chris' emails regarding an assignment I have for my radio course, do you know who I could contact regarding getting them?

Chris and I always talk when I see him but I keep forgetting to ask.

xI don't have anything to do with management, apart from talking to Trevor and Chris when I see them at gigs. Since I'm becoming a bit more involved with you fans now, I'll try to get some contact details next time I see them, but it's not the sort of thing I'd make public. I don't want to be the cause of them getting their mail boxes flooded with fan mail. You'd have to have a good reason to contact them, and it's probably best that you either ask them yourself, or send me a message as a PM and I can try to get it to them.
My surname is quite uncommon, and I often get calls from fans asking for Andrew. My brother and sister have had calls as well. At first I'd tell them that he doesn't live here but I could get a message to him. One fan was very creative, and she told me she was his girlfriend but that she'd lost his number and had something urgent to tell him. I asked her what it was and she told me it was personal. I told her that if she were really his girlfriend, then she shouldn't have lost his number. If he wants someone to have his number, then he'll give it to them himself.
Then I got a call straight back from the same girl, saying that I'd just won a season pass to Hoyts cinemas. I said "Let me guess. I just have to give you Andy's number to claim my prize, right?". "You've got it", she said. "Better luck next time" I said to her, and we both had a good laugh. :U
Of course I'd never give out his number to anyone I don't know. But one fan kept calling me, to the point of harassment. She only stopped after I threatened to have the call traced. I was getting ready to pull a prank on her, similar to a very funny one on Youtube. I don't want to embed the video here, but if you google 'Pranked Telemarketer (http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&source=hp&q=Pranked+Telemarketer&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=&fp=b3f4fa2221e1a36c)', the call gave me a good laugh, and I'm sure I could have pulled off something funny if she'd rung back.
But now my standard answer is that I don't know any Andrew. It's unfortunate that one rotten egg can spoil it, because I don't mind trying to give him messages from his fans.
I thought that was a cool story, but of course it gives away my number at the same time.

I don't know anyone called Andrew. :p

And that's not an invitation to call because I don't really want to go to the hassle of getting my number changed.

...............................Hi Nikki. What happened to your comment. Did you delete it?
I get notification in my email, and I thought it was nice.
I can send you some stickers if you want. I have some ties to New Zealand, but I've never been there. I plan on taking a cycling tour there in a few years, all going well.

More playground shots;
He's not in this one, but our bitza 'Staffy' is:
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/4748/andyntbalps5small.th.jpg (http://img233.imageshack.us/i/andyntbalps5small.jpg/)

He's at the head of the queue, waiting to get a picture taken on a motorbike;
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/2346/andyntbalps6small.th.jpg (http://img134.imageshack.us/i/andyntbalps6small.jpg/)

In the playground;
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/8936/andyntbalps8small.th.jpg (http://img199.imageshack.us/i/andyntbalps8small.jpg/)

With his grandmother and at another time, with his grandfather. My mum and dad;
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9176/andyntbalps7small.th.jpg (http://img269.imageshack.us/i/andyntbalps7small.jpg/) http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/5729/andynthbalgprimarycropp.th.jpg (http://img199.imageshack.us/i/andynthbalgprimarycropp.jpg/)

KT&Lorianne
7th September 2009, 02:43 PM
Thank you for the correction on the link. I just fixed it so it should work.
Could you possibly send me some stickers? The templates you gave as are quite small.

Enjoy your day.

KT&Lorianne

pawnhead
7th September 2009, 03:48 PM
Thank you for the correction on the link. I just fixed it so it should work.
Could you possibly send me some stickers? The templates you gave as are quite small.

Enjoy your day.

KT&Lorianne
:UThe templates are very large at 1686px × 2304px.

I clicked on the thumbnail and it brought me to the Imageshack page. I clicked on the image and it loaded the full resolution file, sized to fit my screen. If you click on it again, it will blow up to 1686px × 2304px. Much larger than my screen size.
I right clicked on it, and saved it to my desktop.
I opened a blank Word document, and stretched the perimeter just short of the edges of the page.
I went to Insert>picture>from file>desktop, and clicked on the file.
I clicked on the image in Word, and dragged the perimeter to the limit.
I inserted a square label sheet (I couldn't get blank sticker sheet, but CD label, or any type of label sheet will do) into the printer and pressed print.
It prompted me that the edges were outside the printing area, but I ignored the prompt and pressed go.
I put the printed A4 in a jacket, and fed it through my laminator.
I cut out the stickers, pealed of the backing, and stuck them to my wall.
It says SWAY SWAY LORIANNE on the disc, and I can read the fine print copyright information on all the discs.
It's on my wall along with my officially endorsed poster of Apestack, and my picture of their impromptu appearance under the Harbour Bridge. It was unannounced, and there wasn't much of a turnout.
The boys signed my poster, and Trevor had a good laugh when I showed him my new band, and he showed it around. He told me he's putting an Apestack sticker on his guitar case. :D
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/1288/bedroomwall.th.jpg (http://img233.imageshack.us/i/bedroomwall.jpg/) Keep clicking on that image until you get the full sized 800x1067 137kb version

I was handing out a few miniature Apestack posters, but it's hard to make out where Magilla says 'Ooh Ooh Baby' when it gets too small.
I can send you some that say whatever you want on the disc, in lightning font. I could also insert a personal name underneath 'Princess' on the other disc, but I don't know where I'd find a matching font to work with. It's a bit unusual, and there's too many out there to look through.

schaeferj89
7th September 2009, 04:44 PM
having people call your house must be really weird - its such an invasion of privacy. i would never even think or consider doing that.

silly people.

pawnhead
7th September 2009, 09:05 PM
Don't post your address on a website Kathleena.
Press 'edit' and remove it please.

BobL
7th September 2009, 09:08 PM
Don't post your address on a website Kathlena

Good warning and fixed!

kiarastack
7th September 2009, 09:09 PM
wow, i never knew there were other stack fans in the area. especially a few streets away from me.
balgowlah short stack fans FTW.

kfc182
7th September 2009, 09:13 PM
oh thank you sorry! :doh:

pawnhead
7th September 2009, 09:34 PM
That's alright Kathleen. I mentioned earlier that you have to be careful who you talk to on the internet, and if you want some stickers then send me a private message. Since you live close by I don't need your address. I'll give you some stickers if you knock on my door. I'm sorry I didn't hear you when you came, but thanks for your note.
It really makes me smile when someone appreciates my poster, and I'll keep the note in my files thanks. :)

One of the reasons that Andy didn't want me to put the poster up is that he was afraid that it might be egged or worse. As you know, most of the fanbase are young girls, and it stands to reason that there'd be some young boys who may resent them. The guys from the band have had threats;

"We get death threats," singer Shaun Diviney says. "Because of the way we look some people want to kill us. Not just murder us, they want to seriously f--- us up, cut off our fingers and feed them to us. I don't think they're serious. We just laugh it off.

"We read that Brian McFadden hired security guards because one guy freaked him out on Twitter. It's like, dude, toughen up. Get some balls."
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25919582-5006024,00.html

I don't take them seriously, and it's likely just some kid in his mum's basement trying to act tough. You see them comment on Youtube all the time. If they egg the poster I'll hose it off. If they tear it up one night, it won't be a total dissapointment, because even though it's yet to be finished, it's already served it's purpose. I'll show you what that is later. And if I get a brick through my window, it doesn't matter that much, because I'm a builder/carpenter, and I've yet to renovate the front of the house, involving replacing all the windows. There's a good chance I'll catch them with my cameras as well, because my computer room is directly behind the poster, and the lights outside are on sensors.

I don't mean to scare anyone here, but it's very important that you never post any personal details in public on the internet.

kfc182
7th September 2009, 09:47 PM
oook thank you for telling me, cos i dont want stalkers, the internet is a scary place! :oo:
i really love your stickers! you gave me one at the mall on saturday and now its on my guitar :p
those threats can be a bit scary at times but i never believed them either :2tsup:
sorry my friend stole one of the posters by accident she sorta just pulled it off with excitement! but she has bought the album and all the singles! :rolleyes:
your such a good dad to andy!!! xD

kathleena

shimmyazozo
7th September 2009, 11:54 PM
haha wow! kudos to you john!
i know lots of people have already said this but you really are a dedicated father :yes:
and i'm pretty impressed with your internet skills!
my parents are pretty clueless with all things technology related :doh:
just wondering if you could make me a sticker template as well?
you don't have to send it though because my parents will probably knife me if they find out i gave out our address to a random on the internet, even if he IS andy clemmensen's father :P
you can just use the name zoe haha
thanks! but don't worry if you don't get round to doing it, it's no biggie :)

KT&Lorianne
8th September 2009, 04:46 AM
Many people have said on Skyblog that they like what you have done with the poster and that they want the same done in their gardens.
Can we ask you anything about Andy?

Will you still be sending out stickers?

KT&Lorianne

pawnhead
8th September 2009, 06:15 AM
oook thank you for telling me, cos i dont want stalkers, the internet is a scary place! :oo:
i really love your stickers! you gave me one at the mall on saturday and now its on my guitar :p
those threats can be a bit scary at times but i never believed them either :2tsup:
sorry my friend stole one of the posters by accident she sorta just pulled it off with excitement! but she has bought the album and all the singles! :rolleyes:
your such a good dad to andy!!! xD

kathleenaDon't worry about that. They had plenty of posters there, and I forgot to take up Andys offer of grabbing some from Mall Music. I'm sure that they were intending to leave the posters stuck up for anyone who wanted to take them after the appearance. It's not as if they were going to take them down and re-package them with the CDs they're selling, so they'd just end up in the garbage if the fans didn't help themselves. If I was in your 'friends' shoes, I would have grabbed an extra one myself. :wink:

haha wow! kudos to you john!
i know lots of people have already said this but you really are a dedicated father :yes:
and i'm pretty impressed with your internet skills!
my parents are pretty clueless with all things technology related :doh:
just wondering if you could make me a sticker template as well?
you don't have to send it though because my parents will probably knife me if they find out i gave out our address to a random on the internet, even if he IS andy clemmensen's father :P
you can just use the name zoe haha
thanks! but don't worry if you don't get round to doing it, it's no biggie :)I'd prefer to make templates. It doesn't take long at all to insert a personal name on the template and you don't need a lot of skill to print them out. If you can find un-perforated sticker sheet, then you don't need to laminate them, but if it's label sheet, then a laminator is quite cheap, and it's useful for photos and posters as well. Self adhesive pouches are available, and I think you can get clear contact sheet as well, so you could just stick some of that on top of the label sheet to stop it falling apart at the label perforations.
Your parents have the right idea there about talking to strangers, and I don't need an address if you're printing your own.
If anyone does have concerns though, I can give you my ISP webmail address and your parents can contact me directly. They can give me the details I need, and there'd be no need for you to contact me privately at all. You know my name so your parents could give me a call. I had no problems with fans calling me until I was harassed by a persistent fan, but there's no point in you calling me now that it's out. I'm not going to chat with fans on the phone, and I don't know any 'Andrew' so you'd just be wasting your time and mine if you called me yourself.

I'd prefer it that way myself, because I don't want any suggestions that I'm doing anything improper. I'm only interested in helping you fans, and as I said before I don't want to be approached in any other way. Unless of course you're renovating your house, in which case I might be able to help you out with my knowledge of building and carpentry. :p

Many people have said on Skyblog that they like what you have done with the poster and that they want the same done in their gardens.
Can we ask you anything about Andy?

Will you still be sending out stickers?

KT&Lorianne
You can ask anything about Andy and I'll try to answer. I almost slipped once, but I'm wise to the Q about his middle name now and I won't answer that 'I forgot'. I do have something important to say about that because I'm very proud of the name we gave him, but I very much doubt that you'd be able to find out what it is from the clues I'll be giving.

Postage is pretty cheap, and I'll send three A4 sheets of whatever you want, if I can fold them in three and insert them in a business envelope. This could be three sheets of SWAY SWAY YOURNAME sticker sheet making nine altogether with some Apestack in the gaps, or it could be three full sized pictures on photo paper, laminated in a protective jacket, or I could fit four pics on one page, cut them out, and stick them in an envelope. That would be twelve pictures in all.
With a full sized A4 laminated sheet, there'll be a permanent crease if I fold them in three for an envelope. I don't know how much extra an A4 envelope is to send. I'll take care of anyone in the thread already who wants them, but there's a limit to how many more I'll do. Posting templates isn't a problem though, so If you have a printer you can run off as many as you like.

I'm working on improving a personalised poster that I gave to three special fans in Perth. It was a rush job, and I'd like to do better, but I didn't have much time before leaving for their Metro concert to see the band. I wanted them to autograph the posters.

It's a montage of pictures of Andrew, from a baby, to a 21 year old. It has a Short Stack banner at the bottom left, and a blank space next to it along the bottom. It has a blank strip down the left hand side as well. I wasn't talking privately to the girls at all, but I requested an individual portrait of each of the girls from their parents to have signed by the band. As an example, one of the girls has a SWAY SWAY BABY T shirt on, and she's holding out a handfull of what looks like M&Ms, in front of her. I photoshopped her into the montage, so that her hands were slightly overlapping the Short Stack banner in the bottom left. It gives it a bit of a 3D effect, and it looks like she's standing behind the banner, next to a 17 year old Andrew, and in front of an eight year old Andrew at Manly beach. It looks like she's holding her handfull of M&Ms over the front of the banner. It's a nice effect, but I think I could improve it more by adding shadow to the figures, sharpening up the edges of the figures, and improving the placement of everything in general. Also perhaps I might pick some more and better pics of Andy to insert.
I had Andrew sign it in the blank space across the bottom, and write "To Whatsername" across the top. The intention was to get Shaun and Bradie to sign it in the blank strip at the left, but things were hectic on the night and their signatures didn't work out exactly as planned. Before sending them to Perth, I told the parent that since these were unreleased pictures of Andrew, and since they each contained the girls names written by Andrew, and they were autographed by all three band members, and they contained a picture of the girl, then they might generate some interest if they were posted on the internet. That may be against your parents wishes, so I'll only accept pictures of you from your parents if you want me to insert you in the poster. There's also the fact that I don't want to be accused of collecting pictures of young girls for any other purpose than making a poster that may put a smile on your face.

I've already pressed the band for a lot of signatures for their fans, so I don't want to impose on them any more. The best I can offer is to insert copies of the signatures in black from one that's been signed already. The only way to tell the difference will be to look at the back. The originals I've made already, have ORIGINAL across the back, and they are double signed by me. Once under the lamination, and once over the lamination, and over the signature below. The signature below is in silver, and it's impossible to duplicate its lustre with a copy. Silver isn't permanent and it can scratch and smudge so I use black permanent marker on top of the lamination. The only way to copy it successfully would be to forge my signature. If it's a copy, then i write COPY in big letters across the back. I think the originals are signed by the band in silver as well. There's only four originals out there anyway, and I know where they are. You may think I'm making too big a deal out of this, but fans queued up for close to four hours last Saturday to get original signatures, and the band sat there signing stuff until everyone in the queue had been taken care of. It gave me writer's cramp just watching them, and I don't want to devalue original signatures by passing out copies as original, even though that would be much easier than getting the guys to sign them in the first place.
I suppose I could design it without the blank spaces for the sigs, but they do look good.

If anyone wants one, then you'll have to send me a message and I'll give you my email address so your parents can contact me. Some of you can be pretty inventive, but don't try to snow me, because I'll be wanting a phone number to verify that it's your parents that I'm talking to. I'm pretty good at sniffing out deception with a few random questions, and I might even ask for a picture of them holding up the picture that they want inserted, as well as their drivers license. :q

It might be a few weeks before I have the spare time to fix up the original montage, and inserting a portrait takes a little bit longer than just inserting a lightning font name, so it's first come first served, with anyone who's posted in this thread already at the top of the list. I hope I don't get swamped, because of course there's a limit to how many of these I'll make up.

KT&Lorianne
8th September 2009, 06:29 AM
Ow you are online at this time? Don't tell me that you are up to make our stamplers ? :O
I have a question about Andy. Many girls ask me how many sisters & brothers has he got?

When KT will be up, she'll probably answer you back to "order" stamplers lol.

KT&Lorianne
:D

audio_princess
8th September 2009, 06:38 PM
hi. this poster is so cool. it was pretty madd. :2tsup: u must be such a cool dad to have. iwas woundering...... can andy play any other instruments andd........ how long he's been playing gitar. :)

shimmyazozo
8th September 2009, 08:29 PM
"Andy Clemmensen, the raddest member of Short Stack ;]" facebook group i made :)
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=86927068437 (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=86927068437)

you may have joined already, but if not, then please do :D
he's got over 550 fans already (beating both shaun and bradie :P)
[/URL]
and this is the "I have officially been Short Stacked! :D" facebook group
[URL="http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=74826129245"]http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=74826129245 (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=74826129245)

also i was reading the above posts and saw you guys talking about trevor's band, the escape club.
if you haven't already listened to a few of their songs, i suggest you do :)
'wild wild west' is my favourite (plus andy and bradie played it with them at a friend's party)
link here: YouTube - Escape Club with Short Stack

and i swear i'm not a stalker, i just follow them on twitter :)

pawnhead
9th September 2009, 08:41 AM
I'll write a post shortly giving a brief outline of our family history, where it relates to Andy (where he was born, siblings, where he grew up etc).

Some fans have been asking me how much these stickers cost.
I'm not charging anything, and I'll send 3 A4 sheets to anyone who wants them, so long as I don't get too flooded with requests. If I do, then I might just ask for a stamped, self addressed envelope. Sticker sheets cost bugger all when you get your stuff in bulk.

These are NOT official stickers, and I'm not in this to make money. There's copyright information on the label, but that pertains to the CD of course. Nevertheless the image that I started with was the copy of the discs, and it's not mine to profit from. The ape is mine but everything else in that poster has been chopped and manipulated from screen-shots of their music clips; 'Sway Sway Baby', and 'Princess'. Trevor had a good laugh, he showed my stuff around, he's putting an Apestack sticker on his guitar case, and he was happy for me to dance around with my monkey, handing out stickers. They were handing out plenty of their own on the day. I'm not tapping into their merchandise dollars, and it can only help them out if I hand out a few stickers to loyal fans, so they're not going to object. They don't even seem to mind the fact that some joker has uploaded the new album shortly after it's release. I know that Warner Bros clamps down pretty heavily if any of their music is up on Youtube, but I read an article somewhere that Sunday Morning Records, and the band members themselves have an attitude that the pirates are going to get the music for free if they want it anyway, and it's pointless fighting over it because it will only hurt their image.

Revenues are down on what they used to be, and it's harder to make a quid out of the industry, but it has to adapt, and the internet is what gave Short Stack their fan base. You fans would know that they'd spend more of their time with their fans than any other band or artist you've seen around. They were almost four hours at the Mall on Saturday, making sure that everyone had their merchandise signed, and they even had someone there to take pictures of fans with them, using the fan's own cameras.
Everyone who pre-ordered their album got a phone call from the band, and a poster with all their names on it (Mine's on there too :) ). They spent a LOT of time on the phone to their fans. I could get my stuff free from Andy, but I've bought and paid for everything I've got, and I've bought multiple copies of some of their music and merch as gifts for the kids of friends of mine. I don't like pestering Andy for stuff, and I suppose it's just my strange way of supporting them, and it makes me feel a bit better when I pester them all for signatures on the posters I make for special fans that I've met. I got a bonus with the album, in that I got to pester Andrew about when I was getting my phone call. I kept telling him when I called, that I'd demand my money back if I didn't get a call from him. I ribbed him on his Facebook, and I don't know if he reads through all those comments, but shortly after I got a call and he told me I was eight hundred and something on the list. :D

My investment paid off in a good way, because the call came just after their album shot to the top of the charts on release, and I offered him grats on taking the initiative to finally bury Jacko (they knocked him off the top of the charts). They must have thought he was getting a bit on the nose, being above ground for so long. (That's just a joke BTW, and no offense to any MJ fans out there ;) ) I suppose that's a round about way of saying that they rely on their fans for support, buying the records, and concert tickets, and they really appreciate it. It gives me a lot of pleasure helping you guys out, and you're just so grateful for something as simple as a few stickers.
You guys are all tops. :2tsup:

That was a pretty boring post, but I'll talk about Andy's history and siblings in the next one, prolly throw a few pictures in. BTW, those websites of yours are really cool KT&amp;Lorianne. I don't mind making up extra sheets for any friends or special fans there. I'll wait a week or two to see how many people want them, and I'll make them up at the same time.

So far I've got one address for SWAY SWAY AMBER
A template request for SWAY SWAY ZOE
A request for SWAY SWAY LORIANNE
A request for SWAY SWAY KT
And some expressions of interest.
You kids should probably tell your parents before you give your address to me though, and don't post it in the thread.They can read the thread, or contact me if they feel unsure.

Edit; And a request for KATHLEENA, that I overlooked.
If there's any mistakes, or if anyone is left out, let me know.

audio_princess
9th September 2009, 05:25 PM
your trip sounds pretty madd. (sorry im commenting pretty late. bahaha) :D are you coming to the sydney sitnb concert?? i wanna meet mr apestack. lol. :U

pawnhead
9th September 2009, 05:47 PM
I might try to make it back from Perth for the Sydney gig audio_princess.

Magilla has been busy personalising these stickers, and he's printed out a sample with Zoe inserted. There's just no end to the talents of this tree-swinger of mine :U ;

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/7646/apestackstickertemplate.th.jpg (http://img4.imageshack.us/i/apestackstickertemplate.jpg/)

Here is the template. It's reduced to fit the format of the forum.
Click on the image for the full resolution jpeg file for printing;

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5599/zoesmall.jpg (http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/1450/zoeh.jpg)

:2tsup:

audio_princess
9th September 2009, 06:04 PM
cool :)
i cant wait it's gunna be awsumness. :)

shimmyazozo
9th September 2009, 06:48 PM
aw thanks heaps!
it's much appreciated :)
i'll have to go shopping on the weekend for sticker material stuff :P
thanks again, can't wait to be able to stick these everywhere :D
xx

pawnhead
10th September 2009, 12:00 AM
i'll have to go shopping on the weekend for sticker material stuff :P
thanks again, can't wait to be able to stick these everywhere :D
xxI couldn't find plain sticker sheet, but if you can, then you don't have to laminate them. You could just use plain photo-paper, and glue. A no name box of 100 sheets works out around 10c per sheet. Label sheet is about the same. Pouches for a laminator are about the same, and it does give them a glossy protective coat, so they'd last quite a while in an exposed location. The laminator cost me $40 from Officeworks. Self adhesive pouches are dearer, and I don't know if you can get clear contact sheet. They sometimes have that sort of stuff at Aldi very cheap. If you buy small packs through Kodak, you pay through the nose. Ink is probably the most expensive part, and cheap printers, generally make up for their cost by being expensive to buy replacement carts for if you can't get refills. A decent printer will have refillable carts for each colour so you only have to get refills of the ink you use most of if the others aren't empty.

I'll add something else to the template in the corners. I'll put a small face shot of each of the band members, that will be an appropriate size to cut out and insert into the back of the pin buttons that came in the Stack Packs. If you have one, then you can insert your favourite band member. Magilla has Andy in both of his of course. ;)

pawnhead
10th September 2009, 12:08 PM

KT&Lorianne
:UThanks for that link. I'll check them out more thoroughly later. I'll start a separate thread for stickers soon too.

"Andy Clemmensen, the raddest member of Short Stack ;]" facebook group i made :)
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=86927068437 (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=86927068437)

you may have joined already, but if not, then please do :D
he's got over 550 fans already (beating both shaun and bradie :P)

and this is the "I have officially been Short Stacked! :D" facebook group
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=74826129245 (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=74826129245)

also i was reading the above posts and saw you guys talking about trevor's band, the escape club.
if you haven't already listened to a few of their songs, i suggest you do :)
'wild wild west' is my favourite (plus andy and bradie played it with them at a friend's party)
link here: YouTube - Escape Club with Short Stack (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC7drsT7CLU&feature=channel_page)

and i swear i'm not a stalker, i just follow them on twitter :)Of course you're not a stalker. Thanks for setting up the groups. I’ve joined up and I might post some pics of Andy. You can grab anything I’ve posted here if you like.
Let’s get Andy further in front eh?
On the off-chance that you’re reading this, Shaun or Bradie, no offence, but I’m sure you’ll understand. :p

Thanks for posting that Escape Club vid. It’s cool, and I won’t forget them now. I’ll mention that to Trev the next time I see him.

hi. this poster is so cool. it was pretty madd. :2tsup: u must be such a cool dad to have. iwas woundering...... can andy play any other instruments andd........ how long he's been playing gitar. :)As far as I know he doesn’t, but I’ll have to ask him about that one, as well as about Tassie.
That’s a great blog post (http://www.woodworkforums.com/blog.php?u=53584) of yours BTW, and I’m glad you’re getting in to the forums. I might blog some more myself if I get a reaction.

There’s a music section here as well if anyone wants to post something. And if anyone wants to post Stack related pictures or links in this thread, feel free. You can upload them to these forums, but I use Photobucket, or Imageshack (Photobucket is no good for big pictures), because I might post them somewhere else and I don’t want to use the bandwidth of WWF when I do.

If anyone has general pics of the in-store meet at Warringah Mall, then I’d be interested because I didn’t get many myself. If you don’t mind sharing, but you don’t want to make them public then you could send me a message. The ones I got were good though, and I’ll post them later. Ditto for if anyone has pics of my Ape at the Metro gig. I mentioned that earlier I think.

I’ll make a separate thread for anyone who wants personalised stickers shortly. You won’t have to wade through pages to keep up to date if you want some that way.
And BTW, Thanks for the five star rating on this thread guys. :2tsup:

shimmyazozo
10th September 2009, 04:35 PM
haha no problem for making the groups :)
i was originally just going to make an andy group, but i thought it wasn't too fair to shaun and bradie :P
it seems like andy is the favourite though ;)
i've made you an admin for the andy group. it just means that you have access to editing the group info and news. if you don't want to be an admin, then that's fine.
just let me know :)

princess_chloee
10th September 2009, 04:45 PM
ur a really cool dad :)
i need help please. where can i place a order for the stickers??
x

audio_princess
10th September 2009, 07:31 PM
hahaha. thanks for asking him that. :) i have a couple of pics. mostly of andy when they were performing cause i was standing right in front of him....and he was very good looking. lol umm when i figure out how to put images on here i will. bahahaha. andd thanks again for the comment. i really apreciate people reading and liking my work. :D i also find it funny how many comments this has. bahaha. like 5, 6 hole pages! bahaha. thats funny. :)

pawnhead
11th September 2009, 12:18 AM
haha no problem for making the groups :)
i was originally just going to make an andy group, but i thought it wasn't too fair to shaun and bradie :P
it seems like andy is the favourite though ;)
i've made you an admin for the andy group. it just means that you have access to editing the group info and news. if you don't want to be an admin, then that's fine.
just let me know :)I don't mind, but I probably won't have time to edit anything. You never know though. If it would help, I'll jump in and gee up support anywhere if you want me to. :monk:

ur a really cool dad :)
i need help please. where can i place a order for the stickers??
xThanks for that. :) I've just posted a new thread here. The link is below. Jump in and make a post reply. :2tsup:

hahaha. thanks for asking him that. :) i have a couple of pics. mostly of andy when they were performing cause i was standing right in front of him....and he was very good looking. lol umm when i figure out how to put images on here i will. bahahaha. andd thanks again for the comment. i really apreciate people reading and liking my work. :D i also find it funny how many comments this has. bahaha. like 5, 6 hole pages! bahaha. thats funny. :)There's instructions here on the forums somewhere. I'll post some of my own pics, but there are better quality professional shots out there. These mean more to me because I took them myself though.
Yeh, this thread is pretty popular alright. Thanks guys.

If anyone wants stickers, I've made a separate thread with instructions. Some of you have requested already, but could you make another post in the new thread so I can keep track of it.

:monk:Free Short Stack Personalised Stickers (http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=104406):monk:

KT&Lorianne
12th September 2009, 12:15 AM
I never knew that Andy was on Comedy Inc.
I would have seen that episode like 3 years ago.
Haha it was quite funny watching it again =]

Mel_JellyShoes
12th September 2009, 11:27 AM
I've been reading through the blogs for a few days now :P finally decided to join hahaha,

John, I LOVE the giant Short Stack poster it's so epic and cool, I love it Good Job :2tsup:
You're so good to Andy and the rest of Short Stack Advertising like that,
I've been trying to ask the boys if they'd agree to let us have them in a school assignment which is creating an e-zine (online magazine) and if they'd do interviews etc so I could promote them, because I live in the country part of Vic where basically no one knows of them :( But yeah no reply hahaha

I think it's really smart of you constantly warning the people on her to be careful of who they talk to :) I was telling my mum about it and she said that's great

I was wondering, what's with the question of Andy's Middle Name, Does he not want everyone to know it cause he doesn't like it or he just wants to be a tease?

Good Job again,
oh and You and Andy have the same eyes :D
that's cool haha

P.S: Did you know the boys are in the top 4 for Oz Artist :hapy: :brava :hpydans2: http://www.vmusic.com.au/#/OzArtist Now to keep voting 20 times a day to get them number one :wink: hahaha :fingerscrossed: they get number 1:luck:

Mel_JellyShoes
12th September 2009, 12:34 PM
Did you know the boys are in the top 4 for Oz Artist :hapy: :brava :hpydans2: http://www.vmusic.com.au/#/OzArtist Now to keep voting 20 times a day to get them number one :wink: hahaha :fingerscrossed: they get number 1:luck:

pawnhead
12th September 2009, 02:41 PM
Did you know the boys are in the top 4 for Oz Artist :hapy: :brava :hpydans2: http://www.vmusic.com.au/#/OzArtist Now to keep voting 20 times a day to get them number one :wink: hahaha :fingerscrossed: they get number 1:luck:Yes I did.
Andy's mum told me yesterday, so everybody ought to start voting for the Stack right about now eh? :2tsup:

I'm just about to give Nicole a driving lesson, but I'll reply to everyone later. :q

And I'll get to his middle name when I'm ready Mel_JellyShoes. :wink:

kfc182
12th September 2009, 10:46 PM
heyy john

are me and my friends allowed to come round tomorrow?

plz reply xD

pawnhead
13th September 2009, 12:38 AM
heyy john

are me and my friends allowed to come round tomorrow?

plz reply xDYeh sure. I'll be home all day, and I'll give you some stickers, but I haven't started personalising any yet.
Like I said, my daughter Nicole is here atm, and if a picture of us with you is worth anything, then we'd be happy to pose. My eldest son (Andrew's big brother) Matthew lives here as well, and he should be here too.
We just got back from a night at the RSL club, and I'll post a picture of us all tomorrow.
I'll try to reply to the rest of the comments and my messages tomorrow, and write something about the family..

kfc182
13th September 2009, 04:54 PM
what was the website you wanted us to go on thread something? :p

katrinawebb
14th September 2009, 07:18 PM
Edit; There's not too many in the thread now so I don't mind posting three or four sheets out to each of you. You can PM me, and tell me what name you want on the disc, and where to send it. If you want to print your own, then I can just post the template here.
I'll give you some more options tomorrow though so stay tuned to this channel.

i think this was the last thing you said to me..
ha sorry havent been on in a while!

umm i have no idea how to PM?

haha, how do you do it? lol

shimmyazozo
14th September 2009, 08:07 PM
i think this was the last thing you said to me..
ha sorry havent been on in a while!

umm i have no idea how to PM?

haha, how do you do it? lol

hey katrina,
to PM just click on the username and then a list will pop up, and just select the "send a private message to ____" button.
:)

katrinawebb
14th September 2009, 08:15 PM
ooooh thankyou! :D

audio_princess
15th September 2009, 08:06 PM
hayy

i just relised the apestakc images are stickers! from their performance on the 5th. :) :B thanks for them again. :) i didnt get to thank you personally.

i was woundering...how many brothers and sisters does andy have? i was reading something about it and i wasnt saure. on here i think. lol

anyways thanks again.

pawnhead
16th September 2009, 07:43 AM
I've yet to reply to some comments and questions from you fans, but I will when I have a bit more time.
I'll just post this here first though;

this is the exact font/names etc i would like on my stickers:
1. SWAY SWAY ZOE
2. Shimmy a zo zo
3. Princess Zoehttp://img30.imageshack.us/img30/1825/zoeshortstackstickertem.th.jpg (http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/1825/zoeshortstackstickertem.jpg)

1: If you click on that image, it will bring you to the full resolution file.

2: Right click on the image, scroll down to "Save Image As", and left click on the option (I'm using Firefox as my browser, but if you're using the more common Internet Explorer that comes bundled with Windows operating systems, then I believe that it says something other than "Save Image As". If you have any problems, then I can find out which option it is in IE).

3: Save the image to your desktop.

4: Either minimise all of your windows to reveal your desktop, or right click on the blue bar at the bottom of the screen, in a blank space, then select "Show the Desktop".

5: Right click on the file named "Zoe_Short_Stack_Sticker_Template.jpg", and navigate to "Open With".

6: When you hover your cursor over this option, it will open up another list of options. Click on "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer" (This also comes bundled with Windows, but any good photo viewing program should work).

7: At the bottom of the screen, there's a small icon that represents a printer. When you hover over it, it should say "Print (Ctrl+P)".

8: Left click on the icon, and it will open up a window called "Photo Printing Wizard".

9: Click "Next", and it should bring up a window containing all the images that you have on your desktop, but only the one that you have selected will have a tick in the box above it.

10: Click "Next", and it will display a window showing the name of the printer that you have installed on your computer.

11: Click the button that says "Printing Preferences", and it will open up an options window that is provided by the manufacturer of your printer.

12: The quality of print that you select will vary depending on the printer that's installed, but I use "General Everyday Printing". If I select the photo printing option, then not only does it use a lot more ink, but I've found that the print comes out very dark, and not as clear as the everyday option. With the "Fast Economical" you lose a lot of quality when printing pictures. It's a matter of knowing how your particular printer performs, and perhaps you don't need to adjust your printing preferences at all.

13: After selecting your printing preferences, and pressing "OK", the window will disappear, and you'll be back at the previous window.

14: Click "Next", and it will bring you to a new printing options window.

15: Click on the option that says "Full page photo print" (It should be the second option down), then click "Next".

16: This should bring you to a window that says; "You have successfully printed your pictures", and your printer should start printing the page.

17: Click "Finish" and the window should disappear.

If you use plain paper, or photo-paper, then you can cut the stickers out and use glue to stick them onto a surface. If you use sticker sheet, then it's just a matter of peeling the backing off before sticking them to a surface.
The only sticker sheet that I could find was perforated into label sized pieces. They will peel of in pieces because of the perforations, but you could carefully line the pieces up as you stick them onto a surface, one at a time. CD label sheets will work just as well, but the perforations won't line up with the sticker discs, so you'd have to stick them on in pieces as well.

But instead of doing that, I laminated the sheet in a clear protective plastic film, that gives the stickers a glossy look. This holds all the pieces together. My laminator cost about $40 from Officeworks, but you can get self adhesive laminating pouches, so you don't need a laminator. They are more expensive though.
Or you could stick a bit of clear sticky tape over the perforations before peeling the backing. It should peel off in one piece, but it may look a bit untidy with strips of sticky tape on it.

When buying; paper, label sheets, or laminating pouches, they don't cost much per page if you buy an unknown brand, in a pack of 100 or more sheets per pack. If you buy small packets it can be much more expensive per sheet. They sometimes have these type of supplies at Aldi stores at a very low price.

I'll try to post the rest of the orders as templates soon, but I can't promise anything. If you don't have a printer, then perhaps a friend of yours has one, or perhaps your parents can get it done somewhere, possibly at an Internet Cafe.

Again, I'm sorry if I've disappointed anyone here. It was never my intention.

I'll post again here soon, and try to clear up some of the questions that you've been asking.

Keep smiling, and have a nice day. =] :monk: (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/holgerdanske/cowrant-1.jpg)

Mel_JellyShoes
16th September 2009, 09:11 AM
[For other forum that's closed]
It's okay John, I think we all understand :)
Hope that your personal crisis,
uh fixes it's self?
Gets sorted out?
Sorry I'm not very good with words :P
but yeah, no need for anymore apologies
:) It's great that you still talk to us and are prepared to answer questions,
and to still make them for us to print out :)
You're Great John :D

audio_princess
16th September 2009, 02:05 PM
yes....agreeing with the comment above me :aro-u: i just wanna say thanks so much for everything your doing for us.it's really wounderful. and i hope your crisis is sorted outt, or will be soon. andd sorry about bugging you about the questions and stuff. hehe

shimmyazozo
17th September 2009, 12:26 AM
ohmygawd thank you so much!!
you have no idea how happy this made me :p
i know i've bugged you a lot in the past week or so, but i appreciate this a lot :)
i really hope your crisis is resolved/gets better, and i'm not just saying that because of the templates. i honestly do think that.
hope to chat more about andy/short stack soon :)
have a good one john, and once again, thank you :rolleyes:

pawnhead
17th September 2009, 10:29 PM
OK, I've streamlined the process, and I should be able to whip up these templates in no time.
Here's the list I'm working from;

Catie
Jazzy
Lorianne
Chloe
Kathleena
Lorraine
Katrina
Vanessa or Nessa
Zoe

With Vanessa's, I'll use 'Vanessa' on the Princess disc, and 'Nessa' on the other two.
If there's any mistakes, or if you want nicknames on some of the discs, or if you want to do what Zoe did with 'Shimmy a zo zo' Instead of 'Zoe a go go' then let me know exactly what you want. I'd say that you'd need a two letter nick that ends in 'o' though, otherwise it would sound awkward.

Unless otherwise noted, I'll just use ALL CAPS on the SWAY SWAY disc, and upper case on the First Letter of the other two.
If I've missed anyone, then let me know.
If anyone else wants one made, then let me know.
If you don't want to give your real first name in public, then send me a message.
I won't be posting any out, so the only details I'll need is what you want to put on the discs. Zoe spelled it out in my last post in plain English that's easy to understand. If you have any special requests, then spell out exactly how you want each disc personalised. It's no problem putting a different name on each disc, but I think it looks best with a formal name on the princess disc.

If I make a mistake on a template, it's no biggy. Let me know and I can fix it in no time.

I've made another template of Apestack discs, and it's easy to personalise this as well as the Short Stack template. It's a one step process to insert the Apestack discs over your personalised Short Stack discs, whilst leaving your name there.
So you can have both sets personalised with your name.

Here's Apestack's new releases:

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/7646/apestackstickertemplate.th.jpg (http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/7646/apestackstickertemplate.jpg)

You can expect to see them rocketing up the Aria charts as soon as I can get some studio time for a recording. There's the slight hiccup, that the bunny, and the bear with the baggy skin are both signed with Universal, but perhaps they can do some moonlighting, so I can release these singles on Maurice's pirate label.
Perhaps we can even get Apestack to make an appearance in Short Stack's next music video. :fingerscrossed:

Who'd like to see that happen I wonder. :?
Perhaps a petition to Universal would be in order. :U

The template I made for Zoe was a bit foggy from working on it in photoshop, so I've inserted clearer copies from the original scan. I'll make another one for Zoe with better resolution, that should print out very clear.
I printed out that Apestack sheet, and with my reading glasses on (the ones that Magilla is wearing on the Sway Sway disc :D), I can read the fine print on all of the discs.

I'll do them this weekend, so let me know if anyone is missing, or if anyone else wants to be included.
I'll try to catch up with my messages (There could be some requests there that I've missed. Let me know if you're not on the list), and reply to the posts here tomorrow.

Stay cool, and keep smiling. :wink:

PS. Don't worry about my 'crisis'. I could have termed that better. It's no biggy. :;

katrinawebb
17th September 2009, 10:37 PM
haha imagine if apestack made an appearance in the next video!
wow apestack would definately be signed with universal in an instant!
haa ;)

oh and you are too generous John :)
it is amazing the lengths you go for fans and to promote your son!
:D

pawnhead
17th September 2009, 10:42 PM
haha imagine if apestack made an appearance in the next video!
wow apestack would definately be signed with universal in an instant!
haa ;)

oh and you are too generous John :)
it is amazing the lengths you go for fans and to promote your son!
:DThanks for the compliment katrina.
A dude in a gorilla suit with a guitar, jumping in bed with the bunny, would be a riot I reckon. :rofl:

But you never know. Universal might sue me for copying their CD labels.
Although that might make for some embarrassing newsprint, me being Andy's old man and all. :roflmao:

katrinawebb
17th September 2009, 10:45 PM
hahahaha!
that would be so hilarious!

kfc182
17th September 2009, 11:37 PM
thank youuu john!

your so nice xD :D

shimmyazozo
18th September 2009, 12:58 AM
i'm glad to hear that your 'crisis' situation has improved :)
and if you didn't know, they started filming a new music video today!
exciting stuff! haha :P

KT&Lorianne
18th September 2009, 01:40 AM
Thank you so much John.

Short Stack are coming to Tasmania, 6th February for MSfest.
I saw the line up and immediatley started jumping around. I had tears of excitment running down my face as well as mascara. haha.
And then Yesterday (Thursday) there was an article about them in the local paper.
I tell you I have never run so fast in my life ever just to get a newspaper and it was the last one there. So worth it lol.
Such an exciting week and to top it all off today is my 16th Birthday. Yay!

Hope all is well.
Catie =D

Mel_JellyShoes
19th September 2009, 10:43 AM
Can I please have a sticker template John? :)
Under the name Mel or Melissa
It doesn't faze me which.

haha yes that would be funny having apestack in it,
but they just finishing recording their new video I think :(
Should be good though :D it's Ladies and Gentlemen
Next time :wink:

Hahaha I can see that happening
"John Clemmensen hits a short stack with Universal" :hahaha:

hope Everyone has a great Weekend :U

Mel_JellyShoes
19th September 2009, 10:45 AM
Oh and for SWAY SWAY BABY,