PDA

View Full Version : Visit

Ed Reiss
11th September 2009, 11:51 AM
If any of you blokes or shielas get out to the Philly area and need a place to hang your hat for a while, your invited to stay with us. We dont do shrimp on the barbie but we do have plenty of beer and such...gives us a call at (856)303-0576 or e-mail me [email protected]

Serial killers need not call, nor cat lovers:no::no::D

Rum Pig
11th September 2009, 01:54 PM
No plans at this stage but if I ever do I will be taking you up on your most generous offer.
And please if you land this way well you know what to do:)

Oh I HATE cats :U

Sawdust Maker
11th September 2009, 10:47 PM
I know someone who has a cat :doh:
does that preclude me?

In fact my neighbour has a cat, anyone got a gun, blwdy thing :((

Cliff Rogers
11th September 2009, 11:22 PM
I'm alergic to cats.

Texian
12th September 2009, 12:39 AM
Boo, hiss, snarl, hiss!

Rum Pig
12th September 2009, 01:00 AM
Boo, hiss, snarl, hiss!
Now where did I put my .270:U:D:q:U
:minigun::minigun:

Grumpy John
12th September 2009, 08:28 AM
Love me, love my cat & dog.

eisbaer
12th September 2009, 09:09 AM
i love all animals and have 2 cats. There's quite a big cat hatred thing in my area which is why i keep them both indoors. This in turn stops them from adding to the problem of killing off native fauna, which cats are wont to do. Of course humans do much worse but we can't keep them indoors all the time. Pity.

Ed Reiss
12th September 2009, 12:20 PM
now before anyone starts boiling the tar and plucking the chickens for the tar and feathering get-together, let me explain about the cat...it's name is Smudge and it is most definitely my wife's, but who does Smudge go to to rub itself against...not her, and who does the cat try to trip up when coming down the steps...not her:~

Anyway, lets just say that I prefer our 2 dogs over the spawn from hell cat:D

Peace and Love

Grumpy John
12th September 2009, 12:44 PM
this (http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=103969) was meant for you then, Ed :D.

eisbaer
12th September 2009, 01:35 PM
my cats don't love me. They love olivewood. They seek it out in my garage. It's as if they get high on the scent. I'll post a video :)

Texian
12th September 2009, 02:39 PM
Got no place here to put you up, but feel free to stop by here also for a beer. Unless you're allergic to dogs or cats or whitetail deer.

Ad de Crom
12th September 2009, 06:04 PM
My neighbors have two cats, one is a big red cat and my backyard is his territory.
He marked the trees in my backyard with his urine, and if another cat dare it to show himself in my backyard, a big fight with the big red cat is waiting for him.
To me he's always very kind.
Oh well, natural behavior of cats.
Ed I hope you don't drink Heineken or Grols beer, I use that stuff only to brush my tooth with.
Ad :D

Grumpy John
12th September 2009, 06:41 PM
Grols gives me the worst headaches I've ever had, even worse than a big night on Bundy Rum.

skot
12th September 2009, 06:43 PM
Ed ,
I had a fleeting visit to Philly back in '98. Loved the city (what little I saw of it). I took my family to the States & Philly was the first time I hired a car in USA and drove on the Right hand side of the road.

I was sweating while we were coming in to land and SWMBO asked if there was anything wrong...I said "No of course not...we were landing at 7.30pm in a city I have never been in...driving on the opposite side of the road for the first time...and had to find my way to our accommodation in the centre of the city...why would I be worried.

BUT...I loved Philly

Wongdai
12th September 2009, 10:24 PM
Bewdy Ed. You're a bloody bottler! :2tsup:

hughie
12th September 2009, 10:46 PM
I
was sweating while we were coming in to land and SWMBO asked if there was anything wrong...I said "No of course not...we were landing at 7.30pm in a city I have never been in...driving on the opposite side of the road for the first time...and had to find my way to our accommodation in the centre of the city...why would I be worried.
Sounds all too familiar :U

As for animals, started out with a big dog, a 46kg German Shepherd and now have a Burmese cat that thinks its a dog, follows me around and likes to watch me turn. :?

But I have fond memories of the US of A, got hitched there :U

GC
12th September 2009, 10:49 PM
Nice one Ed,

We in Oz, find that shrimp goes better on the barbie than cats, as the fur sticks to the hotplate.

GC:D

(cat lovers need not tear strips off me, it's a joke to confuse our American friends)

artme
13th September 2009, 01:03 AM
Great of you to be so generous Ed.
The Oz word for shrimp is prawn And we love copious quantities of the amber fluid and a red stuphph derived from Grapes.
Good quality steak is also appreciated, as are replays of Australia winning the America's Cup.:D:D:p

Ed Reiss
13th September 2009, 12:11 PM

which is which...oh, wait, GJ must be the one that has the light shining off the dome:q:D

I know someone who has a cat :doh:
does that preclude me?

Only if you decide to cart a stray home some day :roll:

Ed Reiss
13th September 2009, 12:15 PM
My neighbors have two cats, one is a big red cat and my backyard is his territory.
He marked the trees in my backyard with his urine, and if another cat dare it to show himself in my backyard, a big fight with the big red cat is waiting for him.
To me he's always very kind.
Oh well, natural behavior of cats.
Ed I hope you don't drink Heineken or Grols beer, I use that stuff only to brush my tooth with.
Ad :D

Let us know when your stopping by Ad...I'll stock up on your favorite toothpaste sub

Bewdy Ed. You're a bloody bottler! :2tsup:

Translation needed on this one, but I'll take it as a compliment

Ed Reiss
13th September 2009, 12:17 PM
Great of you to be so generous Ed.
The Oz word for shrimp is prawn And we love copious quantities of the amber fluid and a red stuphph derived from Grapes.
Good quality steak is also appreciated, as are replays of Australia winning the America's Cup.:D:D:p

yea well...it's still called the America's Cup, now aint it?:q:p:D:D

orificiam
13th September 2009, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the offer Ed --Never say Never.
Cheers Tony.:)

RETIRED
13th September 2009, 11:26 PM
Cat jokes and recipes have been done to death (no pun intended) here before.:rolleyes:

Ed Reiss
14th September 2009, 11:46 AM
but they never seem to get old...do they:D

Manuka Jock
14th September 2009, 12:39 PM
yea well...it's still called the America's Cup, now aint it?:q:p:D:D

So named after the first recipient , a boat , not a nation .:rolleyes:

Allan at Wallan
14th September 2009, 08:35 PM

Well, whaddya know ... I should have expected it.

A Collingwood supporter who loves Cats.

What is the world coming to.:D

Allan

Grumpy John
14th September 2009, 09:15 PM
A Collingwood supporter who loves Cats.

Allan

And dogs, pretty mixed up eh!