PDA

View Full Version : For Dads Birthday

thefixer
8th October 2009, 09:25 PM
Yeah, I know, it probably belongs in the clock makers forum but there was so much turning and so little clock that I decided to post it here. I made it for Dads birthday coming up this weekend (seventy something) Made from Tassie Blackwood and finished with "Feast Watsons" gloss, sprayed on. I know it looks too plasticy for the traditionalists but that is what I know Dad likes so that is what Dad gets. I sure hope he likes it.
P.S Not my design, I plagiarised it from some web site I saw some time ago.

Cheers
Shorty

coffenup
8th October 2009, 09:29 PM
your father is one lucky man shorty
great work
regards michael

jefferson
8th October 2009, 09:31 PM
Shorty,

I think you have followed the 1st golden rule of woodworking/ turning very well. Make what the "customer" likes or wants, not what you think they "need".

In your case, your dad. A special touch. If he likes it, you've done more than enough. :2tsup::2tsup:

A nice gift too.

Ad de Crom
9th October 2009, 01:57 AM
Shorty, a real stunning clock.
A beautiful present for your dad's birthday.
You can be proud with this clock.
Great job !!!
Ad :2tsup:

Texian
9th October 2009, 05:15 AM
Damn that's pretty Shorty! Guess I'm in the minority, but I love the finish. High gloss is not necessarily "plasticy".

artme
9th October 2009, 05:42 AM
Well fixer, great turning and great finishing. Your father should be well pleased.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Rum Pig
9th October 2009, 09:02 AM
Wow that is great work:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

I think you have posted it in the correct spot. The clock makers forum would just say theres not enough clock and to much turning:U

I can see that your dad is a very lucky man and this clock is about to become a family heirloom:2tsup:

Calm
9th October 2009, 09:17 AM
Very nice work - how close are the 4 "posts" to identical - they look pretty good in the pictures.

Your Dads a very lucky man and that Blackwood is something special isnt it.

The finish well i donty mind some "shiny" stuff just the same as you wouldnt want everything finished in DO.

Great stuff

Cheers

Ozkaban
9th October 2009, 10:42 AM
I like it! Top job on all of the turning, and I reckon your Dad will be chuffed :2tsup:

Cheers,
Dave

PS. How blockey to say his birthday is "seventy something".:U

munruben
9th October 2009, 11:05 AM
Excellent work. I would love something like that so I am sure your Dad will treasure it.Well done:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Ed Reiss
9th October 2009, 12:23 PM
Shorty, ya' dun good mate :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

dai sensei
9th October 2009, 12:46 PM
Looks great to me :2tsup:

hughie
10th October 2009, 12:54 AM
yup, works for me too :2tsup: