PDA

View Full Version : Preparing for Phillip Island

jefferson
4th September 2009, 09:43 PM
I finally got around to doing something in the way of a portable stand for the VL100.

No surprises, the Bunnings painter's stand was out of square. (I checked the cuts on my panel saw twice - all OK there. )

The light set-up looks the goods. No dust extraction though, so will be wearing a mask.

More chisels to sharpen!

The other pics are of my new tool rest for lace bobbins etc. Just made for a leftie.

Thanks to Ken W and for the late invite. :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Rum Pig
5th September 2009, 12:12 AM
What is the advantage of the new tool rest for lace bobbins:?

tea lady
5th September 2009, 12:16 AM
What is the advantage of the new tool rest for lace bobbins:?Its shorter so he can get really close.:cool::D

Looking good Jeff. (Fixed up that weed pot yet? :C:D)

issatree
5th September 2009, 03:02 AM
Hi Jefferson,
We will see you on Friday, & I have made a Forum Tag, that I will have on my White Chemical Suit. I had better not put on this Forum what they commonly call them, or I might get thrown out.
Bring some money as there is quite a bit of timber for sale.
See Ya.
Regards,
issatree.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

artme
5th September 2009, 07:43 AM
All good by the looks of things Jefferson.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Two Vicmarcs, two Dewalts! Do everything in pairs do we? :D

Grumpy John
5th September 2009, 08:14 AM
There looks to be a nice pair hanging on the wall next to the calipers too :wink:.

jefferson
5th September 2009, 09:59 AM
(Fixed up that weed pot yet? :C:D)

Tea Lady, yep. I fixed it alright. Into the firewood pile it went. :((

Bring some money as there is quite a bit of timber for sale.
See Ya.
Regards,
issatree.
<INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden>

More money!! The wife won't be happy.

All good by the looks of things Jefferson.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Two Vicmarcs, two Dewalts! Do everything in pairs do we? :D

The two Dewalts really cheesed me off - one of the batteries in the original one packed it in and the replacement was going to be near $200 from All Tools. So I bought another drill with 2 batteries for $400, figuring I got the second driver for free. My logic anyway.

As for pairs, you should see my Makita collection. :wink:

Ed Reiss
5th September 2009, 12:52 PM
There looks to be a nice pair hanging on the wall next to the calipers too :wink:.

...and here you've been bitchin' about you poor eyesight GJ. :o:D

wheelinround
5th September 2009, 02:21 PM
Jefferson you disappointed me with your title here I was thinking you'd be taking Stoners place on the grid.

tea lady
5th September 2009, 11:23 PM
Tea Lady, yep. I fixed it alright. Into the firewood pile it went. :((

:doh: Now I'm gonna have to come up there again and do another one.:(( Damn!:cool::D

issatree
6th September 2009, 02:36 AM
Hi Jeff,
Don't forget you are allowed to take your Lady to. Quite a few of these are non Turners, & they have a bit of a rest as well, from Kitchen Duties.
My Lady, Dot has a wow of a time, & has made so good friends now, as they go for walks, coffee cafe's, Shops are close, 1/2 a K.
Give the Turners a bit of a hurry up, with a bit of cheek, like, " Is that all you've done since we've been gone". They make the weekend.
To see it is to believe it.
Regards,
issatree.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

jefferson
6th September 2009, 12:08 PM
Issatree, yes, the wife (Anne) is coming too. She has some good buddies already (Helen and Julie) - and hopefully will meet some more at PI.

KenW
6th September 2009, 05:07 PM
What is the advantage of the new tool rest for lace bobbins:?
Jeff has copied one of my tool rest. The small off set toolrest allows me to place my left fingers(I'm right handed) behind and around small spindle work for support.