PDA

View Full Version : Sourcing Veneer suppliers in Sydney for Marquetry

MiLKey
2nd September 2009, 05:40 PM
Hi all,
im in the south of sydney but travel isnt an issue but was wondering if there is any suppliers of veneer around and what my best options are.

I dont need alot the application is for some decoration on a jewellery box im making for a good friend of mine, just showing her my appreciation.

anything let me know :2tsup:
Michael

John Saxton
8th September 2009, 09:55 PM
Hi all,
im in the south of sydney but travel isnt an issue but was wondering if there is any suppliers of veneer around and what my best options are.

I dont need alot the application is for some decoration on a jewellery box im making for a good friend of mine, just showing her my appreciation.

anything let me know :2tsup:
Michael

Michael in desperation I've gone to Carba-tec which should have a branch in Sydney,failing that and perhaps try Trend timbers up Windsor way I believe.

Cheers:)

chrisb691
8th September 2009, 10:38 PM
Michael,

I suggest you give Lyn Stewart a ring on (02) 9878 3632. She is the Secretary of the NSW Marquetry Guild, and should be able to direct you to sources.

Shutterbug
8th September 2009, 10:50 PM
Try,

Veneercraft
6 Bridge Street
Padstow 2211
Ph: 9773 9433

They don't seem to have a website.

Mike

DsArt
11th September 2009, 12:37 AM
A sharp saw an a bit of thought and by power or hand you can cut a veneer off yourself, might take a few goes but a steady hand:cool: ,if you only need a wee bit then you can have a go at a bit of scrap ,never know what you find:2tsup: