PDA

View Full Version : Hello All- From Oak Creek, Wisconsin-- USA

JimNY9T
26th September 2009, 01:47 PM
Hi All:
Name here is Jim, and in case you have not figured it out- I am also an amateur radio operator with the call of NY9T. This is my first post but with luck it will not be my last.

I have been a woodworker for most of my 56 years. I work in business communications- radios and all that stuff-- and play with tools to clear my mind. Our radios are all now computer controlled so I figured why not my router. Am just putting the finishing touches on my CNC Router.

Not much to say yet except I have enjoyed reading the forum. It seems that world wide woodworkers are a good bunch of folks.

Hope your big dust storm is over.
Jim

snowyskiesau
26th September 2009, 03:52 PM
G'day Jim, welcome to the forum.

Be sure to check out the CNC forum if you haven't already, very knowledgeable and helpful group of blokes there.

Another dust storm today, not as bad as the one earlier in the week.

artme
26th September 2009, 11:27 PM
G'day Jim and welcome to the collective madness.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

You are correct in saying that, worldwide, woodworkers are a great bunck of folk. Looks like we have anther to add to the collection.

Ad de Crom
26th September 2009, 11:39 PM
Hi Jim, very welcome.
For cnc folks there is a subforum on this forum, so check it out, maybe you discovered it already.
Anyway have fun, you did the best choice with register yourself to this best forum on earth.
Ad

munruben
27th September 2009, 07:44 AM
Welcome Jim, good to have you aboard:2tsup:

Christos
28th September 2009, 10:10 PM
Welcome to the forum.

As for the dust storm, give a day or two and soon Australia will be part of the US.

Already hit our brothers in New Zealand :U

JimNY9T
29th September 2009, 01:28 PM
Hi All:
Sorry it took so long to say thanks. Work has been keeping me very busy, and what little time that has been available- my wife has me getting the house ready for winter.

Soon I should have more time for the shop.

Thanks
Jim

les88
30th September 2009, 08:38 AM
Hi Jim
welcome to the forum ...getting the house ready for winter do you have big snow dumps?
or like were I am not much snow just cold i.e -8 c is about the limit.
les