PDA

View Full Version : Doorstop?

Wild Dingo
5th August 2004, 03:17 AM
What the blazes has happened? I was directed to this forum by Doorstop awhile back and remember him being a pretty frequent poster... so where the heck has he gone and where are all his threads?? I went looking for on about his boat in particular but its gone yep I went through every damned thread in the boats section where it was and... nothing!

So what the heck happened? has he just departed and his posts been deleted or did he delete them? was he banned? geezus if so what the heck happened?!!! ...and while Im at it wheres Ken? strewth! I wander away for a while come back and all hecks broken loose??

Both contributed a fair bit in their own irreverent way so Im just wondering why both have gone... or at least I cant find any references to them

? Neil? Hope Im not touchin some raw nerve with this if so I will delete it but both those blokes got me interested in this forum.

Tankstand
5th August 2004, 06:04 AM
Wild Dingo, Doorstoppers commited Administrative Suicide (So the story goes) :rolleyes:

But he has reincarnated himself as Christopha, not hard to find, he's the forum member totally in the red.

As for Ken :eek: , I'll let the others fill you in on that one!

Zed
5th August 2004, 08:30 AM
KEnmil sent a flaming "last post" and resigned however its understood that he may be lurking or in another guise.

Wild Dingo
5th August 2004, 12:47 PM
Thanks fellas I havent seen anything from either since I came back so I stated looking around and couldnt find a thing... administrative suicide? now thats a good one!!... I will take that to mean something to do with having a go at the moderators and moderators geting antsy and seeya later Ken... happens... So now Im wondering why theres nothing at all left on the board by Stoppers... hes Christopha now?? damn this is starting to get weird :rolleyes:

Not gonna worry about it just wondered is all so thanks fellas

its the nature of the net I guess people come and people go... sorta like life eh? no worries :cool:

DanP
5th August 2004, 01:47 PM
Stoppers was an administrator and therefore able to delete. He deleted himself. Hence Administrative Suicide. This had the unfortunate side effect of deleting ALL of his posts.

As for Ken, he followed the sook/quit trend that was going on at the time, BUT, he didn't relent.

Dan

ubeaut
6th August 2004, 01:18 AM
Wild Dingo - the following is taken from a thread in the "Nothing at all to do with woodwork" forum and may shed a bit if light on the demise of both Doorstop and Kenmill.

Kenmill spat the dummy as did Doorstop. However, in Kenmills case we at least had control over the state of disrepair his dummy spit would leave the forums in.

As said, deleting posts from a long time contributor can completely stuff up a whole heap of threads. We weren't about to have that happen again so we chose one of the two options open to us.

There are two ways to keep threads of a member who has (for want of a better word) resigned. One is to have their posts show as those of a guest. However there's no way Kenmill will be welcome as a guest by any of the administrators or moderators of these forums so I chose the alternative and labelled him as banned.

Funny isn't it, the two people that both and myself have saved from serious law suits both spat the dummy over something trivial.

Neil

PS if you want to see Kenmils reason for leaving (dummy spit) do a search for "farewell", you won't find the offensive stuff that was deleted but then again you won't find any of the really offensive stuff as it is deleted before many people get a chance to see it and be offended. Goodonya .

PPS If you want to see Doorstop's reason of the dummy spit......... bad luck nothing of his remains, he eradicated himself completely, except for a few alter ego's

And this from last November when he did the dummy spit.

Doorstop was very naughty. I just found out that he decided he had, had enough abuse from all and sundry (yours truely included) and in a morbid fit of the sads used his recently aquired administrative powers to deleted himself as a member.

I for one am very sad to see his demise and am extremely disapointed with his actions. His leaving has left a big hole in these forums and I mean that literally. In deleting himself from membership he has automatically deleted all of his posts thus depriving people of his expertise, considerable knowledge and boundless humour.

His leaving will be lamented by many and probably aclaimed by the odd few. Whatever, he will be sorely missed.

Neil

Wild Dingo
6th August 2004, 01:34 AM
Thanks Neil... Stoppers is a bloody good bloke from my experience and its a shame he felt that he had to do that sort of thing... I appreciate your comments of the time as well I think he would if he ever read them.

Well thanks all for clearing that up for me