PDA

View Full Version : Scribing Skirting Boards

hbomb
6th August 2004, 10:09 PM
hello.........
I am installing 180mm Victorian Skirting Board.
I have used the scribe method on internal corners and this is working well. The more I am doing, the less no more gaps I am using.
HOWEVER!!
I have one wall which is 4 sections of 45 degrees. Before I waste every piece of skirt that I have and frankly, a 15mm bead of no more gaps is a little over the top, can a "chippy" tell me how to scribe this?? The 45 degrees are internal.
thanks

journeyman Mick
7th August 2004, 12:03 AM
hbomb,
it's pretty much the same process as you've been using but you offer the scribing piece up at 45deg instead of 90. So you cut the first piece and butt it in between the walls, cutting the ends to follow the corner angle (ie one end 90 the other 45, or whatever). Cut two pieces of skirting stock at 45 deg, one in each direction (ie opposite handed). Scribe both the front and the back of the piece to be cut, using the appropriate ends of the of the two pieces. Obviously the face section that is moulded won't get properly scribed but this will still give you some reference marks to work off. Sorry if this is not a really clear description, gimme a couple of bits of skirting and I'd show you in a few minutes :D

Mick

hbomb
9th August 2004, 03:27 PM
Journey, thanks.

Worked a treat!!