PDA

View Full Version : What a mad day

wheelinround
5th October 2009, 04:12 PM
Started with some time in the shed turning, during which time I got a phone call from the landlady wanting to come around to see us and the neighbour.:rolleyes::(:- Last time this happened the owner wanted to move in :doh::C

Mean while damn chainsaw across the road going I could hardly hear her on the phone, after the call went to investigate. 5 palm tree's being cut down directly across the road. Ah well back to turning.

Landlady arrives

Not this time :U neighbour has been doing some retainer wall fixing, lying his head off to her over the phone, he's putting in two posts to build a boat cover:roll: a boat cover:o one that like many never see's water other than rain $30k I could spend better.

Anyway he did us a big favour having a major gripe session with her in particular about palm tree in our back yard. Fellow's cutting palms across the road were negotiated with deal done palm gone. Couple of other small matters attended to or will be.:2tsup:

Back to tree loppers when out greeting landlady on her arrival spotted they had cut down a Juniper :D also. While landlady was at neighbours wheeled across to see if a litle could be obtained, Can have the whole damn lot if I like half of which was already in the truck being tarped heading to tip.

Tried to ring Hughie but no answer he could have had a stash also. (no problem mate you can still have a bit). They delivered the rest.

So here is the stash

Ps edit 15 mins after palm down it bucketed down

coffenup
5th October 2009, 05:18 PM
you lucky bugger wheelinround
wish I had that sort of luck
regards michael

orraloon
5th October 2009, 05:24 PM
The instinct to grab free wood can not be denied. This sense is highly developed in the woodturner. http://cdn.woodworkforums.com/images/smilies/actions/2thumbsup.gif

AUSSIE
5th October 2009, 05:25 PM
SO Wheely,was that a good day or a bad day:D

wheelinround
5th October 2009, 06:58 PM
Bloody ripper :D:2tsup:

artme
5th October 2009, 07:52 PM
Crikey! That is some haul.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

You realize that the outer part of those bloody mongrel cocos palms is OK for turning? Only good thing about them.

munruben
5th October 2009, 09:02 PM
Sharpen those tools Ray. you are going to be busy. Well done mate.:2tsup:

turnerted
6th October 2009, 04:52 PM
A good pick up .
I am just finishing of a batch of juniper bowls I roughed out six months ago .Beautiful wood with loverly purple/pink heartwood but for some reason I have found that DO on this timber remains tacky for days , maybe it's natural oil in the wood . Anyone else found this ?

Ted

Ed Reiss
6th October 2009, 11:16 PM
"Free Wood" ....the best 2 words in a turners vocabulary :2tsup:

wheelinround
7th October 2009, 03:06 PM
:doh::B Never trust a tree lopper

apparently its Norfolk Pine still good stuff to turn.:2tsup:

Sawdust Maker
7th October 2009, 08:00 PM
What's your address again? Might just have to do a drive by :D

wheelinround