PDA

View Full Version : Woodturning basics on Foxtel How-To channel

ClintO
8th August 2004, 07:48 PM
Just saw for the first time a new program on Foxtel digital called woodturing basics.
As someone who knows extremely little about woodturing I found it very informative. The teacher was a US guy with the surname Hout or Haut. He really seemd to know his stuff. I saw it Sunday morning and again in the afternoon

Clint

smidsy
8th August 2004, 08:29 PM
Is it analogue or digital, and what channel? I'm looking at the guide for foxtel and I've been channel hopping most of the afternoon on analogue and I didn't see anything on woodturning.
Cheers
Smidsy

Babytoolman
8th August 2004, 09:28 PM
Hi guys,
It is digital. If it is the one i saw it is on the How To channel.

adrian
9th August 2004, 08:31 PM
Yes, it is digital. There are only 5 episodes in total so don't get too excited. They probably cut it short because the woman who co-hosts the show looked like she was going to have a heart attack every time the chisel dug in. As a beginner I know how she feels.

smidsy
9th August 2004, 08:48 PM
For those that want a video, there's a couple that should be available from your local library - I know they're available in the WA library system.
I got one by Mike Darlow which was very basic, I didn't watch it all because I found it rather boring but some people would get a lot out of it.
Cheers
Smidsy