PDA

View Full Version : bending resin

MBUMIK
19th September 2009, 12:41 PM
howdy doody

after looking at Amos's area 51 pen, which is awsome if you didn't notice my post, i am wondering if you were to cast some 5-6mm sheets of resin, once it has set would you be able to cut it into shapes then heat it up and bend it around a pen tube to gain the shape of the tube before glueing it on

if you could do this then you would be able to make a pickie and cast again to fill in the spaces

food for thought and i will probably try it regardless sometime over the next couple of weeks

interested in your thoughts

MIK

dj_pnevans
19th September 2009, 02:17 PM
I say you could use a heat gun. If you cut the shape you want then get a file around the same size as your tube then file it to fit around the tube that way the glue will stick better to the resin. Let us know when you do it.
David

Resination
19th September 2009, 11:58 PM
You can heat it and bend it, but I don't know if you could bend it that tight in circumference without it breaking. It might have to be really thin to accomplish it.
You will need to have a form to hold it to until it re-cures. You will also want to over bend it since it has a memory to it and wants to regain it's original shape.
Hope that helps.