PDA

View Full Version : QLD:Swap ripped off

robyn2839
13th October 2009, 10:58 PM
just curious (no names please) has anyone been ripped off with swapping timber?ie; not receiving timber after sending it to the person wanting to swap, i have been burnt for the third time ,after sending a small slab of blackbean to Tasmania accompanied by two 5kg prepaid satchels , which cost me $49 all up plus the blackbean only to never hear back from this person,(that was in march 2009) followed by countless emails by me with no reply. this person was a regular contributor to the forum, now has gone to ground over a few bits of timber,very disappointed with the whole thing as i regarded this person as a friend, even called on him when i visited tassie,and took some lovely woods for him.its not the timber its the principle ........ i will continue to swap regardless, and i will always honour a deal .......bob

Vernonv
14th October 2009, 12:52 PM
Maybe something has happened to the guy ... he could be in hospital ... or died?

munruben
14th October 2009, 01:16 PM
Thats a shame Bob spoils it for everyone but maybe there is an explanation but then again your third time having been burnt is not a very nice experience. I haven't done any timber swapping apart from the pen swap and with a couple or so friends I know from the forum.

corbs
14th October 2009, 01:47 PM
Hope there's an innocent explanation for the situation, if not then its pretty poor form indeed:-

robyn2839
15th October 2009, 01:19 PM
i hope so too corbs, i always think about it ,is he ok,and so on , i have sent lots of emails ,even to his personal email,a website he is part of , pm,s on this forum, even looked to see if he may have gone back to live at xxxxxxxxxxx,got me beat,

reeves
16th October 2009, 06:00 PM
Dear Bob and fellow woodwrkers. I have recently returned from the wilderness, literally via the aquasistion of alaptop and internet connection so i can once again comunicate with the outside world from my perch on the mountainside in the deep south of Tassie.

It was with some degree of consternation that I stumbled across this post about Bob being ripped off on a timber transaction.

I feel it is fair to clarify the issue and apologise to Bob for any confusion or stress that may have been generated via my inactivity.

Firstly, at the time of the transaction I felt a little put out that Bob seemed to be wanting to trade a 2kilo block of blackbean he sent me for 10 kilos of huon pine and king billy he requested.

Not being on the net at the time i excghanged a brief message with Bob on the issue and just seemed keen that i send him the 10 kilos with him covering all the postage.
and I just kind of left it for a while to see if i could find the right sized chunks in my woodstash. Then the rot set in.

As Vernon percieved something might have happened to me, no I am not dead,but the rigormortis has indeed set in early. I have spent most of the last 6 months on my back with severe spinal arthritis (subchondral sclerosis) among other things. This has left me with chnronic pain, limited movement and a few other sysmptoms like muscle cramps and lockup, amotivation etc.

This has also left me on the disability pension after 3 government job capacity assessments came back negative and i shut my small woodturning business and let go my postion demonstrating at the forest centre in town.
After aboput 70 visits of physiotherapy and hydro therapy plus kilos of pain killers, fishoil, glucosamine and chondrotin with vitamin D, things are improving a bit and I am now a bit more mobile and functional.
The Tassie winter does little for arthritis but the rain and green has been great in spirit.

So whilst dealing with this and the daily grind of firewood chopping and domestic duties, Bobs small wood transaction got left to the bottom of the to do list.

I have now rectified the issue and today visited the local timber tyrants and bought $44 worth of tassies finest to add to a few choice chunks from my stash
and stuck them in Bobs bags and sent them off.

So i have spent 44 of my own cash and about 40 bucks of dry marble burl, birds eye huon and other bits from my stash for 2-3 kilos of blackbean with a big split down the middle.

SO YOU FINE GENTLEMEN WORK OUT WHO MIGHT BEING RIPPED OFF HERE.I hope Bob is pleased when he sticks his big fat nose on those bags.

So I apologise for any trauma this has caused and note that in future any wood transactions should be fairly equitable and its better to keep communication if possible.

I hope this resolves and clarifies the issue.

regards
The increasingly wonky woodturner

witch1
16th October 2009, 06:26 PM
onya reeves
hope things get better for you soon
witch1:2tsup:

Sonab
25th October 2009, 09:58 PM
best wishes on your recovery Reeves,

reeves
25th October 2009, 10:17 PM
thanks good fellows, am still waiting on Bob to confirm he recieved the timber.

reeves
22nd November 2009, 07:10 AM
funny, still no confirmation from Bob that he recieved the timber...seems like hes gone to ground on the issue or maybe somethings happened to him...;-)

i would hope hed be able to confirm reciept of it...hehehehhehehe

lenco
22nd November 2009, 12:58 PM
I had to laugh when I read those comments but I know, a crook back is no joke and it's probably there forever. I swear by that fish oil and it helps my bone on bone vertebrae situation.Your problem probably started like mine,- when you were younger you probably thought you were superman and nothing was too hard. The same goes for ear muffs,- I never started wearing them until after I got tinnitus about 7 years ago. Anyway, hope the timber swap situation has a good ending and the back becomes manageable. Hey you're in Gods country in the Tassie hills, good on yer, Cheers . .Lenco.

funkychicken
22nd November 2009, 03:06 PM
John just checking: Did you send it to Bob's new place at Ningi or his old place?

reeves
22nd November 2009, 07:29 PM
John just checking: Did you send it to Bob's new place at Ningi or his old place?

i think it was his new place, he sent the bags after he moved and addressed them himself..if it was the wrong address i added my return address no probs...so they would boomerang u wood hope..

i noticed he has made other posts on the forum fairly recently so he's about....my guess is he's avoiding the issue...heheheh Bob..where r u Bob? did u get the bags Bob....? hahhahahahmmmmmm