PDA

View Full Version : Similar Center Finder

peteandoreen1
7th October 2009, 03:02 PM
I saw a center finder in a woodsmith mag and thought that I could do the same or similar. I did'nt buy any of the bits, When we moved into our home it was meant to be vacant posession BUT it was full of old rubbish from the previous owner. I have steadily been reducing the pile by either fire or projects. I don't know what the wood is but it did come from the side of an old desk draw. (maybe someone can tell me). The pencil thanks GrandKids, The guides old clock legs, screw inserts are sawn of thread from Female part of cupboard joiner for most, and the brass ones from the clock, Thumb screw from a round mini clamp off of an old Mitre saw pillar. What do you think. The idea is the same as the one found in the mag but mine is more pronounced in its shape and I think easier to control.:p

orraloon
7th October 2009, 05:28 PM
Now that is what this woodworking lark is about. Something useful made with zero expenditure on materials. Good job too. I like it.
Regards
John

chrisb691
7th October 2009, 08:18 PM
Very nice.

Woodlee
7th October 2009, 11:04 PM
Zero dollars, it works , looks good it's got to be a winner .

Well done.

Kev.

IanW
12th October 2009, 11:13 AM
Clever bit of thinking to make the side guides adjustable - by keeping them close to the width of the board, you can mark almost to each end. And by switching the guides on one side of the pencil you could also use it to divide your board into regular fractions other than 1/2, too. It beats my couple of nails banged into a piece of scrap for both utility AND elegance.

As the others have said - top marks for thoughtful re-use of materials!

Cheers,

BobL
12th October 2009, 02:41 PM
That is sweet - I like it!

munruben
13th October 2009, 03:48 PM
Yep, terrific. go tot he top of the class.:):2tsup:

artme
15th October 2009, 10:13 AM
Smart unit indeed.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

much classier than my home made.