PDA

View Full Version : WA:Swap Mobile miller - Perth WA

Danielle
8th September 2009, 03:09 PM
Hi everyone

Does anyone know of a mobile miller in the Perth Area. My partner and I have just purchased 5 acres in Chidlow and the house envelope has some trees which need to be removed.

I would like to recycle the timber.

There seems to be around 8 smaller trees (living) and a pretty big (Wandoo??) tree (which is not alive and has fire damage).

We are happy to share product with Miller and/or pay cash.

If you could help us with this or know of any who can, I would really appreciate if you could send me a PM.

Thanks
Danielle

John Saxton
8th September 2009, 08:15 PM
Hi everyone

Does anyone know of a mobile miller in the Perth Area. My partner and I have just purchased 5 acres in Chidlow and the house envelope has some trees which need to be removed.
Thanks
Danielle

Hi Danielle

Look up Burnsy(he is in the members list) he has a mobile milling saw and he might be able to help you out.

Cheers:)

Danielle
8th September 2009, 08:42 PM
Many thanks John

I'll do that!!

jocelynp
14th September 2009, 02:22 PM
I have just made the same inquiry. We are doing the same in Bedfordale.

Have had contact from a man called Mike (woodwork forum name is Burnsy)
his mobile no is 0409312307 he operates out of Kelmscott. Maybe you would like to call him.

Hi everyone

I would like to recycle the timber.

There seems to be around 8 smaller trees (living) and a pretty big (Wandoo??) tree (which is not alive and has fire damage).

We are happy to share product with Miller and/or pay cash.

If you could help us with this or know of any who can, I would really appreciate if you could send me a PM.

Thanks
Danielle

nifty
15th September 2009, 02:23 PM
Mike Burns is your man, im too far away. If the wandoo is dead andbeen down for a while, good luck cutting it, its hard enough cutting it fresh down. It is also a good idea before contacting a sawyer to have some photos of the trees/logs you can email so he can get a basic idea what he may be up against:2tsup:

Burnsy
15th September 2009, 09:45 PM
It is also a good idea before contacting a sawyer to have some photos of the trees/logs you can email so he can get a basic idea what he may be up against:2tsup:

Good point Nev. Been and looked at both Danielle and Jocleyn's trees and unfortunately neither of them had much great timber that would easily do what they wanted. I was in their areas anyway and I always like to have a look first if possible so it was no problem. It is great to see people making the effort to try and salvage the timber from the house pads:2tsup:

John Saxton
18th September 2009, 08:13 PM
It is great to see people making the effort to try and salvage the timber from the house pads:2tsup:

I have to agree there Mike, often see too much of forest product bulldozed into piles, and burn't, a wasted resource not even offered to old folk as firewood let alone w'workers who could use it to downstream use otr the timber.:((

Cheers:)