PDA

View Full Version : new block i found for sale

brisbanefitter
6th September 2009, 12:00 AM
i found the perfect rural block out west near dirrinbandi, dont like the asking price of $450...............million.:doh:

cubbie station is up for sale, if we all but in about 100k each perhaps we could buy it, dunno what to do with it though:D

Lignin
6th September 2009, 12:10 AM
Blow the fronts off the holding dams and rejuvenate the Murray-Darling (or some of it):2tsup::2tsup:

brisbanefitter
6th September 2009, 12:15 AM
or open the worlds biggest public swimming pool.

Buzzer
6th September 2009, 09:12 AM
That place needs more water storage, they have obviously run out of water!!!!

conwood
9th September 2009, 03:00 PM
Good idea, then plant thousands/millions of trees for timber, so in 20 years we could be a world exporter of timber. Good for all concerned.

We could set up small communities and industries like milling and manufacturing.

That is my grand idea for pockets of inland Australia..imagine what we could do if we pumped our sewage out there instead of throwing it into the sea. The mind boggles.

cheers
conwood

Waldo
9th September 2009, 03:09 PM
Blow the fronts off the holding dams and rejuvenate the Murray-Darling (or some of it):2tsup::2tsup:

That won't do anything. Below Cubbie is another station also with it's own legal dams that capture water runoff from their own property. It's got nothing to do with pumping water from the Murray-Darling.

Yes, Cubbie have a licence to pump from the Murray-Darling, but a vast % of water captured is from water falling onto their own land and into their own dams.

You try and tell any farmer that he can't capture what falls onto his property. A while back some bureaucrat walked onto FILs 900 acre beef property to tell him he could only capture 10% of water that fell onto his property. The rest had to feed into creeks. But the thing is that all creeks on his property started and ended in his property.

looseless
9th September 2009, 04:20 PM
:2tsup:Maybe we could build floating cubbies?!? :o Bit of water sports, few beers, afternoon sleep bobbing around on the water..................few more beers, quick swim, barbie, few more beers.........get the picture.

Waldo
9th September 2009, 04:21 PM
Now there's an idea. :2tsup:

conwood
9th September 2009, 04:26 PM
we'll set up a brewery with a network of pipes and taps all over the land, so wherever you are there is beer..now we're talking

cheers
conwood

beer is good
9th September 2009, 06:13 PM
Conwood - you are a GENIUS!! A brilliant idea.

:happyb:

conwood
9th September 2009, 06:28 PM
which idea beer is good?
the tree plantings or the beer taps?

as you can see I am full of ideas and full of you know what. :D

cheers
conwood

brisbanefitter
9th September 2009, 10:28 PM
i like the floating cubbies idea from looseless, and the brewer with beer taps on pipes all over the place from conwood.
now, we could have 1 big central float up cubbie with a bar in it, then float all our own cubbies up to the central cubbie to get our beer.
is that too many cubbies on cubbie perhaps?

looseless
9th September 2009, 11:00 PM
I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER.....YEE HAA:2tsup:

We can never have too many cubbies on Cubbie. It'll be cubbie-riffic!!!!!!!:D:D