PDA

View Full Version : Baby boat cradle plan needed

Wild Dingo
30th July 2004, 04:38 PM
Ive recently {this morning!! :D } learnt that Im to be a granpa! so I am looking for plans for cradles the rocking type preferably in the shape of a boat since I and my mob are nuts about boats I thought it would be great to make a small crib type thing for the newborn when they show up in a few months time!

So if anyone can help me locate some plans it would be very much appreciated

Thanks for any responses :cool:

bitingmidge
30th July 2004, 05:18 PM
There's a beauty in Wooden Boat Magazine #147. As I recall it can be used as a rocker, then as a real sailing model as well. From memory it was designed by William Garden as an added bonus.

I'll see if I can hunt it up if you like!

Cheers,
P :D

Wild Dingo
31st July 2004, 12:55 PM
P :D ...Thanks mate! Ive got that one! mmmm must get that cd out and have a gander

GOT IT!! "Nod" right? Never take much notice of Gardens designs I find theyre too busy... this is excellent though thanks again! :cool:

DPB
31st July 2004, 03:18 PM
Is it your intetion to hide the babe amongst the bullrushes? :D

Wild Dingo
31st July 2004, 10:37 PM
:D Nah Ive decided to give the bub a headstart in life and get them on the water early! :p Gotta get a sailor out of some kid or other only one in this mob of 8 maybe the next edition will give me another sidekick?... start em early! :cool: So every time one of the 8 give me the hoi that theres a newy on the way Im gonna make another boat cradle!!! someones gotta WANT to be me second mate!!! :rolleyes:

bitingmidge
1st August 2004, 08:27 PM
P :D ...Thanks mate! Ive got that one! mmmm must get that cd out and have a gander

GOT IT!! "Nod" right? Never take much notice of Gardens designs I find theyre too busy... this is excellent though thanks again! :cool:
Yep "Nod!"

Saved me the scanning anyway!

I've been working on simplifying a couple of Garden rowing boats, but probably won't get round to building them!

Have just finished prototyping the panels on a new stitch and tape canoe by/for/with Michael Storer, so feel obliged to build that next!!

Keep us posted on what cradle you build won't you?? I think I like Nod though...my time will come you see.....

Cheers,

P :D :D :D

Wild Dingo
2nd August 2004, 02:33 AM
I printed it off mate and she looks fine... I just get annoyed with Gardens busy style its frustrating with all the stuff he draws and the notes he makes within the plans... and the pdf printed some info too small to read so am transcribing from the woodenboat cd {in pdf form} to the paper plans all takes time... but Gardens plans are what I call "too busy" tends to draw teddy bears and pelicans and stuff in the plans along with his handwriting it just drives me nuts!... Anyways no worries thanks for pointing them out to me mate :cool:

I put a post up on the woodenboat site and am presently waiting on the US AUS postal nightmare service to land on my doorstep some plans from a mate up there whos sending something down that he's used and while waiting Im presently trying to redraw the old Valgerda design by Atkin {norse viking style} downward to 3ft from 18ft which is giving me some joy ;)

Actually I began playing around with Iain Oughtreds Grey Seal {my avitar} tonight in an attempt to make it down to 5ft from 22ft keeping the cabin in the forward position and make that area into a nappy and clothes holder storage area accessable from the hatch still leaving a 3ft area for the bub to lay and wriggle around in :p

That canoe sounds interesting :cool:

bitingmidge
2nd August 2004, 01:12 PM
Shane,

The Grey Seal has probably got the makings of something good at that scale! You could use the mast as a mossie net holder too!

Probably need to scale the width down by one third rather than a quarter to keep the proportion suitably chubby?

Will post more on the canoe on a new thread..

Cheers,

P

o_ey
20th September 2004, 11:04 PM
Hello,
I was wondering if someone could help me find a link for plans to build a cot in the shape of a boat as you have mentioned above.
It is for a relative who is having a baby in March of next year, and i too am going to be a father for the first time in April of next year, so we are looking for ideas as they are keen Water skiers and are looking for plans to make a cot themed on boats. Any ideas/links emails or plan pictures would be great.
Regards

pouti
8th November 2008, 11:34 PM
Ive recently {this morning!! :D } learnt that Im to be a granpa! so I am looking for plans for cradles the rocking type preferably in the shape of a boat since I and my mob are nuts about boats I thought it would be great to make a small crib type thing for the newborn when they show up in a few months time!

So if anyone can help me locate some plans it would be very much appreciated

Thanks for any responses :cool:
For your cradle plans go to duck trap woodworking and contact my good buddy Walter Simmons ,he will fix you up ,he as beautifull models and incredible plans.

wheelinround
9th November 2008, 08:56 PM
For your cradle plans go to duck trap woodworking and contact my good buddy Walter Simmons ,he will fix you up ,he as beautifull models and incredible plans.

This thread is 4 years old .................he's become a grandfather twice just this year 2008:doh:

Wild Dingo
10th November 2008, 01:46 AM
This thread is 4 years old .................he's become a grandfather twice just this year 2008:doh:

Wow what a grumpy old buggar your becoming young wheelin me ol cobber! :q

4 years?... wow have now got 5 grandies and not one flamin cradle did I end up making between them :doh: :C

Sooo hey as the 5 so far dropped from their respective ovens are from the first 3 children and as theres 5 more nippers to produce grandies and knowing that at least 2 of the 3 who have will no doubt produce more... I reckon theres a good chance I will end up making one!! :2tsup: When things settle down that is :roll:

AND!!! Its besides the point me ol china how old the thread is... theres little doubt that theres at least 3 or 4 maybe a lot more forumites about to either have a nipper themselves or become a poppy that the information in and of itself is BLOODY BRILLIANT!!! :2tsup:

So cheer up ol cobber she'll be right! :q

Now Im gonna find that Duck Trap woodworkin site and make contact!! Whats that sayin? Better late than never?? Thats the one! :; So from this proud poppy to "pouti" thank you kindly! :2tsup: and dont worry about ol grumpyarse up there he gets these moods on see nothin to worry bout he'll soon regain his usual dashing smile and friendly grin :U

Cheers
Shane

ooh and heres the web page concerned boat cradle (http://www.duck-trap.com/2002lw.html) and it IS sweet!!

http://www.duck-trap.com/anthony3.jpg

wheelinround
11th November 2008, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the compliment Ding :U seeing how I is older than ya.

I see your still procrastinating as per usual :roll: 5 grandies later and still no cradle maybe you should make it their first fishing boat instead :D for their 21st or 30th birthday.............that would make you about 80 ish by the time you finish Ding best gets started now eh.:;

Wild Dingo
12th November 2008, 12:43 AM
Good greif you know me THAT well???? :o Strewth I just gotta get a life!!! :doh:

mmmm babys cradle... ah well I reckon theres a fair few more to come so no big rush eh? :q and think about it I mean a blokes best work isnt done till hes over the hill... thats right isnt it Ray??? :U:U:U

Cheers
Shane