PDA

View Full Version : The young ?

Woodwould
5th October 2009, 02:16 PM
http://toolemera.com/Trades%20%26%20Crafts/Resources/turnercat.jpg

bellyup
5th October 2009, 02:55 PM
I've just realised as I look that the tailstock is a cat and there's something like a dog at the headstock end - though to look at the bloke you wouldn't think he had a sense of humour . One hell of a face plate hanging on the tent wall!!:oo:

RETIRED
5th October 2009, 03:01 PM
Ah yes! I remember it well. The banjo was supposed to be a mouse but where they wanted to put the tool post was a bit obscene.:wink::D

Groggy
5th October 2009, 03:03 PM
one end to take the bark off and the other makes kitty litter :)

This fella has not got a Tormek! Can't be a real turner then can he :U

Woodwould
5th October 2009, 03:13 PM
one end to take the bark off and the other makes kitty litter :)
Top! :U

tea lady
5th October 2009, 05:29 PM
I've just realised as I look that the tailstock is a cat and there's something like a dog at the headstock end - though to look at the bloke you wouldn't think he had a sense of humour . One hell of a face plate hanging on the tent wall!!:oo:

:think: I thought it was only circular saws that went meow! :doh:

Ozkaban
5th October 2009, 07:30 PM
Awesome photo Woodwould! I love the cat/dog detail. People just don't put that amount of effort in these days.

Mind you, could you imagine calling up the company and saying 'I've broken the ears of my tailstock'??? :D:D:D

cheers,
Dave

artme
5th October 2009, 07:56 PM
Top photo Woodwould!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

How would you be getting that beard caught?

Groggy
5th October 2009, 08:05 PM
How would you be getting that beard caught?I suspect it doubles as steel wool :D

orraloon
5th October 2009, 10:50 PM
Talk all you want about the latest lathe features but I would be happy to have that one.

Cliff Rogers
5th October 2009, 10:54 PM
The good old Henry Taylor HS1 must be in his right hand, I can't see it on the rack of tools. :think:

Manuka Jock
5th October 2009, 11:37 PM
I'd feel a bit odd doing long hole boring on that one , it could put me off spindle work for a bit :o

Rum Pig
6th October 2009, 08:54 AM
DAD:U

Look a bit suspect when you knock the live centre out of the tail stock with a bar:o:doh:
So what does it run on Pal or Whiskers:roll:

Ed Reiss
6th October 2009, 12:18 PM
make the cat sit up and take notice with those long bore jobs:doh:

Woodturnerjosh
9th October 2009, 06:24 PM
So that's why it's called a 'drive dog'! :D