PDA

View Full Version : Bit of a Bargain from Bunnings

smidsy
8th August 2004, 04:36 PM
Hei Guys,
The service still sucks and they only had up to 400 grit sanding disks (when asked the staffer said "if that's all that's there then it's all we have) but they had the cooper tools air cartridge gun down from $68 to $18.
The package says made in the USA and I know Cooper Tools is a decent brand so it seems a good score.
Cheers
Smidsy

Interwood
9th August 2004, 11:35 PM
Air Cartridge Gun - What exactly is it please? Do you mean a caulking gun for use with an air compressor, or is it something else? And which Bunnings has the Gun at this bargan price - is it all WA Bunnings?

bob w
9th August 2004, 11:41 PM
Air Cartridge Gun - What exactly is it please? Do you mean a caulking gun for use with an air compressor, or is it something else? And which Bunnings has the Gun at this bargan price - is it all WA Bunnings?

These will be in all Bunnings that still have stock as they have been discontinued and reduced to clear.
Regards
Bob

smidsy
9th August 2004, 11:47 PM
Yep, it's air gun for the large cartidges of stuff like liquid nails and the like - the builders type cartridges.
I got mine from Bunnings Maddington, I don't know if the other stores have them.
One glitch I found with it is that the hose fitting on the gun will not screw into the female side of the press in air fitting that I have - the air fitting I tried was a new one I had so I don't know if it's the gun or the fitting that's dodgey.
The gun itself is cooper tools brand made in USA, at $18 down from $68 I can handle changing a hose fitting if need be.
Cheers
Smidsy

smidsy
9th August 2004, 11:50 PM
As of 1pm yesterday the Maddington store had about 8 left - opposite the entrance to the internal tool shop, where they have all the cheap crap.
To be honest I do not have a use for it, but I thought that for the price it was worth grabbing.
Cheers
Smidsy

Bob Willson
10th August 2004, 05:01 PM
I tried both the Bunnings shops near me and they hadn't even heard of the name Cooper.

Says it all really. :(

smidsy
10th August 2004, 05:27 PM
Unfortunately that means nothing, it could be sitting on a shelf 3 feet away.
Last time I looked, they sell soldering irons, vice grips and other stuff by cooper tools so they should know the brand - unfortunately the few full timers they have there get shunted round instead of staying in one area and getting some knowledge.
I had one lazy cow today who made me stand there while she rang someone because she was too lazy to look in the file for a price on a jubilee clip.

Bunnings really is cash & carry for people that know what they're doing (therefore don't need advice from the shop staff) and don't mind a long walks (the staff don't know where anything is).
Cheers
Paul