Features:
Depth Rod
360° Side Handle
Variable Speed Pre-Selection
Forward/Reverse
Lock On Switch
Belt Hook
Spirit Level

I know you’re going to say this is a cheap drill. I already have a good cordless. I brought this drill for two main purposes. 1 as a second drill when I’m installing Piping for my dad’s water tank so I don’t have to keep swapping drill bits and waste time and 2 as a drill to put in my drill stand as my other drills chuck was too big to fit through the hole. Performance is good at the moment as the drill is only two days old. The only down side to the drill at the moment is the depth rod is made out of
plastic. All in all it is a pretty good drill for the purpose in which I brought it for.

http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr264/georgia_015/015.jpg
http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr264/georgia_015/016.jpg
http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr264/georgia_015/017.jpg
http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr264/georgia_015/017.jpg
http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr264/georgia_015/019.jpg

orraloon
5th October 2009, 05:09 PM
Harrison,
I have had one for a few years now. Same reason as you. I wanted a second drill to save swapping bits all the time. I now use it for power sanding at the lathe. Of all the power tools I have ever had this one was the biggest surprise (in a good way). It has far surpassed my expectations. $15 very well spent indeed. I would have been happy to get through the deck build with it and bin it when it died but it has lived on. I will replace it with another when it finally expires as a second drill is handy to have around. My brother has the XUI electric plane and reckons it is quite good also. They look to be copies of makita.
Regards
John

petersemple
5th October 2009, 05:20 PM
I bought one of these (different brand - same drill) at Crazy Clarks ages ago, back when $50 was an absolute bargain for an electric drill. It's about 12 or 13 years old now and still going great.

Peter

Harrison
5th October 2009, 09:15 PM
I didn't know they made planes.
Harrison:2tsup:

orraloon
6th October 2009, 12:01 AM
As far as I have seen they have drills, angle grinders, heat guns (also good value) and the plane. They only appear at bunnies at odd times so dont quite know the marketing logic behind this. As cheap tools go, worth checking out.
Usual disclaimers, I am not connected to this brand or the marketing of it.

petersemple
6th October 2009, 09:48 AM
The heat gun is good value, but my first one only worked for a few hours before it died. SOmebody else I talked to had it die after the same number of hours use. I got mine replaced under warranty and the second one is going fine still. I guess you have to keep going back until you get a decent one. Quality control on the heat guns may be a little lax.

Peter

Harrison
6th October 2009, 04:02 PM
the tools are made by ozito i think, well thats the website they give on the manual.

Charleville
10th October 2009, 09:03 AM
These are a stunning drill for the $.

I bought one from Bunnings at around $15 and just don't seem to be able to wear it out.

I subsequently bought a second one, reasoning that when the first one wears out, I will have another cheapie at hand. Have not had to open the box on the second one, yet.

Excellent value.

Where precision is involved, I like to buy good stuff - eg Makita, Bosch, Jet etc. However for a ratty old hand drill to use around the house, a $15 drill of the quality of this brand is good enough for me and I have done a surprising amount of work with it over the past three or so years.

That 1/2" chuck is very handy.

I also have the angle grinder in this brand which I bought to save me regularly changing from cutting blade to grinding wheel and vice versa on my Bosch when I am doing a bit of welding at home. It is not the same quality as the Bosch but still very good value for the money.

:)

Dogga68
15th October 2009, 10:06 PM
Yes thats right Ozito do bring the product into Australia. The Planer is no longer part of the XU1 range. It was an exact copy of a Makita 1900B great if you needed spare parts for your Makita

Dogga

ptrott
2nd December 2009, 09:46 PM
I bought an XU1 power saw about 9 years ago to do a small job when I was away in a country town. I expected it would die fairly quickly. WRONG!!!!
It has been used and abused and refuses to die. I used it to cut huge full length channels out of the back of 6 old jarrah railway sleepers (2 metres long) to fit over walls as door frames. That alone should have killed it.
I also have a Ozito belt sander that has done loads of paint stripping with very course belts, which load the machine to the max. Again, it has proved un-stoppable, although I have to say that what the belt sander lacks in finesse, it makes up for in weight and noise. Not at all pleasant to use, but a brute.
Conclusion:- Don't buy these cheapies expecting to get refined ergonomic quite pleasant to use machines, but don't underestimate their staying power under extreme conditions.

Harrison
24th December 2009, 05:37 PM
for some reason i was bored and went on new zelands bunnigns website to look at their catualgoe and they have the XU1 plane over there but huh they dont have the drill

ribonzz
1st February 2010, 09:35 PM
I have never use that kind of drill before, but it has pretty low energy use, only 500 Watt. Is it strong?

mjmjm
1st February 2010, 09:39 PM
I like XU1 stuff. I'll buy more.

Harrison
2nd February 2010, 03:48 PM
was at the market on the weekend and they had a XU1 miter saw.

ribonzz as i havent used many drills i cant realy compare and i dont use it ar full speed as its not nesisary for what im doing but its not that strang that it breaks your wrist

Harison:2tsup:

ribonzz
4th February 2010, 08:48 PM
was at the market on the weekend and they had a XU1 miter saw.

ribonzz as i havent used many drills i cant realy compare and i dont use it ar full speed as its not nesisary for what im doing but its not that strang that it breaks your wrist

Harison:2tsup:

Haha, who wants to use drill for maximum speed? For digging the oil? LOL :P
I mean, is it as strong as the 800 watt or more drills? There must be a power difference between them :)

Avery
4th February 2010, 08:56 PM
We have an XU1 mitre saw at the Men's Shed that I go to. It was old when it was donated and looked to be quite well used. It still does a surprisingly good job. The blade is branded "Ozito" - I think it is the original fitted. It still makes quite acceptable cuts.

Harrison
5th February 2010, 10:38 PM
its only $20 whats there to loose?
if it aint good enough im sure it would stir paint with one of those mixer atachements for drills.