PDA

View Full Version : 140mm saw blade

Harrison
3rd October 2009, 10:58 PM
Went down to bunnings today to buy some cup hooks for a project. while i was there i niked into the tool shop to buy a 140mm circular saw blade. brought it home and dosnt fit ovet the spindel. irwin was the only brand there and it was made for a cordless drill. Can anyone point me in the right direction in finding the right fit blade for my saw.
Thanks Harrison:2tsup:

ian
3rd October 2009, 11:16 PM
circular saw blades are described by a series of numbers
blade diameter -- in your case 140mm
arbor (spindle) size — common sizes are 16mm and 25mm or 5/8 and 1" depending where your saw comes from often a larger arbor hole can be fitted with a reducer (which is often packed with the blade) to bring it down to a smaller size
number of teeth -- the more the better if cutting plywood or veneer board, not many if you're ripping

who made your saw?
what numbers are written on your current blade?

DJ’s Timber
4th October 2009, 12:42 AM
Can anyone point me in the right direction in finding the right fit blade for my saw.

It would help if you could tell us what saw you have for a start :doh:

Harrison
5th October 2009, 09:23 PM
yeah:doh:silly me
Its a black and decker. one of those mustard colur ones. its around 20 years old say my dad as he brought it for a one off job. and im still using the original blade. its slows up now as it is blunt. ill get back to you tomorow as the saw is locked up at the moment.
Harrison:2tsup:

China
5th October 2009, 10:36 PM
Why not just sharpen the original

rrobor
5th October 2009, 11:36 PM
I agree take the blade off and usually the local hardware store has a sharpening service or knows who does it. Bout 20 bucks and your blade is new again as long as all teeth are correct. Again it depends what you want to cut. If unsure of the wood I use a cheap Chinese blade. I bought a 12ins blade for $20. If I hit a nail with that then its not a disaster. My quality blades I use for quality wood.