PDA

View Full Version : Weed pot no. 4

jefferson
6th September 2009, 07:49 PM
Attempt no 2 at getting this thread up.

I know you guys turn better than I do, but here is my entry for Father's Day.

NG Rosewood (I think). It won't handle detail overly well like some of our Oz hardwoods. Chisels were sharp too.

Feeback always welcome. I won't get any better otherwise.

hughie
6th September 2009, 07:52 PM
Nice one Jeff. :2tsup: I have several bowl blanks of PNG Rosewood good to see how the grain looks etc on a finished item.

DJ’s Timber
6th September 2009, 08:06 PM
Dunno why the pics are sideways - perhaps the Mods can fix? :D

Pics are sideways cause you didn't rotate them after you moved them from the camera to your puter, yes I could rotate them but that means I'd have to save them to my puter first, rotate and then re-attach again :doh:

Oh alright then I'll do it it for you, seeing that I know you have trouble with things that have a keyboard in front of it :roll:

Edit: bugger, someone beat me to it, was that you ?

kdm
6th September 2009, 08:08 PM
You're getting really good at these Jeff. You need to call them something else though, weed pot will never cut it. How about spherical based vase form or something like that - suggestions from creative types welcome :U

RETIRED
6th September 2009, 08:13 PM
Pics are sideways cause you didn't rotate them after you moved them from the camera to your puter, yes I could rotate them but that means I'd have to save them to my puter first, rotate and then re-attach again :doh:

Oh alright then I'll do it it for you, seeing that I know you have trouble with things that have a keyboard in front of it :roll:

Edit: bugger, someone beat me to it, was that you ?Yep.

artme
6th September 2009, 09:00 PM
Noice Jeff.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

tea lady
6th September 2009, 09:03 PM
You're getting really good at these Jeff. You need to call them something else though, weed pot will never cut it. How about spherical based vase form or something like that - suggestions from creative types welcome :U

Yes! Certainly could have more than weeds in them.:2tsup:

Skew ChiDAMN!!
6th September 2009, 09:32 PM
:think:

Throw a handful of seeds in, glue in a plug and you'd have a maraca!

Texian
7th September 2009, 12:23 AM
Sometimes called a "Bud Vase" in this area. Third picture seems to a a slight list to starboard. Is that the pot or the picture?

Gil Jones
7th September 2009, 03:57 AM
Real nice weed pot, Jeff.

Rum Pig
7th September 2009, 08:52 AM
Nice weed pot Jeff :2tsup::2tsup:

Ed Reiss
7th September 2009, 12:04 PM
I once had a bong that looked like that:B

jefferson
7th September 2009, 04:33 PM

No, Keith, I'm still unable to make a matching pair. :(

One day I may do a vase, but then I've have to buy more tools for deep hollowing. :rolleyes:

The weed pot does waste a lot of wood too. I suppose I could cut most of the top off on the bandsaw and save for pen blanks (for someone else, not me).

Thanks all for the words of encouragement.

NeilS
7th September 2009, 04:59 PM
:2tsup:

Perhaps try slightly more flare at top with No 5 and see what you think.

Bud or specimen vase sounds better.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/19th-Century-Meiji-Period-Kutani-Specimen-Vase-Signed_W0QQitemZ380151944059QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090824?IMSfp=TL090824167003r29726

jefferson
7th September 2009, 05:50 PM
Thanks, Neil.

I like the form on the pottery link. But how do I hollow? You guys are way beyond me, but I will catch up in 2018. :wink: