PDA

View Full Version : Norm versus David Marks

HappyHammer
30th July 2004, 02:16 PM
Couldn't see this anywhere so thought I'd ask the question as I've seen talk about these guys on other threads.

My vote goes very narrowly to David Marks as he uses a lot more hand tools which is helping me appreciate the machine free aspects of woodworking.

Although if talking about general construction and versatility it might go to Norm, a hard choice.........

HH

craigb
30th July 2004, 04:09 PM
You need a fourth option: Have Foxtel but not digital

Don't know David Marks.

HappyHammer
30th July 2004, 04:12 PM
Oh yeah he's on a digital only channel "HowTo"

HappyHammer
30th July 2004, 04:55 PM
Looks like Foxtel is a lot less common than I thought, I've got to get out of this bubble, maybe I'll start a poll on who has foxtel / Digital / TV.....

HH

Driver
30th July 2004, 04:57 PM
I don't have Foxtel digital either so I don't know who David Marks is. But even if I did, I'd still vote for the sainted Norm.

"Secure it with a couple brads. Ooooo . . Kay"

Christopha
30th July 2004, 05:01 PM
What the hell is a foxtel and is Samantha Foxxx in it? :confused:

HappyHammer
30th July 2004, 05:04 PM
What the hell is a foxtel and is Samantha Foxxx in it? :confused:
Sam Fox, that's a blast from the past, not sure I'd like to see her topless now....

HH

Gumby
30th July 2004, 05:11 PM
Sam Fox, that's a blast from the past, not sure I'd like to see her topless now....

HH

Me either.....we are shhowing our age boys !

hexbaz
30th July 2004, 06:55 PM
She's still a foxy chick! ... http://www.samfox.com/

She and a gaggle of hangers-on walked past me in a hotel foyer recently - prettly lady.

Driver
30th July 2004, 07:23 PM
Me either.....we are shhowing our age boys !

I second that - I wouldn't want to see you topless. either! :eek:

Gumby
30th July 2004, 07:42 PM
She's still a foxy chick! ... http://www.samfox.com/

She and a gaggle of hangers-on walked past me in a hotel foyer recently - prettly lady.

I know which bit I'd be hanging on to :D :D (Both hands !)

HappyHammer
30th July 2004, 09:53 PM
OK she doesn't look bad for her age, how much airbrushing has been done on those pictures though?

HH

QldWoodie
2nd August 2004, 10:57 AM
I've got Foxtel but I have no idea where to look for Norm or David Marks.

Would the TV-aware members of this forum please tell me how I can get to view these shows?

Thanks

Qw

craigb
2nd August 2004, 01:00 PM
I've got Foxtel but I have no idea where to look for Norm or David Marks.

Would the TV-aware members of this forum please tell me how I can get to view these shows?

Thanks

Qw

QW,

Norm is on the New Yankee Workshop on the lifestyle channel Saturday mornings @9.30. He's also on This Old House again on lifestyle Monday's @7.30 pm.

David Marks is on Fox Digital, which I don't have so can't help you with him.

Craig

QldWoodie
2nd August 2004, 01:12 PM
Thanks. I'll watch this old house tonight.

Qw

Kris.Parker1
5th August 2004, 11:39 PM
This old house what a great show. Watch it avidly even two or three times a week if I can manage.

vsquizz
6th August 2004, 11:06 PM
I have this image of Norm in the workshop with Sam Fox on the bench???..

"just a couple screws" "they don't call us yankees for nothin"

Sorry

Toggy
6th August 2004, 11:12 PM
David Marks is on How To channel 118 at 10.30pm & about 6.30am and somewhere late morning.

Ken

Robert WA
6th August 2004, 11:15 PM
Foxtel??? I had a fox tail hanging off my car arial when I was a young buck.

These days there is not much point in doing that sort of thing to attract chicks. I wouldn't know what to do with one if it worked.

I presume this Foxtel thing is something to do with those telephone ringy thingies and wirelesses that show pictures. That Telstra company has promised we will have stuff like that down here sometime in the next 50 years. In the meantime I will just have to manage with Post Office connected modem, but it sure costs a lot in stamps. When they introduced airmail it sure speeded thing up for us.

HappyHammer
16th August 2004, 12:02 PM
Please take a look at another thread re: David Marks, I think you'll see he's a little different to Norm.

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=10755

HH.

nik
16th August 2004, 01:27 PM
It was a tough one, but i went for David Marks aswell, basically because he uses a wide variety of hand tools and makes different sorts of furniture, and as for Norm, well he is still Norm, nobody can take that away from him, although that photo of him you can get from his website seems a bit suss. But he is great on this old house. By the way, does anybody else think they are going a little bit over the top with that barn they are currently doing? And another thing, Now that Steve is gone from this old house, Does anybody else think that he wore a wig? Coz that thing he had on his head could prorobly meow or something like that. In fact, that would be a good poll, if steve wore a wig or not.

By the way, I've got Austar Digital, and it aint as good as what everybody claimed it to be, same with foxtel digital, my gran has it and it is pretty average. But i think it did turn out cheaper for us, coz we had the austar gold and when it switched to digital we saved a couple of dollars.

Nik.

HappyHammer
17th August 2004, 10:44 AM
Wig or not Steve was better than the new guy, he looks scared to get his hands dirty.

HH.

nik
17th August 2004, 12:35 PM
I've only been watching this old house now for a couple of years, and in all of them i never actually saw steve do anything at all. But I have to agree with you, steve was better than kevin. Kevin just seems to me that he's somewhat of a knob. But, just like steve's wig, kevin might grow up to be better than steve himself.

I guess time will tell.

Nik